• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I hope this means those shows are actually going to move forward and do stuff, unlike Smallville which was basically like seven years worth of teasing stuff that might happen in the future.

ReiGun

How you going to have crisis with just 2 heroes? Seems like a waste.

Between the two shows, they have/will have about 9 (Arrow, Flash, Arsenal, The Atom, Canary, Katana,
Wildcat, Vibe, Firestorm
). Still not the level of the actual Crisis stories, but let's be real, no live action anything is ever going to do something on that scale.

I hope this means those shows are actually going to move forward and do stuff, unlike Smallville which was basically like seven years worth of teasing stuff that might happen in the future.
At the pace Arrow moves (and Flash is likely to move, given they have the same team), I don't think it was ever going to be a Smallville type thing. I mean, we got Roy Harper in Season 1 compared to Smallville's season 3/4 for Kara.

besada

Banned
Between the two shows, they have/will have about 9 (Arrow, Flash, Arsenal, The Atom, Canary, Katana,
Wildcat, Vibe, Firestorm
). Still not the level of the actual Crisis stories, but let's be real, no live action anything is ever going to do something on that scale.
Someone's developing Hourman, too. I'm wondering if they'll spin off some of the others into their own series.

strobogo

Banned
The actual Crisis events were pretty stupid as shit to begin with. Doing them without any of the main players would be amazing.

ReiGun

Someone's developing Hourman, too. I'm wondering if they'll spin off some of the others into their own series.

Reports say that they're considering adding Teen Titans and Supergirl to the universe. Doesn't seem likely given those two are going to different networks (TNT and CBS respectively), but it is something on the table.

Titans would make sense; they've already got Roy Harper and will probably have Wally West this season or next.

J10

Banned
That's a clever way to have the option of connecting the disparate shows and movies without having them be strictly beholden to one another the way the Marvel stuff is. It's kinda sloppy, but at least the shows and movies can breathe.

I bet they sneak in some Smallville and Birds of Prey references at some point.

Bayonetta 2 demo is dope as fuck

my impressions:

953496_600.gif

Silky

Banned
Brehs, I'm ready to ditch my PS3 and 360. I got a 320GB PS3 with a controller and some games, and a 120GB XboX 360 with 5 controllers and some games. How much you think I can sell these on Craigslist for?

Par, Rei, and Mh is Flash's speed effects as good as Clock Up?

Sometimes. They alternate between showing everyone slow (the best part of Clock Up and it works here), showing him as a blur in real-time, and showing him just running (which tends to look bad.) They're good effects, they just need to learn what not to do. no one looks good trying to run in place.

Slayven

Sometimes. They alternate between showing everyone slow (the best part of Clock Up and it works here), showing him as a blur in real-time, and showing him just running (which tends to look bad.) They're good effects, they just need to learn what not to do. no one looks good trying to run in place.

I liked clockup because you saw the effects around them, like in the rain and in the Olive Oil fight.

On another note is this inception?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909461

strobogo

Banned
Brehs, I'm ready to ditch my PS3 and 360. I got a 320GB PS3 with a controller and some games, and a 120GB XboX 360 with 5 controllers and some games. How much you think I can sell these on Craigslist for?

$24.50 plus a cheeseburger from Burger King. And a stabbing.

That's a clever way to have the option of connecting the disparate shows and movies without having them be strictly beholden to one another the way the Marvel stuff is. It's kinda sloppy, but at least the shows and movies can breathe.

I bet they sneak in some Smallville and Birds of Prey references at some point.

How much you want to bet it's referred to tongue-in-cheek as "The Accipiter Protocol" or some bullshit

RP912

Banned
Minecraft for the vita being around the corner *crosses fingers*...I think I'm going to dust off my pc version and work on my duplex I been making.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Ill jump in on this dc stuff with hourman. Ot dr midnite if that were ever to happen

Par, Rei, and Mh is Flash's speed effects as good as Clock Up?

Its one of the things im curious about with the series, and why quicksilvers part in dofp was kinda underwhelming.

KumaJG

I am surprise we don't see more developers going Phil Fish on some gamers. They be getting too comfortable with what they say.

Mortemis

Banned
Unity parity craziness, TEW locked PC fps (don't know much about that rn), Witcher 3 "don't trust the PR" talk, etc etc.

There's always something up in gaming side, lol.

harSon

Banned
I am surprise we don't see more developers going Phil Fish on some gamers. They be getting too comfortable with what they say.

It's taboo to suggest that many gamers are entitled due to the context in which its said in and who is saying it, but that shit is 100% true in a lot more cases than people are willing to admit. I can see why people hang themselves with twitter all the time, because if I had an audience/viewership and received half the shit developers do, then I'd probably end up burning bridges through any medium possible.

In the very first episode they show: a guy named Thawne working at the PD with Barry. Yellow and Red flashes around Barry's mother when she dies. And a brief, oh so brief, image of Professor Zoom.

They also give away that they intend to do Crisis, when at the end of the episode someone sees a newspaper from the future (2024), and it mentions that the Flash has been missing since The Crisis, and down in the corner a story about the "red skies" having disappeared.

So they've already set up Professor Zoom traveling to Barry's past to kill his mom and Barry's "death" in the future Crisis. All this and the beginning of the Rogue's Gallery.

Dammit.

*goes to living room and turns on on demand*

FyreWulff

I don't understand what Ubisoft's problem is.

Just say "we decided to target 30 fps with a higher level of detail, rather than target 60 fps with less detail."

DONE. You've explained it without treating everyone like damned idiots.

Ubisoft being a bro and taking the hits for going sub-1080p and not-60fps with new games

1080p native / 60fps honeymoon isn't going to last the entire gen. Developers want to push finite hardware.

KumaJG

I don't understand what Ubisoft's problem is.

Just say "we decided to target 30 fps with a higher level of detail, rather than target 60 fps with less detail."

DONE. You've explained it without treating everyone like damned idiots.

People would of still got upset. Gamers are vicious. Ubi better off not saying anything. It is none of our business on what specs they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom