• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
How y'all feel about Hatred (game about killing people/mass murderer sim)

mad I didn't see a xb1 or ps4 logo at the end of the trailer.
would love to play it.
company / games industry better be ready for that shit storm though.

Hatred rubs me the wrong way. The gameplay looks raw as fuck, but the protagonist opening monologue and 'rationale' for mass murder is so incredibly cringe worthy and disturbing. It's like they dove into the mind of one of these unapologetic, self loathing,misanthropic, and emo as fuck cuz they can't get laid school shooters. I feel like it would resonate with too many losers out there for me to support such a title. Not at all comparable to GTA imo. Not that I don't support the developers rights to create what they want(only a videogame after all), I just don't like it.
I agree with this. It wasn't till I saw game play that I got hyped. It reminded me of boxhead which is my favorite flash game.

Imm0rt4l

Hatred rubs me the wrong way. The gameplay looks raw as fuck, but the protagonist opening monologue and 'rationale' for mass murder is so incredibly cringe worthy and disturbing. It's like they dove into the mind of one of these unapologetic, self loathing,misanthropic, and emo as fuck cuz they can't get laid school shooters. I feel like it would resonate with too many losers out there for me to support such a title. Not at all comparable to GTA imo. Not that I don't support the developers rights to create what they want(only a videogame after all), I just don't like it.

They should have went all in with Hatred for maximum edgy controversy. I wanna see curbstomping children, raping pregnant women QTEs, racist comments getting dropped left and right.

You gonna do shock value, go big or go home

Imm0rt4l

It never fails everytime I hear jim jones say he gonna slap Nas's kufi off I bust out laughing.

cODciQ5.png

They should have went all in with Hatred for maximum edgy controversy. I wanna see curbstomping children, raping pregnant women QTEs, racist comments getting dropped left and right.

smh

lol

Slayven

I thought it couldn't be that bad, but I jsut saw the trailer. They got to be trolling that can't be serious with rolling with that. They pretty much put ever jack thompson arguement and wrapped it in elliot rodgers ramblings made it a game. Shit disturbed the shit out me and I am pretty fucked to begin wiith.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I said my piece up in there already. Lame premise and it's a twin-stick shooter. Ye gods.

Slayven

Cinemetic Story and Gameplay penned by Mark Millar.

cdyhybrid

Plus then you can play it off as a commentary on the shock-jock sort of extreme hate comments rampant on the modern-day internet.

So seems like Nimiya is black and not a Japanese dude trying to act stereotypically black. So him and black sniper dude have made me forgive Kubo for Jerome, who had the power to turn into a gorilla.

Bleach.

Slayven

So seems like Nimiya is black and not a Japanese dude trying to act stereotypically black. So him and black sniper dude have made me forgive Kubo for Jerome, who had the power to turn into a gorilla.

Bleach.

Remember when i said every black character in bleach is only badass when they wear glasses? If they don't have them or take them off, they turn to shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How y'all feel about Hatred (game about killing people/mass murderer sim)

My first thought was, everything about this is juvenile as fuck from the title, to the motivation of the character, and his dialogue. It seems like it wants to have this grand dialogue about violence and place it in front of the player, yet didn't have the heart to go all the way, in terms of presentation.

The character is the standard, white guy loner, whom rises out of bed one day to go commit these heinous acts. In reality, people that do shit like this aren't all this stereotype. In reality, the killer might be some smooth talking, everyday joe/jane, whom may or may not be ugly, and may or may not have a psychotic aura about them out, and may or may not have a history of issues that lead them to whatever evil shit it is that they're going to partake in, and may or may not dress like a fucking Matrix reject. They probably thought about whatever actions they were going to take for a while, and probably had plans to carry them. Here, it's just, "yo I got these guns, fuck people." So, it's generic as all fuck, on top of being black and white (cause..we don't want to go to far). I honestly don't see the difference between this and something like Postal 1 (which I played and hated), and couldn't care less about what the devs have to say, in regards to their mission statement.

I've watched to many horror films that were utterly oppressive, mean spirited, to much for certain audiences to handle, and I could decipher a meaning behind the director's vision, without them telling me what it is that I'm seeing. Other times, I've heard such statements and mental directions from directors, when really...it's nothing other than a cover for whatever schlock I sat through. So again, this really isn't doing shit for me.

I've played plenty of games that made feel some type of way for playing them, and at the very least, the comments they made on the connection between the player and the onscreen violence seemed "thought out"

I'm really not trying to hear, this is no different than other games. It is. It's all about context and presentation. GTAV, pretty much proved that with the torture commentary. Hotline Miami did this too, and it seemed to speak with more pronounced and punctuated dialogue.

I don't need to play shit like this, but it's not because I'm offended. Could be a decent game. I don't really care. *yeezy shrug*

tldr: Shit seems juvenile,and the gameplay seems generic, but whatever.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Bleach.

I'm sorry, what?

Trey

Naruto is ending in the dumbest manner possible. It's been terrible for a while now, but this ending climax is on another level.

Slayven

What about that cat chick? Yochiru or whatever.
She Indian.

Jerome

transformed

Yep. That happened.

Spoilers for Bleach above.

Hahaha. Sniper doesn't have shades and he's legit.

I wish the anime was still going. At least we would see the fights they skip over and not get that "something happened to this character, find out maybe next week what it was" shit he does.

Anita article on the NYT front page hahaha. Wanted her to be irrelevant so hard you turn her into a spokesperson and martyr. Gamers....
Exactly.......know what the media and America hates the most? Telling a cute white girl she can't do something and you might hurt her.

There's nothing wrong with some shit being shamed in my eyes. I don't buy into but they can't help it as an excuse. I'm willing to believe it might be a messed up sexual orientation that occurred and or wires in their brain got crossed but I'm not comfortable with forcing people to accept or trust someone with a sexual attraction to children.

Also kind of disturbed with the thread entirely now for other reasons. Gotta leave anyway but ugh, put a bad taste in my mouth before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom