• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo this is too real.

I have 3 other siblings that I live with. So my mom would always yell every one of our names and when we get there she be like "mmmmm you".

Like you could've saved me some time if you weren't gonna ask me anything.

My mom would just call our names portmanteau style. "JENNYCHRISSYSUE! GET IN HERE!"

And whoever got there first got stuck doing the chore.

Don't worry you got at least 2 ppl here potentially making tiger woods babies in the future they'd take away your burden

My baby has already been called "Obama" by some kids as we walked by.

tumblr_n8k5kqNRjO1rsq803o1_1280.jpg

getting called to the room to hand her the remote......and it's like just out of arm's length.

Kreed

Thread: Just got told off by my high-school friend's father.

:3

Sometimes I wonder how posters who make threads don't see backfires coming, well the ones that aren't trolling. Everyone with the ability to make a thread as been around GAF long enough to know what the community likes and doesn't like, but they still make these topics as if posters are going to answer their topic question.

So I've finally come back. Not banned, just MIA for the past 4 days. Moving into my first apartment with my fiance. So can any brave person give me a synopsis of GAF for the past 4 days? Or news in general.

Also, Shikimaru is that nigga and don't let anyone else tell you different. If he wanted to, he could become Hokage. He's elite strategist. Nobody would want to fuck up the Hidden Leaf or risk dying.

Rashida Jones In Freaks And Geeks! I like young Rashida Jones. And Freaks and Geeks was like SNL in the 70s. So many future stars came from the cast.

My dad was the type to bust out the:
"Do you realise HOW DISAPPOINTED i am in you son?"

Right in the feels everytime. I would bawl my eyes out for hours.

Bruh that's the worst..... I'd have taken a whipping many a times as opposed to having my pops "talk" to me.

For the old heads in thread talking bout moms calling you to something....What about changing that channel on the old floor model when she lost the remote tho????

Slayven

My mom use to send me in to pay for gas and get her cigarettes when I was a kid. Couldn't get shit even though all the candy was right there at eye level.

Slayven

That's how we know you old, cause ain't no way that would fly today.

The good old days. What about going outside to get your on switch??

That was the good old days when you could ride on 2.00s worth gas for about 3 days. Switch getting wasn't that bad, what was bad was when you fucked up at school or out in the neighborhood you got to wait an hour before your momma got home to hear about it. Knowing she be tired and don't want to hear no bullshit out the box. Your mind be playing tricks on you and your heart be beating so fast.

That was the good old days when you could ride on 2.00s worth gas for about 3 days. Switch getting wasn't that bad, what was bad was when you fucked up at school or out in the neighborhood you got to wait an hour before your momma got home to hear about it. Knowing she be tired and don't want to hear no bullshit out the box. Your mind be playing tricks on you and your heart be beating so fast.

This happened to me once. Me and the kids were playing on the balcony of the babysitter's apartment and I fucked up at school (think I was sent home early) and all the kids knew about it. So all the kids said to me, "Hey Kenny, I think that's your mom walking down the street. Oooooooooo she don't look happy." So when I saw her, she gestured me to get back inside." I then got spanked in front of the kids when she got to the babysitter's. I think she had to come home from work early too. Which pissed her off even more.

Slayven

This happened to me once. Me and the kids were playing on the balcony of the babysitter's apartment and I fucked up at school (think I was sent home early) and all the kids knew about it. So all the kids said to me, "Hey Kenny, I think that's your mom walking down the street. Oooooooooo she don't look happy." So when I saw her, she gestured me to get back inside." I then got spanked in front of the kids when she got to the babysitter's. I think she had to come home from work early too. Which pissed her off even more.

Oh somebody had to miss time at work? Shit is going to go down.

Jado

Banned
That Spidey pic is accurate.

The good old days. What about going outside to get your on switch??

I had to look up this switch thing. No belts in the house?

I once got a brutal belting when I was 12. Door locked, my sisters were outside my room screaming for my mom to stop. I got up at the end like:

"Im... okay. Didn't even hurt. Huh... Mom is weak."

Barack-Obama-Not-Bad.jpg

RP912

Banned
My peeps used to do psychological shit to me when I was a youngin. Fuck a belt...they took away my computer for 2 months.

That alone scared me straight. I can take some ass whooping but my pc man :(. 20mb hard drive, 8 mb of ram, windows 3.1, and a cd rom drive.

Feels :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I lived on the internet in 1994, my 14 year old self was aghast in horror when my dad grabbed a knife and cut the phone cord I had to the phone to use it. Thought I was next.

x Misogi

"Find me a belt"

earth_quake_face.gif

"i'mma whoop ya ass, and when ya daddy get home he gonna whoop ya ass too"

you aint ready for the double-down.

[edit] Thinking back on it I always seemed to do the worst while wearing a pair of windbreakers. Why couldn't I have just been wearing jeans?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
56k. The bad old days.

I was on a struggle 28.8 from my BBS days accessing the internet with Trumpet Winsock and Procomm Plus. I still remember my old 2400 baud modem's init code. Burned into my brain.

Good times.

this happend to me a few times and I just straight up refused to cry, being hit in front of other kids really pissed me off

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That moment when your mom pick up the phone while you browsing netscape though.

Around that time we used terminal for our internet needs since aol cost a lot and was worthless.

Gamesdomain was the shit btw.

soooooo many times the phone was picked up

I even did it to my brother and sister to try to get them off the phone and pretend I didnt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
did any of you guys have the pleasure of experiencing corporal punishement at school

100%.

This mean fucker, Mr. Stovall, scourge of Grades 1-5. I wasn't a bad kid, but I think everyone ended up getting "swats" from him. He was the principal.

Swats were handed out even through high school (Tulsa public schools) to the point where I couldn't be hurt by them because I was so goddamn big and huge. Just a formality.

J10

Banned
did any of you guys have the pleasure of experiencing corporal punishement at school

Closest thing: a teacher grabbed me by the arm really hard once and I slapped him in the mouth and ran to the AP's office. He left a bruise on my arm and got fired as a result.

RP912

Banned
soooooo many times the phone was picked up

I even did it to my brother and sister to try to get them off the phone and pretend I didnt.

One time I was talking to this girl while playing yahoo games. We were having a blast with the convo and was about to be friends until my damn mom picked up the phone. By the time she was done and I got back on...the girl was long gone :(.

56k modems really was a cockblocking around that time man.

100%.

This mean fucker, Mr. Stovall, scourge of Grades 1-5. I wasn't a bad kid, but I think everyone ended up getting "swats" from him. He was the principal.

Swats were handed out even through high school (Tulsa public schools) to the point where I couldn't be hurt by them because I was so goddamn big and huge. Just a formality.

true shit I had no idea what detention was till 97 when they phased out swating

RP912

Banned

More so during summer camp. It was a bible camp which I didn't wanted to go to but ended up enjoying because of this counselor I had a crush on.

The main dude that was over the camp use to whip kids in front of us and have them stand in a corner. I never got the pleasure of a asswhooping from him since I was shooked.

Yes, 1st grade.I had a problem with running my mouth while the teacher was talking. So on this particular afternoon when my dad picked me up, he spanked me in front of the class and made me apologize to the who classroom for being disruptive.

So technically yes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
true shit I had no idea what detention was till 97 when they phased out swating

I remember once I was given a choice.

"Wait, take some swats or waste 2 hours after school? I'll take the swats."

Slayven

Anybody get inhouse suspension? Loved that shit, didn't have to walk 1/4 mile back and forth across campus and up 4 flights of stairs. And they brought lunch too us? School staycation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody get inhouse suspension? Loved that shit, didn't have to walk 1/4 mile back and forth across campus and up 4 flights of stairs. And they brought lunch too us? School staycation.

That was for the kids that couldn't get through a week without fighting. We called it OASIS for some acronymish reason, not sure what it meant. Half to 75% of those kids in OASIS were never seen with genpop.

Slayven

That was for the kids that couldn't get through a week without fighting. We called it OASIS for some acronymish reason, not sure what it meant. Half to 75% of those kids in OASIS were never seen with genpop.

The coach that ran our's always drove a fresh Mercedes.

kyored

In the 2nd grade I said,'' Fuck da Police'' to loud. After that, it was a rap.

Once. I slap the shit out of a mofo for touching my gameboy.

True.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also once you got out of in-house suspension, you were a changed person. A little different, you had a little dip in your hip, you had SEEN THINGS.

RP912

Banned

Yep it was more for being late for school a few times. Shit all we did was sit in the auditorium and watch mtv2. It was awesome.

Jado

Banned
My peeps used to do psychological shit to me when I was a youngin. Fuck a belt...they took away my computer for 2 months.

That alone scared me straight. I can take some ass whooping but my pc man :(. 20mb hard drive, 8 mb of ram, windows 3.1, and a cd rom drive.

Feels :(

My mom and older brother were doing this to me all the way into college whenever I was slow on paying "rent." Several times they took away the computer when I needed it for actually doing my homework. Neither cared they were actually setting me back from graduating. Constant worry about money makes families do irrational, mean, stupid things. My mom got sucked into homeownership like everyone else in the mid-2000s... cuz our spacious low-rent apt before that wasn't enough. Fam had a few huge fights where I straight up blamed her for the predicament she put us in. I'm not close with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom