• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
"I challenge EviLore and Bish..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY8Ba0K9_1w

EDIT: Okay -- it's not a Bucket, it's a bowl. I didn't have a bucket.
The ice cost £5.67 total for the two attempts it took. Cut me some slack, I'm in Pajamas because I brought a change of clothes to take the bus home in. =P

First post nailed it:
2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

Anybody get inhouse suspension? Loved that shit, didn't have to walk 1/4 mile back and forth across campus and up 4 flights of stairs. And they brought lunch too us? School staycation.

Loved it, until our school district realized we enjoyed that shit. Then they changed it to ISS...In school suspension.

- You couldn't leave for lunch....they bought it to you
- No breaks in between classes they hand your work already in the class

It was basically solitary confinement...... I was in the 94 yearbook as one of the first HS freshmen to get ISS like it was a badge of honor. Never got it again.

Loved it, until our school district realized we enjoyed that shit. Then they changed it to ISS...In school suspension.

- You couldn't leave for lunch....they bought it to you
- No breaks in between classes they hand your work already in the class

It was basically solitary confinement...... I was in the 94 yearbook as one of the first HS freshmen to get ISS like it was a badge of honor. Never got it again.

good lord, ISS was like prison. A whole fuckin' day of sitting in one boring ass classroom, no talking with friends, trying to holla at girls, getting behind on all your class projects/lessons/assignments, tired-ass sack lunches with the cold sandwiches, chips and packaged apple slices...whole day wasted.

Never again, fam

Slayven

In high school we had a good football team, tennis team, and golf team. Yeah the other two didn't fit our half hood, half country school, but we had them. So those coaches always got the bullshit teaching jobs. I had the tennis coach 's "health and safety" class. Which was from Monday thru Thursday we copied 4 pages from the overhead projector(old school). Then Friday we had a multiple choice test, while he drunk coffee and read the paper. It was first period so I don't know what he did to kill time the rest of the day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In high school we had a good football team, tennis team, and golf team. Yeah the other two didn't fit our half hood, half country school, but we had them. So those coaches always got the bullshit teaching jobs. I had the tennis coach 's "health and safety" class. Which was from Monday thru Thursday we copied 4 pages from the overhead projector(old school). Then Friday we had a multiple choice test, while he drunk coffee and read the paper. It was first period so I don't know what he did to kill time the rest of the day.

Our coaches' policy was "if you want to be a coach you have to teach a class"

We learned Freshman Algebra together, along with our teacher. It was his first time doing algebra. FUCK

Slayven

Our coaches' policy was "if you want to be a coach you have to teach a class"

We learned Freshman Algebra together, along with our teacher. It was his first time doing algebra. FUCK

My junior year we had a assistant coach teaching algebra 2, him and another teacher got fired for getting drunk and fucking on the senior trip.

good lord, ISS was like prison. A whole fuckin' day of sitting in one boring ass classroom, no talking with friends, trying to holla at girls, getting behind on all your class projects/lessons/assignments, tired-ass sack lunches with the cold sandwiches, chips and packaged apple slices...whole day wasted.

Never again, fam

I've been there and it's awful

Young Magus

Man seein ya reminisce over ya'll childhood and school days made me realized something.....

I was good as FUCK, and I had it easy 0-o. Anytime I came close to fuckin up all I had was the talk (which got old during High School)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
she's the only good thing about that whole storyline

both Bellas are damn awful

RedSwirl

Is anybody else being reminded of A Time To Kill by all this shit? In more ways than one I mean.

Maybe I just haven't seen that movie in a long-ass time, but the more I think about it the more I think it actually examines a lot of the shit we're looking at right now, and I'm not even talking about the klansmen in the movie, or hell even Kevin Spacey's character. Again, I haven't seen that movie in years, but to my recollection McConaughey's character believes himself to be a post-racial white American (while saying he's in support of capital punishment). The movie spends most of its screentime contrasting him with classic southern-style racists. Then somewhere towards the end of the movie when he tells Jackson's character he considers them to be friends, Jackson's character gives him a speech about how they aren't really friends. He asks how many times McConaughey has been over to a barbecue at his house, or how well he actually knows the guy's family. And then Jackson spells out the reason he hired a white lawyer to defend him in the first place -- because he needed someone on his side white people would actually listen to. Then finally during the last day of the trial McConaughey has to end is closing statement with "Imagine if the victim was white," feeling terrible he even has to do this.

I dunno. That whole thing just sounds pretty profound in retrospect in terms of being a post-civil rights race movie. Maybe I just have a totally lapsed memory of the film.

Slayven

Hiphop preference shade is almost as good as pop shade.

"Wow he beat up a bus full of kids? I know he wasn't right, all he listened to was Tech 9."

KumaJG

I legit got told "come in here......hand me that remote" that was at the end of her bed juuuuust out of arms reach....I swear. If anyone other than my mom did that to me...I don't know, shit if I found out I was adopted and we're not blood we're gonna have a conversation.

Lol My mom did that to me to me I was younger as well. I started to ignore here because I knew she wasn't going to get up lol.

I'm writing up the explanation of events from Mike Brown's friend and what Wilson is supposedly telling investigators for the Ferguson thread but I thought I'd drop this here real quick.

I can't say with absolute certainty which account is totally, or even more accurate than the other right now.....but I can say one sounds real and the other sounds real fishy.

Wilson's account of the events. Told by a friend of his wife, but sources have said that it is identical to what Wilson is saying

• Wilson told Brown and Dorian to get out of the street, they refused
  • He may or may not have called for back-up at this point
  • He pulled his car ahead of them and gets a call that someone stole some cigars.
  • He notices Mike has what may be stolen cigars
  • He opens his car door, one of the young men slams the door closed, believed to be Mike
  • He opens his door again and stands up, Mike bum rushes him and punches him
  • Wilson goes for his gun, Mike grabs it and at one point has it turned at Wilson's hip and Wilson shoves it away and it goes off
  • Mike and Dorian begin to run
  • They get 35 feet away and Wilson yells "Freeze!"
  • Mike and Dorian turn around
  • Mike begin to taunt Wilson "What are you gonna do?" "You're not gonna shoot me."
  • Mike then bum rushes Wilson a 2nd time Wilson then opens fire
  • Mike continues to rush at him while being hit
  • Wilson believes Mike was "on something"
  • The last shot was to Mike's forehead which finally stopped him and he collpased 2-3 feet in front of Wilson

Dorian Johnson's version of the events

• He and Mike were walking down the street
  • Wilson pulled up and said "Get the fuck on the sidewalk"
  • They told the officer that they were about a minute from their destination and they'd be out of the street
  • Wilson went on his way for a moment
  • Wilson then reversed his car that almost hit Mike and Dorian, blocking both lanes
  • Wilson threw his door open, but he was so close to Dorian and Mike that it hit them and flung back shut
  • Wilson became upset at that point
  • Wilson then reaches out of the window and grabs Mike's neck
  • Mike tries to get away, Wilson then grabs him by the arm
  • Wilson draws his weapon says "I'll shoot you" and the first shot goes off
  • 'he' is shot and is bleeding
  • Mike and Dorian run
  • Dorian hid and Mike kept running
  • Mike implored Dorian to run for his life
  • Office gets out of the car and pursued Mike with his gun drawn
  • He shot again and Mike turns around with his hands up
  • Wilson continues to fire
  • Dorian then runs away from the scene

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
How you let a non-wrestler that hasn't been in the ring for over ten years outdo you?

I could understand if it was just that Steph was better on the mic, since she's been at it longer, but in the ring, too?

And it's not just that Steph is better, it's that the Bellas are legitimately terrible, even by Diva standards.

If Wilson's account was true, how come none of the shots entered the front of his body? He'd have to be Magneto to make the bullet go into a trajectory that will hit Mike in the back while he was running towards him. If that's what he has, getting an indictment will be easy.

If Wilson's account was true, how come none of the shots entered the front of his body? He'd have to be Magneto to make the bullet go into a trajectory that will hit Mike in the back while he was running towards him. If that's what he has, getting an indictment will be easy.

Almost all the shots definitely entered the front of Brown's body. The only ones that could have entered from behind are the ones to his arm. Coroner said it is possible he was struck in the arm from behind given the entry wound.

The final bullet entering the top of his head is super suspect.

How tall is Wilson? cause Brown is 6'4" unless he was on some Juggernaut shit, him rushing Wilson then getting a bullet to the top of his head exiting his chin and reentering his collarbone sounds off....Wilson would have to be like 7+ feet tall to corroborate his story.

Unless the bullet took a wild trajectory, I'm no bullet expect or anything, so maybe that's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom