• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all the shots definitely entered the front of Brown's body. The only ones that could have entered from behind are the ones to his arm. Coroner said it is possible he was struck in the arm from behind given the entry wound.

Oh damn is that right, well shame on me for passing around false info. Next best thing, his word over other witnesses that says otherwise

EloquentM

aka Mannny
welcome, goddamnit welcome to the club!

:( feel my pain

Am I the only one who watermelon like this?

={

Nooooo, what happened
left ATT for another job and the new job was having me spend more money than I was making so.... 😩😩😩😩😩. Hire me Vince, I know you got openings, I need work 😩😩😩

Good shit Moris. But the shopkeeper and his lawyer said they never reported a robbery is what I was hearing.

Some other customer reported the incident. My girlfriend's parents own a shop and stuff like that isn't worth getting the cops involved. It's a waste of time and it just hurts relations with the community.

Mike's friend and the family attorney is saying that they indeed stole the Rillos. I'd guess that they just want that bit to be overlooked as much as possible cause it's an obvious character assassination attempt.

Selling those things to minors is a big no-no and shops will enforce it wholeheartedly. Not making a couple dollars is not worth having any sort of officials coming down on you if you're the store owner. Employees generally are more lax cause they won't be fined for it, but maybe fired by the owner for it. IIRC there's a decent sized fine attached to selling tobacco products to minors. I'd assume the older gentleman who confronted Brown is the owner of the shop.

If I had to guess Brown didn't have ID cause he's 18 or at least didn't have it on him. The shop refused to sell it to him without it, he either just snatched em up in frustration or possibly threw some cash down and just took em. I think it'd be considered theft even if he gave them money since they're not legally allowed to sell without proof of not being a minor. Either way everything that happened prior to Wilson engaging Dorian and Brown is basically irrelevant if Brown was indeed surrendering.

KumaJG

Slayven please don't be this guy

BvQZwnUIEAAfsKH.jpg

Jado

Banned

BvQZwnUIEAAfsKH.jpg

What part of life is this?

That's really well done Moris.

Wilson's account just makes no fucking sense.

Trying to be level-headed, but the Wilson account reads like something from a movie. The cop cursing at them for no reason and grabbing him in anger feels very real. Feel like I've met cops who if they tripped on their laces on their way to talk to you would bounce back up extra angry at you for no reason.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If your wife is openly crying in front of you because the dude she had an affair with hurt her feelings by sleeping with someone else, you already possess an L big enough to climb all over Shadow of the Colossus style.

She doesn't give a FUCK about you. Bail.

he's gonna beat that guy's ass not because he fucked his wife

but because he made her cry that somebody else is getting the dick instead of her

Gorillaz, I need you to hack into The Game and see if there are parts of this in the directory. Maybe some locked DLC expansion we haven't heard about

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Feel like I've met cops who if they tripped on their laces on their way to talk to you would bounce back up extra angry at you for no reason.
My father is like that, but he was in 'Nam. He would get those death eyes like Tom Berenger in Platoon when he was about to kill Charlie Sheen with an entrenching tool. I remember him standing over me with a machete like that once. To this day, I do not know what stopped him. That's okay, though. I got my revenge and became just like him.

Well, now I got that shit out. ...As you were.

Maybe that is why Dy took off, he is in hiding.
He had job stuff.

He would do something like that just to have someone to troll.

I can see that.

"She's mad like a kid watching someone else playing with her toy, even tho she has another toy right there, but she doesn't want that one she wants the one the other kid got. Because I'm Lego muthafucka, now get yo MegaBloks-ass the fuck from around here."

BvQZwnUIEAAfsKH.jpg

This isn't part of the game。

Too much shit has gone down. They will probably convict him just because they think a full scale riot will happen.

You know how many race riots we've had in the US that resulted in nothing happening to the officer in question? They're not going to do shit to Wilson, and no full scale riot will happen。

Slayven

They fucked with journalist too.
I can see that.

"She's mad like a kid watching someone else playing with her toy, even tho she has another toy right there, but she doesn't want that one she wants the one the other kid got. Because I'm Lego muthafucka, now get yo MegaBloks-ass the fuck from around here."
"She mad because another chick is eating her Oreos, and she had to settle for fucking Hydrox."

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Trying to be level-headed, but the Wilson account reads like something from a movie. The cop cursing at them for no reason and grabbing him in anger feels very real. Feel like I've met cops who if they tripped on their laces on their way to talk to you would bounce back up extra angry at you for no reason.

That's how I see it too. I mean, I'll admit, I kinda went "wha?" At the friends account of Mike telling him to run without him because it sounds kinda too heroic (?) But that's pretty possible considering he probably was going to run off with him and wasn't expecting to get shot. I can see that having merit after all.

Overall, I sooner believe that Wilson grabbed him by the neck to the car, and that would explain why some witnesses saw what appeared to be a struggle. He likely managed to overpower Wilson and pulled away to run and that pissed Wilson off enough to draw his gun and shoot at him.

I just don't think Mike's friend and most of the witnesses would lie about an encounter like that. Most people are more eager to share what they've seen because it's frightening to witness a murder. It's traumatizing. I just can't fathom Dorian lying about such an incident, and especially not strangers who have ties to none of them.

My brother had some run-ins with the law many times because he's crazy like that. I'm aware that police lie so forgive my distrust, but police lied to my mother and I years back, claiming to have a search warrant for my brother and needing to look in our house for him.

Months later, his parole officer tells us they lied to us and didn't have a warrant at all.

I can't forget that. It wasn't a problem if they had just asked to look around, we would've let them. But that they lied about it was quite daunting.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...earched-after-photographing-nypd-wins-125000/

A New York man who claimed police arrested and strip-searched him after he photographed a stop-and-frisk of three African-American youths has settled his civil rights suit with the New York Police Department for $125,000.

The NYPD settled with a man named Dick George, who alleged that while he was sitting in his parked car in Flatbush in 2012, he saw two NYPD officers get out of an unmarked car and perform what is known as a stop-and-frisk of three youths. George said he captured the search on his mobile phone. He claimed he went up to the youths and told them next time that happens to make sure they get the officers' badge numbers.

He said the two officers overheard his comments, followed him briefly in his vehicle and then arrested him for disorderly conduct—and strip-searched him at the station.

After being held for about an hour, he was released. He said he injured a knee during his arrest, and the cops erased his photographs from his mobile phone.

"Then, prior to releasing Plaintiff from the defendant's custody, the defendant officers purposely deleted all photographic, audio and video recordings from Plaintiff's cellular telephone in order to destroy and cover up evidence of their unlawful activities depicted therein,"

The settlement, first reported Monday by the Daily News, comes weeks after the NYPD reminded its officers that it was legal to peacefully record police activity. That department-wide memo followed the videotaped NYPD arrest of a man who died after being subdued by a chokehold last month.

I mean, I'm glad he got a settlement but this just seems like a case of "whoops we got caught, here's some cash, now fuck off". What has to actually happen for change to occur?

I think the bit about Mike telling Dorian to run meant "stop hiding and run WITH me" not some action movie cliche where he tells Dorian "Go on ahead...I'll handle this"

Whoo.. that time I flipped off a cop driving like a mad man in an unmarked vehicle.

Remedial assholes think they are, and are above, the law.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I think the bit about Mike telling Dorian to run meant "stop hiding and run WITH me" not some action movie cliche where he tells Dorian "Go on ahead...I'll handle this"

Yeah I had to think about it for a minute. I'm sure that's what was going on. He likely expected both of them to run off together, and it's understandable he didn't expect to be shot... he fucking shouldn't have been shot.

Malyse

They fucked with journalist too.

"She mad because another chick is eating her Oreos, and she had to settle for fucking Hydrox."

and that will turn the media against them and will insure that the trial (assuming they even have one) is a fucking circus. That don't make a guilty verdict in the slightest. A. Missouri as a state is 84% white. B. There's no way in fuck that the trial is in Ferguson, so expect a mostly white jury. C. I don't know if you're checking the Ferguson thread, but the police are winning the minds of white folk hand over fist. I mean, I don't think a page has gone by without someone bringing up that damned robbery. Outside of letting that idiot of a chief hold press conferences, whoever's in charge of the info leak in Ferguson is doing a phenomenal job of twisting the story. It's brilliance at its most cynical deviousness. No chance this gets a guilty. Or have we forgotten Trayvon? Oh, and this is your reminder that the lawyer who handled that is handling this...

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Whoo.. that time I flipped off a cop driving like a mad man in an unmarked vehicle.

Remedial assholes think they are, and are above, the law.

In Texas, look for the "Exempt" tag on the license plate and leave those people alone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

BvQZwnUIEAAfsKH.jpg

iU1sNxLUDx5BR.gif

={

left ATT for another job and the new job was having me spend more money than I was making so.... 😩😩😩😩😩. Hire me Vince, I know you got openings, I need work 😩😩😩

What area of America and what's your skillset? Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I know anyone around your area.

Given the state of ALS research and the nature of the disease itself, that money probably isn't really going to be doing much of anything. Meanwhile, people dying from easily treatable diseases. I get annoyed at the extremes of the charitable effectiveness camp, but this guilt tripping and showboating for given to a disease that is a beast to treat and modern treatment doesn't particularly provide much more longevity and comfort is annoying.

My mom thinks black people should stop protesting. Can't really fault her reasoning though, which is "what do they expect to happen?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Given the state of ALS research and the nature of the disease itself, that money probably isn't really going to be doing much of anything. Meanwhile, people dying from easily treatable diseases. I get annoyed at the extremes of the charitable effectiveness camp, but this guilt tripping and showboating for given to a disease that is a beast to treat and modern treatment doesn't particularly provide much more longevity and comfort is annoying.

There's nothing that makes you feel great like charity, especially when other people see you give.

Jado

Banned
There's nothing that makes you feel great like charity, especially when other people see you give.

This has actually been verified by studies. People feel better when they donate and partake in life experiences vs. having lots of money and buying lots of material objects.

This ALS ice bucket gimmick fits the criteria for the first two.

This was my take as well.

Slayven

I don't get the ice bucket gimmick, I rather just give money. I think it is system of everyone being connected by the internet, but not really building any real connections.

SmokyDave

I don't get the ice bucket gimmick, I rather just give money. I think it is system of everyone being connected by the internet, but not really building any real connections.
Nobody is going to 'like' you on Facebook if you just quietly donate to charity in the background.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bet some people get the same high as a hit of crack from a like or a retweet. Somebody give me grant money to prove my theory.

You don't have to, I'll tell you straight up. I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom