• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Went to my lecture today. Hour later, get a call from home. My sister collapsed, people screaming and freaking out. Had to get a ride home to watch the kids while she was shipped off to the ER.

what a day.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Went to my lecture today. Hour later, get a call from home. My sister collapsed, people screaming and freaking out. Had to get a ride home to watch the kids while she was shipped off to the ER.

what a day.

Gosh... I hope everything turns out okay.

J10

Banned
The level of improvement in SHIELD is staggering.

I didn't hate the first season like most people seemed to, but in retrospect it seems really cobbled together at the last minute. The new episodes are moving the story along at a really fast pace and they generally feel more thought-out with considerably less filler.

And they're letting Ming Na emote this season, which is great.

Malyse

You better off wishing there were more YJ or Spectacular Spider-Man episodes.
Bruh. I wrote a letter* to marvel to get either Young Avengers or Runaways off the ground. Chloe Moretz would have been a perfect Molly Hayes, Elle Fanning would have been Caroline, and Avery Brooks would have been amazing as Geoffrey Wilder.

Actually, almost all my faves are potential "up the stakes" kills for the MCU.

*Actually a tweet link to a tumblr open letter.

Also, can we talk about how Korra got fucking styled on last episode?

Eck9Qkq.gif

Any time a character does that shuffle I get crazy hype

Malyse

May is so good. That episode with the mirror match was great, and her fight with the whiplash dude was also fun.

Also, can we talk about how Korra got fucking styled on last episode?

http://i.imgur.com/Eck9Qkq.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cmQ96Es.gif
Congrats to Kuvira for somehow not looking better with her hair down.
I would like to remind everyone that this is not a work of fiction. This is real life, so there is the distinct possibility that we get a bad ending, or even no ending at all. Also, please take care to not think of people as characters in a story and painting them with tropes. They have real lives and we are only peeking in on a narrowly focused portion of it, one a good deal in the past, no less.
Falls in line with my thoughts. Actually, I'm pretty sure that we'll get a "and that's what I found out, so draw your own conclusionsv ending. At that point, I'll start asking the thread for any independent research and findings they might have.

----

Jeez, I've mellowed out. I found something I wrote years ago talking to someone about fandoms. They was all "don't knock it til you try it" and I was like "if I put a pile of dogshit on a plate, do you need to eat it to know it's nasty?"

So happy Kuvira whooped on Korra. Based Zelda. A shame this season will be the end of it all. If I were a multimillionaire, I'd fund another season.

The level of improvement in SHIELD is staggering.

It's the Joss Whedon cycle. First half of season one is meh, second half is good and it gets better from there.

So happy Kuvira whooped on Korra. Based Zelda. A shame this season will be the end of it all. If I were a multimillionaire, I'd fund another season.

It's the Joss Whedon cycle. First half of season one is meh, second half is good and it gets better from there.
Ghad you just had to remind me how horrible season 1 of Buffy was, or Dollhouse which only went super sayian when it was ending

I'm laughing too hard at this family's reaction at the results of "how long does it take for the police to show after you call them" on Family Feud. They tried five and four minutes and got nothing each time.

Slayven

Man action cartoons are pretty much dead except for Avengers and Spiderman. Que the haters. Even Cartoon Network is bruning off Ben 10 eps

strobogo

Banned
Man action cartoons are pretty much dead except for Avengers and Spiderman. Que the haters. Even Cartoon Network is bruning off Ben 10 eps

Both of those shows fucking suck. EMH was so good. AA is dog shit. Ugly animation, changing the official RDJ voice actor even though it is supposed to be more in line with the MCU, changing aspect ratios during action. Shit is garbage.

Slayven

Both of those shows fucking suck. EMH was so good. AA is dog shit. Ugly animation, changing the official RDJ voice actor even though it is supposed to be more in line with the MCU, changing aspect ratios during action. Shit is garbage.
yak yak yak
I would say TMNT show but it's gone to shit for a while now.

When they remember to show it, only show scheduled worse is Gravity Falls.

This is true. Cancel two good shows to make bollocks. Nice move Marvel.
I still love your movies.

strobogo

Banned
The Nikki Minazi thread is weird. Besides the dude who seemingly legit is a defense force for Nazis and their treatment in history, it sure seems like a number of people are saying black people don't know anything about Nazis or WWII.

Black people, do you know anything about Nazis or WWII?

Slayven

The Nikki Minazi thread is weird. Besides the dude who seemingly legit is a defense force for Nazis and their treatment in history, it sure seems like a number of people are saying black people don't know anything about Nazis or WWII.

Black people, do you know anything about Nazis or WWII?
I was nope on all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom