• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah, I guess it's some sort of conflict of interest. I have to drive up the state line any time I want to play the lottery, and the lines are long when the money's long.

I got the legs for them haha.

It's a fun sport man, the culture of it just as much apart of the sport somehow. Drinking, singing rugby songs, partying and odd traditions. Good times.
Holy shit, you got ankles made of steel, man?

Village

a bunch of spider men and women are dead. they get utterly tuned too.

3 miguels are dead that im aware of, mc2 pete and mj are dead, amazing friends and unlimited spider men and crew are dead, but for now noir is alive, and a main character in a book.

Oh shit really?

Order

Yeah, I guess it's some sort of conflict of interest. I have to drive up the state line any time I want to play the lottery, and the lines are long when the money's long.

I got the legs for them haha.

It's a fun sport man, the culture of it just as much apart of the sport somehow. Drinking, singing rugby songs, partying and odd traditions. Good times.

Chun_Li_Lightning_Kick.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm on a mission to marry a chun li cosplayer but I'm afraid I'll get my head squashed like a watermelon between them thighs

What do you mean by influences exactly? Like what caused him to adjust his behavior?

Well, what I mean is, I was a shit kid. Hate liver. Hate broccoli. Hate HATE. I know the last one is a wild one, but, I stopped saying "faggot" around my kids..before I hated that I'd said it so much in the first place. I had plenty of horrible "traits" that I never wanted passed on, so I changed my vocab around the youngins.

Was just wondering what he was around. Shit, WAS it what he was around, or something he picked up in school? Just curious, as a parent who's always curious..especially with these special cases.

strobogo

Banned
This nigga's thigh is the size of my torso. I fucking lift, too.

Shit ain't right.

I'm friends on facebook with a girl I went to school with whose brother is in all these black body building competitions, so she's always posting a bunch of shit whenever he's in a comp, so my FB gets flooded with black dudes with 6% body fat and 15 packs, backs wider than I am tall. Feels bad, man.

I'm friends on facebook with a girl I went to school with whose brother is in all these black body building competitions, so she's always posting a bunch of shit whenever he's in a comp, so my FB gets flooded with black dudes with 6% body fat and 15 packs, backs wider than I am tall. Feels bad, man.

They ain't got no calf muscles, though..right? Shit always bugs me out. Been to a ton of those competitions.

strobogo

Banned
They ain't got no calf muscles, though..right? Shit always bugs me out. Been to a ton of those competitions.

Her brother does. He's built like black Arnold. I've been thinking about defriending her based on how bad her brother makes me feel about my body. She's also HOT AS FUCK. Probably one of the 2 or 3 hottest girls I went to school with and at 26 with kids is probably the hottest one now. Also extremely nice and cool.

Her brother does. He's built like black Arnold. I've been thinking about defriending her based on how bad her brother makes me feel about my body. She's also HOT AS FUCK. Probably one of the 2 or 3 hottest girls I went to school with and at 26 with kids is probably the hottest one now.

Damn, nigga..imma get a Facebook page, just so you can laugh at my fat ass lol. I was a HUGE Lee Haney fan..the damn gawd.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-VS-Lee-Haney.jpg

Writing this rap review is taking a toll on me. A lot of these underground artists aren't posting their lyrics and it makes it really time consuming to quote a verse and I have to do this for about 40 albums.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Oh shit really?

its shaping up to be fun. but i almost expect one of my faves to get iced before this event ends. spider ham is main eventing too. and the edge of spider verse stuff is interesting as they are looks of the lives of different spider people

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So uhh oldschool, this room... is it the one where that demon monster whatever stares at me in that dark mirror?

I am cry.

Village

its shaping up to be fun. but i almost expect one of my faves to get iced before this event ends. spider ham is main eventing too. and the edge of spider verse stuff is interesting as they are looks of the lives of different spider people

I haven't been up... or really invested enough to check out all the spider verse.

So what are they just cleaning up the lore, essentially. Like a crisis deal like " we aren't doing anything with any of this "

Writing this rap review is taking a toll on me. A lot of these underground artists aren't posting their lyrics and it makes it really time consuming to quote a verse and I have to do this for about 40 albums.

Do you have a page, that in sure I've missed dozens of times, that an old man might check out? I despise modern hip hop, but I do, at times, give it an ear.

Preemptive strike:

The-Cynical-Insult-Reaction-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

I know that's a South Park reference, but I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

Ha! It's about how every generation thinks the last songs like shit. In that particular episode, the sound is quite literally fart sounds.

But, yeah! If you review albums, I'd like a link to check it out. I'm so stuck in my ways, I like to hear things a bit out of left field. For me, I mean..

Imm0rt4l

Damn, nigga..imma get a Facebook page, just so you can laugh at my fat ass lol. I was a HUGE Lee Haney fan..the damn gawd.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-VS-Lee-Haney.jpg

my favorite golden age bodybuilder after arnold is serge nubret. He was much more 'aesthetic', leaner, and symmetrical than arnold, wasn't as big. But neither was Frank Zane who was only like 180 something lbs during contest.

strobogo

Banned
Also, this black Arnold, any of the women in his pictures are super hot white women. He's stealing all my women folk.

ibfWj9VoShPWwX.gif

Women way out of my league anyway.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I haven't been up... or really invested enough to check out all the spider verse.

So what are they just cleaning up the lore, essentially. Like a crisis deal like " we aren't doing anything with any of this "

i dont think so, the spider lore is pretty damn huge. its been established thats theres a collective of multiversal spider men, but they dont seem to be touching that, so this seems to be an event to touch on selective spider man.

Here was the last album review I was working on.

https://ritaj.bandcamp.com/album/lost-time

Date of Album Release: January 15, 2014
Artist:

Number of Tracks and Runtime: 12 Tracks, 30 minutes

Chicago artist of the All Natural Inc. collective and of her works with the hip-hop group The Family Tree, Rita J presents us with the Lost Time LP. I've been finding so many artists over the past two years that I can't quite remember how I came unto her, but she has been one of my favorites, probably in the top 15 out of the 150+ new artists I've been listening to. I really loved her first solo album Artist Workshop and this one is almost as good. The strongest point with this album is the production. Most of the tracks are very tranquil, but diverse. The space-like beat of Perseids (ft. Doc Brown) produced by Blackspade is trippy, her sample of Queen's Princes of the Universe in Survival put me onto the rock band, and The Dough brings the soft chill rhythm from the nineties. The Dough also has an intro that I find funny. On terms of lyrics, Lost Time does a suitable job. Rita J delivers substantial rhymes and her flow is always on point, but ADaD and GQ Tha Teacha's contributions are forgettable. To be conclusive, Lost in Time is a worthwhile album that you'll definitely find yourself lost in time while listening. 7/10

Notable Track: The Dough
Notable Lyrics: Gone on that blind faith act like you know
persuade your mind to grow
left brain half piece analytical, Ms. Knowledgeable
So hurry up and wait in line too, no cutting in line boo
When it's divine it's my time, my destiny to shine
You don't know what I've been through
(From The Dough)
&
Everybody want to fuss about
love thirst and lust it out
love hurts poke and pout
there's always words to shout
play the talent scout
even through a drought you stay devout
like a born again christian reroute your metaphysical perspective
twist lane pivotal, now that you're digital you fancy huh?
You got the answers naw
you take them chances all
starting romances laws of nature creates the dances
simply divine and fact you know you fine intact
made from the mind in black, space design, like minds attract
soul signs adapt, in time extracts, I prime collapse
my rhymes hijack, my bonds in packs
my bags are packed
the love sacrifice ramshack my paradise, etc.
(The whole verse was good, but it was taking too long to type, so just check out the track Fallin ft. Issa Starr)

my favorite golden age bodybuilder after arnold is serge nubret. He was much more 'aesthetic', leaner, and symmetrical than arnold, wasn't as big. But neither was Frank Zane who was only like 180 something lbs during contest.

Brother, you ain't wrong..dude was a beaut. Haney and Bruce Smith were my dudes, though..brothers I looked at and said "Yeah..imma wreck you!" In all things sports/street related. I was a bit of a hot head..

BP, what exactly constitutes "underground rap" for your reviews? Are you going by overall obscurity, or just "non-mainstream"?

Non-mainstream basically. The definition of underground is iffy because I thought that Immortal Technique and Tech N9ne were underground, but a friend of mine disagreed since he says most people he knows has heard of both of them.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wazzy had a point in that, now closed, soul slap thread. It's one thing to laugh at some shit like that, but some dudes be getting hard-ons when they see women get hit or whatever. That shit is extra scust.

Definitely the scariest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

"The fucking door won't open. Wtf am I supposed to doooooo?!"
PbHfcJV.png

Yea, it's definitely top 5 scariest moments for me.

Well, what I mean is, I was a shit kid. Hate liver. Hate broccoli. Hate HATE. I know the last one is a wild one, but, I stopped saying "faggot" around my kids..before I hated that I'd said it so much in the first place. I had plenty of horrible "traits" that I never wanted passed on, so I changed my vocab around the youngins.

Was just wondering what he was around. Shit, WAS it what he was around, or something he picked up in school? Just curious, as a parent who's always curious..especially with these special cases.

A lot just seems like his personality is what it is and the most you can do is point out the bad stuff and explain why its bad. You'll sound like a broken record and you'll feel like you're talking to a wall but every now and then they might come around, but it won't ever be completely and it'll always be on their own time.

Behavioral stuff is tough. He never knows when he has crossed a line and has said some wildly inappropriate shit to family and strangers plenty of times. It's like he never exited that toddler phase where they'll say anything and absorb everything around them, so you'll never have great control over that but I'd say like with any other kid keeping yourself from saying shitty things would be worthwhile just to limit the bad influences.

Like most autistic kids he gravitated towards things almost obsessively, mostly videogames and shoehorns in references to them for almost no reason. "that's just like when x happened in series-y" but from what I read it can be almost any form of media especially if there's a collection aspect to it like say pokemon.

RP912

Banned
Wazzy had a point in that, now closed, soul slap thread. It's one thing to laugh at some shit like that, but some dudes be getting hard-ons when they see women get hit or whatever. That shit is extra scust.

Yea I notice that. One thing to joke but dudes were going in on some 1940s before Women's rights shit. It was even more mindblowing folks defending ole girl when she was clearly in the wrong.

Dudes making it out like the guy did this to her.

goro_up_and_down.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm mad I missed out on that thread. I was ready to drag the ones calling her bitches and stuff. I really don't give a fuck what she did. Dude was fucking huge. What the fuck is he doing hitting her? Charge her ass but at his size, he shouldn't be hitting no damn body.

Fuck is wrong with GAF and hate for women? They sooner want to slap us than stop catcalling and shit. Fuck that noise.

Trey

I'm mad I missed out on that thread. I was ready to drag the ones calling her bitches and stuff. I really don't give a fuck what she did. Dude was fucking huge. What the fuck is he doing hitting her? Charge her ass but at his size, he shouldn't be hitting no damn body.

Fuck is wrong with GAF and hate for women? They sooner want to slap us than stop catcalling and shit. Fuck that noise.

I'm surprised that thread lasted as long as it did. Some racial stuff was creeping into the thread too. 100 posts in and things were off to the fuckery races.

Village

i dont think so, the spider lore is pretty damn huge. its been established thats theres a collective of multiversal spider men, but they dont seem to be touching that, so this seems to be an event to touch on selective spider man.

so just the weird adventures of specific spider dudes

also some of them died?

jWILL253

Banned

Nothing surprises me anymore...

Village

What thread we talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom