• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

I'm out of the loop wtf is this nu black thing y'all be talking bout

Pharrell Williams:

The “new black” doesn’t blame other races for our issues. The “new black” dreams and realizes that it’s not a pigmentation; it’s a mentality. And it’s either going to work for you, or it’s going to work against you. And you’ve got to pick the side you’re gonna be on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dJ7rZRFNF-o#t=2296

After this Pharrell interview, there was also Raven:

"I don't want to be labeled 'gay,'" Raven says. "I want to be labeled 'a human who loves humans.'"

In fact, Raven tells Oprah that she rejects the notion of labels completely in all areas of her life. "I'm tired of being labeled," she says. "I'm an American. I'm not an African-American; I'm an American."

The remark seems to catch Oprah off guard. "Oh, girl," Oprah says, shifting in her chair. "Don't set up the Twitter on fire... Oh, my lord. What did you just say?"

"I mean, I don't know where my roots go to," Raven explains. "I don't know how far back they go... I don't know what country in Africa I'm from, but I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I'm an American. And that's a colorless person."

"You're going to get a lot of flak for saying you're not African-American. You know that, right?" Oprah asks.

Raven puts her hands up. "I don't label myself," she reiterates. "I have darker skin. I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with Caucasian, I connect with Asian, I connect with Black, I connect with Indian, I connect with each culture."

"You are a melting pot in one body," Oprah says.

"Aren't we all?" Raven asks. "Isn't that what America's supposed to be?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/05/raven-symone-african-american-gay-labels_n_5929414.html

And Lil Boosie:

“I feel like African American is the worst race in the world because, first of all, we kill each other,” he said. “The White man ain’t waiting in your bushes with a choppa. The White man ain’t trying to take the rims off your car. The White man ain’t…. we doin’ this to each other. So how can we say ‘Eff the White man’? He ain’t doin’ nothin’ but when we get in trouble. He doin’ his job.”

http://karencivil.com/lil-boosie-feels-like-african-american-worst-race/

Ok, so I watched the video and looked over the thread

And both of those things devolved into chaos.

So question, what do you think the appropriate response.

I ask this because i'm interested in your responses in a place that isn't that thread (eug) and because I am also " fucking huge"

They should give him a medal. I don't see why because he is tall man they are allowed to wall all over him like he isn't a person with feelings. Guy was prepared to get beat by everyone in that train, that's how done with her shit he was. Just look at when he starts talking "Why you doing that for?" etc (0:50-1:00) and one of her friends is laughing so hard at his voice that he has to cover his mouth with his jacket. He's basically being bullied in public, hopefully next time she'll they'll think twice before starting shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Alpha and omega comments right here. We all do. But fucking is business. Cats don't wanna deal with the emotional backlash and wanna bust a nUT just drop a coup le bucks and bam. But again I think prostitution should be legalized and regulated.

i knew you'd agree though. i'm waiting on dreams to comment so i know its official

because i'm going out of my way for people's feelings when i have absolutely no obligation to. "you can sleep in my bed if you want, dy :3" is straight up bullshit - in 2 months she'll be blowing up my phone and showing up at my job and whatnot. the amount of people that can actually abide by #nostringsattached through and through is ridiculously small (and i'm not even gonna try and act like i've never been sprung on the same shit either)

i'm just saying though

all this shit would be different if i could just get a receipt

Malyse

Has Kelis gone independent now? I see that her Food album is up on bandcamp which is site basically for independent/underground artists.

IMO all artists should go independent. Toppling the stranglehold the industry has would only be a good thing.

They should give him a medal. I don't see why because he is tall man they are allowed to wall all over him like he isn't a person with feelings. Guy was prepared to get beat by everyone in that train, that's how done with her shit he was. Just look at when he starts talking "Why you doing that for?" etc (0:50-1:00) and one of her friends is laughing so hard at his voice that he has to cover his mouth with his jacket. He's basically being bullied in public, hopefully next time she'll they'll think twice before starting shit.

😒

Is this for real? Are Halo fans that petty?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=929458

What are I looking at here? I watched it twice and all I saw was what I expect from Halo (aka more halo)

Slayven

IMO all artists should go independent. Toppling the stranglehold the industry has would only be a good thing.

😒

What are I looking at here? I watched it twice and all I saw was what I expect from Halo (aka more halo)
Apparently Aiming Down Sights and Sprinting. Deadly sins to Halo fans I guess.

Malyse

Apparently Aiming Down Sights and Sprinting. Deadly sins to Halo fans I guess.

Fucking lol.

Side note: I fully expect Cortana to be at least a double d cup with strategically placed pasties in halo 5. I mean considering her previous "updates"

theevolutionofcortana.jpg

Gorillaz

Cortana model in H4 was honestly kind of off putting at that point. Like I imagined some dudes spent their free weekends molding her shape.

Furyous

She said she's a lover of humanity.... LOFL. Tell that to the police when they racially profile her. Matter of fact what do the police think of all this New Black BS?

I don't like fornicating but love increasing interracial gender communication between people from all ethnic backgrounds

Slayven

Cortana model in H4 was honestly kind of off putting at that point. Like I imagined some dudes spent their free weekends molding her shape.

I can see that, skipping lunch to get the bangs just right.

She said she's a lover of humanity.... LOFL. Tell that to the police when they racially profile her. Matter of fact what do the police think of all this New Black BS?

I don't like fornicating but love increasing interracial gender communication between people from all ethnic backgrounds

New Blu is aggressive as Old Black.

i knew you'd agree though. i'm waiting on dreams to comment so i know its official

because i'm going out of my way for people's feelings when i have absolutely no obligation to. "you can sleep in my bed if you want, dy :3" is straight up bullshit - in 2 months she'll be blowing up my phone and showing up at my job and whatnot. the amount of people that can actually abide by #nostringsattached through and through is ridiculously small (and i'm not even gonna try and act like i've never been sprung on the same shit either)

i'm just saying though

all this shit would be different if i could just get a receipt

Real talk. I'm currently involved in a few relationships and they all know about each other. 2 of them have caught feelings, and have uttered the 3 words. I have told them it's not gonna happen, if anything we can keep fucking or you gotta go. When they are given the ultimatum they choose not to walk away. I even went so far as to motivate my "main" to go out and find a relationship. She is happy with me even though I'm adamant that there is no future. I think a pay to play model would benefit a lot of folks. NSA is the way to go ONLY if you can find someone or group that understands that. At the same time I've experienced the downside to this as well. I was gonna make it a verse but fuck it I'm not at a computer so I'll break it down. I hang with a new group of friends. In this group, a newly divorcee and I hit it off. But this cute other friend in the group has been attracted to your boy as well. So me and the cute one had some NSA fun. The divorcee got wind and went apeshit even though I told her point blank I'm banging the other chick. She got on facebook and vaguebooked the fuck out of me. So I did what any man would do and put her childish ass in her place and let her know that she is idiotic. And I cut her the fuck off. And that same day tagged the the cute one again. Cause she knew the drill, no fucking strings. We are busting nuts and human contact, fuck feelings. And by the way the divorcee crawled back a month later. She wanted to be back in the roster. My main and my second laughed at her ass. But that's another story for another day.

Slayven

Real talk. I'm currently involved in a few relationships and they all know about each other. 2 of them have caught feelings, and have uttered the 3 words. I have told them it's not gonna happen, if anything we can keep fucking or you gotta go. When they are given the ultimatum they choose not to walk away. I even went so far as to motivate my "main" to go out and find a relationship. She is happy with me even though I'm adamant that there is no future. I think a pay to play model would benefit a lot of folks. NSA is the way to go ONLY if you can find someone or group that understands that. At the same time I've experienced the downside to this as well. I was gonna make it a verse but fuck it I'm not at a computer so I'll break it down. I hang with a new group of friends. In this group, a newly divorcee and I hit it off. But this cute other friend in the group has been attracted to your boy as well. So me and the cute one had some NSA fun. The divorcee got wind and went apeshit even though I told her point blank I'm banging the other chick. She got on facebook and vaguebooked the fuck out of me. So I did what any man would do and put her childish ass in her place and let her know that she is idiotic. And I cut her the fuck off. And that same day tagged the the cute one again. Cause she knew the drill, no fucking strings. We are busting nuts and human contact, fuck feelings. And by the way the divorcee crawled back a month later. She wanted to be back in the roster. My main and my second laughed at her ass. But that's another story for another day.
People underestimate the power and ease of just cutting folks out of your lives. But than again some folks aren't happy unless they are in some mess and dragging some folks down.

Silky

Banned
Is this for real? Are Halo fans that petty?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=929458

Fucking lol.

I don't play Halo for ADS and Sprint. I can play literally any other shooter for that.

343 went with the approach of Halo w/ the mentality that they were going to fix what fans disliked of H4. They had a supposedly good start with removing armor abilities, but this (Assuming if this isn't just a fancy BR) kind of goes against what fans want from the series.

thankfully they had the common sense to add a beta a year before the game's out.

What irks me more is people saying shit like 'oh it's ADS/Sprint who cares.' That's like giving someone in Silent Hill a fucking Rocket Launcher or a Samurai Edge.

Slayven

I don't play Halo for ADS and Sprint. I can play literally any other shooter for that.

343 went with the approach of Halo w/ the mentality that they were going to fix what fans disliked of H4. They had a supposedly good start with removing armor abilities, but this (Assuming if this isn't just a fancy BR) kind of goes against what fans want from the series.

thankfully they had the common sense to add a beta a year before the game's out.

What irks me more is people saying shit like 'oh it's ADS/Sprint who cares.' That's like giving someone in Silent Hill a fucking Rocket Launcher or a Samurai Edge.

I ams till mad folks said Spartan armor is pretty much Ironman quality.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That Halo clip. lol. I hope that's just an updated Battle Rifle. If they're trying to push Halo even further into the COD play-style, then that's an even better reason why MCC is probably going to be the best thing about Halo, from now until forever ends. smh.

They should have known that sprint wasn't going anywhere. It's still sad though.

Malyse

You are underestimating wide market appeal. They gonna aim for what looks to make the most money.

Silky

Banned
You are underestimating wide market appeal. They gonna aim for what looks to make the most money.

Yeah, sure, go for the audience who buys the franchise that's actually showing fatigue.

They did that for Halo 4. We all know what happened then. It died within a year.. The same Halo 4 with ridiculous skin microtransactions and shitty overpriced map packs.

MS's chasing the market strategy has failed them before, inside and out of gaming.

harSon

Banned
I hate it when Multiplayer games become iconic and enter the competitive gaming sphere. I'm not saying Halo 4 wasn't disappointing, but having to drag fans of a franchise into the next generation has to be annoying as a fuck as a developer.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I can get why people who like Halo would be mad that the devs changed the way it played to be more like other shooters. I mean, it's not like the series was a financial failure before; why chase that Call of Duty money, which by the way is not what it used to be?

What if the game is fun tho

what if it's not?

It's not as though ADS is an inherently fun mechanic

DY_nasty

that halo 5 ADS is worthy of all the rage it gets

if 343 really did beat further down that path, then shit is fucked
People act like high school games stay in high school

that shit is a part of life until you die lol. i knew it was real when i saw my grandma giving her (now) husband the "nigga, what the fuck do you even want? go somewhere with that"

Silky

Banned
I hate it when Multiplayer games become iconic and enter the competitive gaming sphere. I'm not saying Halo 4 wasn't disappointing, but having to drag fans of a franchise into the next generation has to be annoying as a fuck as a developer.

It's necessary to these developers to at least fumble. Mortal Kombat had a series of fumbling (Shaolin Monks excluded) in the PS2 era. Even last gen with MKvDC, they were still getting their footing on how to evolve their game to make it competitively viable while having it appeal to this new, young audience. Then MK9 came.

What if the game is fun tho

Then i'll treat it like I treated H4; play classic playlists sparingly with friends.

Like htown said. There's been too many games that went after that CoD money only to be fucked over. Crysis. Bioshock. Wolfenstein. Killzone. Resistance. Even Gears and Halo.

Going after a broader fanbase while alienating the traditionals fucks your product over. Fortunately it looks like devs are learning from their mistakes. The only shooter I can think of that benefited learning from CoD would be Bad Company 2.

DY_nasty

MK was just shit. There was no fumble. After 4 (and I'm being REAL generous), they may as well have turned into Koei for the next decade. You'd have to convince people that the were even trying.

They're not dragging anyone to the next generation. Its not even that kind of issue. Imagine if you threw FADC into Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur.

That's the correct level of fuckery on display.

Malyse

BTW. I added like everyone who posts regularly in BCT on all the gaming networks so approve my friend request if you would be so kind.

harSon

Banned
They're not dragging anyone to the next generation. Its not even that kind of issue. Imagine if you threw FADC into Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur.

That's the correct level of fuckery on display.

It's literally that kind of issue. I'm not saying that 343 blurring the boundaries between Halo and Call of Duty was the right move, but I don't think doubling down on tradition and staying the course is the solution either. I'll just say that I'll be equally disappointed if 343 decides to look back for solutions on how to solve Halo 4's issues as I would if they continued to draw inspiration from a franchise that already has enough clones. Halo is only going to continue as viable brand if they innovate. Looking back and sideways for inspiration is just going to continue the franchises downward trend.

that halo 5 ADS is worthy of all the rage it gets

if 343 really did beat further down that path, then shit is fucked

People act like high school games stay in high school

that shit is a part of life until you die lol. i knew it was real when i saw my grandma giving her (now) husband the "nigga, what the fuck do you even want? go somewhere with that"

Yeah. I do not tolerate the high school level fuckery. I cut them off quicker then shit. No reason when we are grown ass adults and act like hormone fueled teenagers. That shit is for the damn birds. The cool thing about being straight up brutally honest is when you want something they either accept or walk. And it doesn't bother me one bit. If I wanna bring in a third for private time, they all comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom