• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
:/

Unleashed-Generations are the games you guys should play if you want quality Sanic. (Rush and Generations for Handheld.)

jWILL253

Banned
I hate the whole "as long as they keep buying it, they can do whatever they want" response in regards to the Ubisoft thing, or any other bullshit in gaming.

It's kinda hard to persuade consumers not to buy when the people responsible for critiquing the damn game can't even do so until AFTER the game has been released and pre-orders have been redeemed...

EDIT: Sonic is like that friend you had a crush on in high school, but then turned into a crackhead somewhere in her adult life, and now whenever she sees you, she's asking to stay over at your crib for a couple nights, and asking if you have a few dollars to spare, and you give it to her out of pity, even though you know ain't no good gonna come of it.

RP912

Banned
I hate the whole "as long as they keep buying it, they can do whatever they want" response in regards to the Ubisoft thing, or any other bullshit in gaming.

It's kinda hard to persuade consumers not to buy when the people responsible for critiquing the damn game can't even do so until AFTER the game has been released and pre-orders have been redeemed...

EDIT: Sonic is like that friend you had a crush on in high school, but then turned into a crackhead somewhere in her adult life, and now whenever she sees you, she's asking to stay over at your crib for a couple nights, and asking if you have a few dollars to spare, and you give it to her out of pity, even though you know ain't no good gonna come of it.

I guess Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed was ole girl getting off of the shit and try to go back to school.....only to be back on the bullshit and strung out (Sonic Boom)

Who are y'all siding with in the Azalea Banks Eminem beef?
Oddly enough Azealia Banks, Em's whole throw shots at the pop top 40 shtick is extremely tired considering thats his lane now, especially an unwarranted verse alluding to domestic abuse. Shit aint funny. Also helps that Broke With Expensive taste is dope as fuck.

royalan

Oddly enough Azealia Banks, Em's whole throw shots at the pop top 40 shtick is extremely tired considering thats his lane now, especially an unwarranted verse alluding to domestic abuse. Shit aint funny. Also helps that Broke With Expensive taste is dope as fuck.

Em was always Top 40 minded and his shots at Pop Females was always tired as fuck. And I LOVE that the reason Em went so hard on Christina Aguilera back in the day was because she was the only person #Bad enough to call Em out for his misogynistic lyrics when he had a young daughter. YAAASSS, Queen lit that ass up and struck a nerve.

I'm sorry, but ain't nobody gonna ever convince me that Em wasn''t always shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Pretty much. As much as I wish that she would just ignore shit and focus on her career, I can't even be mad at this.

Silky

Banned
sonic rush adventure

What.

Unleashed (if you really don't want to play it, just check out Unleashed Project mod for Generations. ), Colors, Secret Rings, Generations, Rush, Generations 3DS, Transformed are great games.

Black Knight, Lost World? YMMV.

The whole 'sonic sucks' thing is played out.

Kreed

You people know alligator is in my name not horse right.

GhZyQFT.jpg

Village

generations
colors
sonic rush adventure
?

For me at least,

Since... dreamcast, not going to go before that
Think
sa2
the advanced games
battle
Rush
Rush adventure
The daytime sections of unleashed
Colors ( I do not like but aknowledge its aiight )
Generations ( a game that does not get enough criticism )

Are breddy gud.

Though to be fair, after lost world into boom, I would be pretty sour about sonic too.

Village

Bandai Namco can't do shit right with Tekken. Shit has been mediocre since after 5 came out.

Graphics are last-gen tier, and all they did was add supers and triggerable invincibility frames.

You realize the game isn't done , and is only at 60% visual quality right?

Also like system changes and junk.

Also you realize the top part of your statement is strait up wrong because TTT2 exists and is the best tekken in existence, right?

jWILL253

Banned
You realize the game isn't done , and is only at 60% visual quality right?

Also like system changes and junk.

Also you realize the top part of your statement is strait up wrong because TTT2 exists and is the best tekken in existence, right?

Here's a relevant fact about the game's development, even though stuff like graphics tend not to change too drastically mid-development.

Now here's my opinion.

Here's another opinion phrased as a seemingly logical, yet completely rhetorical question that disagrees with your opinion, with a dash of hyperbole.

Silky

Banned
Brawl at least controls better than a sonic game.

I'd put up with shitty brawling portions in Unleashed than put up with how fundamentally broken Brawl is as both a fighting and party game. Project M really is its saving grace.

--

Not commenting on T7's visual quality when the game isn't finished yet. Arcade version is mostly for rebalancing and fitting in new characters to the mold.

Mortemis

Banned
So it's cold as fuck right now. Just got out of work, looking forward to get home which should be warm.

Power is out. Fuck everything.

Is calling Brawl bad just the cool thing to say, because I tell you right now that was a motherfucker's favorite game for a while. I spent some time trying to unlock everything in that shit.

I can show y'all some games that are truly bad, like the programmers didn't give a fuck at all.

jWILL253

Banned
So it's cold as fuck right now. Just got out of work, looking forward to get home which should be warm.

Power is out. Fuck everything.

1bip.jpg

Is calling Brawl bad just the cool thing to say, because I tell you right now that was a motherfucker's favorite game for a while. I spent some time trying to unlock everything in that shit.

I can show y'all some games that are truly bad, like the programmers didn't give a fuck at all.

It's bad when compared to Melee. Everything from overall game speed, to movesets of certain characters, to hit trajectories, is better in Melee/Project M.

ReiGun

Good Sonic Games...hmm...

Adventure 2 was like, 1/3 a good game. But then they made you play as characters not named Sonic and Shadow.

Secret Rings was YMMV. It was weird in that you basically "unlocked" good controls: the more upgrades you got, the better the game controlled and the more fun it was.

Colors was good. So was the original Rush.

Sonic 4 was ehhhhh.

Brawl I don't want to count on account of Sonic himself being total shit in that game. He's significantly better in Smash 4, so I'll allow it.

I played Brawl for a year or so straight almost everyday in college, and even I'm not so hot on it. There's fun to had, but the game does have some real problems. Probably the weakest entry in the Smash series. That still puts it over hundreds of other games on the shelves, but...yeah.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck all SSB games. I think the idea is dope as fuck. But the game play is boring as shit to me. I wanted a much better version of Subspace Emissary. I want that weird mash up of actual games instead of fighting.

Village

Here's a relevant fact about the game's development, even though stuff like graphics tend not to change too drastically mid-development.

Now here's my opinion.

Here's another opinion phrased as a seemingly logical, yet completely rhetorical question that disagrees with your opinion, with a dash of hyperbole.
I have no idea about the bolded

That isn't isn't my opinion, actually like to the bound system, I think doesn't actually exist anymore. A lot of discoveries were made during play test... so yeah. I don't know what you were trying to say

Also I don't think... calling TTT2 the best tekken is hyperbolic at all, this is a commonly shared opinion. Its like if someone HH and SS are the best pokemon games, someone might disagree, they aren't going to say you are wrong for having that opinion, those are highly respected games.

Good Sonic Games...hmm...

Adventure 2 was like, 1/3 a good game. But then they made you play as characters not named Sonic and Shadow..

I dunno maybe you should go back to it, I went a lot of my life just listening to people saying that that game was only 1/3rd good. But replaying a few years back, no its like 1/3 great, 1/3 pretty good, and 1/3 aiight. The tails and eggman sections were actually pretty neat score arcade type games, I wish it was more fleshed out. Epically the space parts with low gravity. Knuckles and rouges parts were obviously the weakest, but they aren't terrible actually a lot of the levels guide you through how to move through out them with a certain that allows for easy navigation. The issue is, some times the levels get insanely large and sometimes the levels don't have that flow, coupled the neutered tracking system yeah these parts aren't as strong as the other two, but they aren't horrible. They have been something, they could be something. Also those levels have the best music, so theycan get a little slack

Not saying you are going to have a revelation and praise sonic adventure two like pope Francis, but sa2 was one of the few games that got better when I played it later. I had just listened to people, and going back and played it I found I enjoyed it a lot more than I had remembered. And maybe that's why Shadow and the edge may have stuck with me for so long, because that game left a lasting impression.

I cannot give the same props to adventure 1 though

That game got worse

much MUCH worse.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Brawl was terrible. It's not like Sonics no stranger to being bad in fighting games anyway.

sonic was better in sonic battle. i was hoping we would get that version in smash.

Fuck all SSB games. I think the idea is dope as fuck. But the game play is boring as shit to me. I wanted a much better version of Subspace Emissary. I want that weird mash up of actual games instead of fighting.

its called the great cave offensive. check out kirbys superstar

RedSwirl

There have been okay and pretty good Sonic games since 3 & Knuckles, but nothing that fully captures what made those games great. Sonic can't definitely break the polygon ceiling.

jWILL253

Banned
Look, snark aside, I'll explain my recent disdain for the Tekken series as it stands.

For me, the Tekken series up to 5 has been about two things: Precision and Timing. One could say those things matter in all fighting games, but for Tekken, it has always stood out for me. Everything from knowing when to quick roll when recovering, to knowing which one of your opponents moves is easiest to sidestep without any repercussions, knowing when to execute a throw, timing a parry, knowing which combo chain requires the less amount of advanced directional input vs. which combo chain is quickest to execute vs. which combo chain does the most damage. It's all about being precise and timing it well. Also, if you found yourself on the losing end of a round, it wasn't impossible to recover and win, but you knew it was an uphill battle because the game never coddled you. And you never had to worry about losing against pure one-dimensional cheese characters like Eddy/Christine, Steve, and Hwoarang because those characters could be beat easily.

But all that changed with Tekken 6, and with it, the introduction of the bound & rage systems. With the bound systems, you can find yourself with half your vitality bar gone within seconds, simply because your bounced off the ground from one move, and got stuck in a bound combo; this effect is made worse when going against the aforementioned cheese characters. With the rage system, that's just pure bullshit. It's like rubberband AI to me.

With TTT2, the inheritance of the bound and rage systems ruined all the other good things that game had to offer.

Imma call bullshit on tekken being mediocre since 5(are you including DR?) and I fell slightly out of love with TTT2 in the past two months.

If you're whining about graphics in a fighter that's gonna be 60fps locked in a day in time where no one is doing it without not going full 1080 then you're slightly off base. Just sayin.

Edit: There's nothing inherently wrong with bound and rage. Nothing about tekken has changed dramatically at all. It just builds on itself.

Village

No colors love?!

Also Adventure 1 did.not.age well.at.all
Those fishing levels

2 at least had a great OST.

I could go on for a while about SA1, but I'm done for right now. Gotta save my sonic rants for... I guess a review. I this game... is so... i must write about it. For science.

And to the bolded, Dive into the mellow is one of the best chill video game songs of all time.

jWILL253

Banned
Imma call bullshit on tekken being mediocre since 5(are you including DR?) and I fell slightly out of love with TTT2 in the past two months.

If you're whining about graphics in a fighter that's gonna be 60fps locked in a day in time where no one is doing it without not going full 1080 then you're slightly off base. Just sayin.

The problem is that every single dev and/or fan uses the whole "the game isn't finished yet, graphics aren't final" thing as an excuse for why the graphics are sub par, but it rarely ever changes once the game goes gold. Actually, when it does happen, it goes in reverse.

Watch_Dogs was revealed as a game-changer in graphics and design. It progressively got worse the more we seen it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom