• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

hmm..i think you might be needing the dirt devil for your own vajayjay brah. xavier/magneto/wolverine character development is GOAT. mystique/magneto pairing in 2016 is going to get that nicholas sparks money.

The fact every other post has you riding Singer's jock like someone that just got their driver's license tells me dost protest too much.

G-Fex

I still haven't seen days of future past. I want to see how badly Singer screws it up.

Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy so I can see what the fandom is creaming themselves over. But I already hate GotG so I'm probably not going to like it. Also that fucking song.

The fact every other post has you riding Singer's jock like someone that just got their driver's license

mjlol.png

you got me with that one

Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy so I can see what the fandom is creaming themselves over. But I already hate GotG so I'm probably not going to like it. Also that fucking song.

it's fun. second to cap 2 for best mcu movie. don't let the chris pratt avatars scare you away

I still haven't seen days of future past. I want to see how badly Singer screws it up.

You hate gotg but you haven't seen it

Makes sense

G-Fex

reminder fandoms ruin things :p

hence it took me a while to get to dark souls. Meh I'll watch it anyway, x-men is on dvd right?

Cap 2 was god tier though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
reminder fandoms ruin things :p

hence it took me a while to get to dark souls. Meh I'll watch it anyway, x-men is on dvd right?
How does another group/person's fucks given influence your purchase like that? They aren't even reviewers. They just like something a lot.

Buying something doesn't make you ONE OF THEM come on

GOTG had a fandom before the movie?
;p

People could learn from him, folks spend too much time consuming shit that offends them.

People spend too much time caring one way or the other about what other people love or hate. Go into stuff with an open mind and you'll end up enjoying more than you hate.

How does another group/person's fucks given influence your purchase like that? They aren't even reviewers. They just like something a lot.

Buying something doesn't make you ONE OF THEM come on

it's pretty common though. call of duty and sports games in general get a lot of hate because they're popular.

edit: actually this is common for everything. mankind is petty.

Kreed

I like how Obama is finally nutting up and is starting to be the source of the bombs that get dropped on the Conservative party. "Boom. Immigration amnesty. Fucking Boom. You love Reagan so much, how you like me now?"

Maybe Rush will finally have that on-air aneurism.

The moronic thing is he was planning to do all of this months ago, but the Democrats who lost during the midterms asked him to wait to do these things until after the elections, that way they could campaign in their states as being against his decision to wait.

it's pretty common though. call of duty and sports games in general get a lot of hate because they're popular

CoD and Madden didn't get backlash hate from popularity initially. It started as fans who hated the direction the respective series took. CoD moved away from the relatively balanced designs of MW and Madden started going with barely perceptible improvements from iteration to iteration.

CoD and Madden didn't get backlash hate from popularity initially. It started as fans who hated the direction the respective series took. CoD moved away from the relatively balanced designs of MW and Madden started going with barely perceptible improvements from iteration to iteration.

i'm talking strictly from those who haven't played them. initial fan backlash is fine.

ReiGun

The "it's the same game over and over" argument kills me because people only use it for game series they don't like.

You waiting with baited breath for, say, Assassin's Creed every year but can't let someone else enjoy Madden or whatever? Fuck off.

i'm talking strictly from those who haven't played them. initial fan backlash is fine.

Those types are the ones I consider band wagon naysayers.

The "it's the same game over and over" argument kills me because people only use it for game series they don't like.

You waiting with baited breath for, say, Assassin's Creed every year but can't let someone else enjoy Madden or whatever? Fuck off.

To be fair.. there's a bit of difference between a roster swap sports game and game with the same gameplay elements that's heavily story focused.

That said, I don't particularly like sports games or AC/Watchdogs. I would, however, have preferred that stuff like the FF series kept the ATB style battle systems rather than some of the other things they tried.

Gorillaz

I still "enjoy" the CoD series but I don't like how much they have twisted the game to the point where they fuck around with revenge spawns, lowering TTK and just all around making it a "well your too dumb to do ok with this so let's help you out there sport"

Like I enjoy Advanced Warfare mechanics, because I feel this is where IW was heading (and did with TF) but what holds it back is the handholdingness of it all. Like really.

This was me in a nutshell.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
For the SRPG playing brehs and brehettes, is Valkyria Chronicles legit?

My pc should be able to run it fine. Would be nice to have a demo, but eh.

ReiGun

Those types are the ones I consider band wagon naysayers.

To be fair.. there's a bit of difference between a roster swap sports game and game with the same gameplay elements that's heavily story focused.

That said, I don't particularly like sports games or AC/Watchdogs. I would, however, have preferred that stuff like the FF series kept the ATB style battle systems rather than some of the other things they tried.

Those were just the first two examples that popped into my head. You could swap them out for almost any long running series. Madden, CoD, Ass Creed, Pokemon, Street Fighter, whatever. The point is that these longer running series all have that hypocritical segment of their fanbase that lineup to buy every new installment while looking down their noses at others for buying "the same game over and over."

Personally, I just can't care that much how other people choose to spend their money. I'm also not going to dismiss series I don't play as just being the same thing as I'm obviously not going to be acquainted with it enough to understand the differences from game to game.

watch dogs was pretty repetitive but i think you could tell that this game will have a really damn good sequel. the seeds are there for a fun open world action game.

I still "enjoy" the CoD series but I don't like how much they have twisted the game to the point where they fuck around with revenge spawns, lowering TTK and just all around making it a "well your too dumb to do ok with this so let's help you out there sport"

Like I enjoy Advanced Warfare mechanics, because I feel this is where IW was heading (and did with TF) but what holds it back is the handholdingness of it all. Like really.

I had to give it up. I tried to get into some of them latter ones and have a small clan of dudes that buy and play every game but I just ended up being disappointed repeatedly. So I moved on.

Those were just the first two examples that popped into my head. You could swap them out for almost any long running series. Madden, CoD, Ass Creed, Pokemon, Street Fighter, whatever. The point is that these longer running series all have that hypocritical segment of their fanbase that lineup to buy every new installment while looking down their noses at others for buying "the same game over and over."

Personally, I just can't care that much how other people choose to spend their money. I'm also not going to dismiss series I don't play as just being the same thing as I'm obviously not going to be acquainted with it enough to understand the differences from game to game.

Fair enough. I try not to speak on series that I'm not familiar with. Even with series that I've tried but don't enjoy. Taking the "to each their own" approach is better for everyone I think.

Mortemis

Banned
Fam how y'all feeling about Dragon Age inquisition?

At first I laughed it off and forgot about it, but in the last few weeks I've been catching up with all the news about it and the angry Joe impressions video + reading through some reviews is getting me excited for it.

J10

Banned
I don't know what Neptunia is, but I'm assuming it gets you on an FBI watch list the way y'all are reacting to it.

RIP Ady?

:'[

Here's what I wrote on Twitter: I'll just say that AC Rogue broke my heart from beginning to end. Like a horror movie where you like all the victims.

Fam how y'all feeling about Dragon Age inquisition?

At first I laughed it off and forgot about it, but in the last few weeks I've been catching up with all the news about it and the angry Joe impressions video + reading through some reviews is getting me excited for it.

I've been feeling DAI since E3, but had too many games on my plate already.

Trey

I'm thinking of asking for a short ban to pull myself together tbh. My friends have even voiced their concerns and of course my sister and mom.

They've said I have been very withdrawn and quiet. Sounds like a coping mechanism.

you're gonna be okay, shorty.

You got the stuff.

Mortemis

Banned
it's supposed to be super kawaii from what I've seen, not like shady shit. Right?

Comonnn

Idk man. Don't know much about it, but the first few pics you see on a search makes you think it's the type of game that cnet dude that besada nuked would be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom