• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turnaround from "man this combat is wack b" to "yeah I'm on my second playthrough of this 50+ hour game, GOTY brehs" has been amazing to watch

Oh still think the combat is the weakest part of the game, but the rest is so damn good that it's easy to set aside thinking how much the combat could be better and what it's lacking in and just realize it's not going to get patched to be better and accept it for what it is.

zero_suit

I just caught up with season 4 of Korra. I have just one question. What the hell happened with season 2? That's one of the largest quality dips of any show I've seen.

zero_suit

T30EdYt.jpg

Slayven is finished. Kaput. He's done. Game over.

This cannot be happening. :O

RP912

Banned
I dunno about that.

I think people knew that was hype.

Talib Kweli and Common were played on the radio.

Kanye was making his first 3 albums and he wasn't crazy yet

Lupe Wasn't crazy yet

Pharrell wasn't new black crazy

Gnarls Barkly

Outkast was still around for a bit

MF DOOM entered a lot of peoples playlists

It was a hype time.

True...even the beats were hype. It's like hip hop busted the biggest load during that decade and was like "naw don't touch me" to 2010 and up...

Wow. This is going on my list of terribad. So in the end, their parents were trying to hook them up with each other and everyone in school was secretly an otaku. Oh and not one single person cared about the incest and they get married in the end.

Japan!

That was hilariously bad.

Oreimo?

Knight-Enchanter + Ice tree = un-fucking-killable dragon soloing mage.

DA:I is GOTY bruhs.

Knight Enchanter seems to be the new Arcane Warrior.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man I still need to finish Dragon's Dogma before I get on dragon age. Still have a level 90 in Bitter Black Isle, trying to figure out a broke combo so I can get good gear and finally take down Death.
I wonder if you get to keep your shirt, or do you have to leave it there.

And Jackben, have you seen Zack Galifinakis lately? He dropped that weight and he's looking pretty good. He just needs a haircut.
Yeah I like Zack, and it's good he has made a Seth Rogan type transformation. I especially enjoy when he does those interviews. Great comedian and actor. Come to think of it a lot of comedians have done that. Like the guy who did super bad and wolf of walstreet.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man I still need to finish Dragon's Dogma before I get on dragon age. Still have a level 90 in Bitter Black Isle, trying to figure out a broke combo so I can get good gear and finally take down Death.

I need to finish it too. Last I time I played, I was lvl 51 in Bitter Black Isle, getting served by a random ass dragon.

Betrayer is made by the F.E.A.R. dudes, yes? Lowkey wish I had the slowmo and ish, but this sound/wind mechanic is awesome. I'm still super early in the game, but I imagine that the creep factor increases by a lot, as you progress?

I dunno about that.

I think people knew that was hype.

Talib Kweli and Common were played on the radio.

Kanye was making his first 3 albums and he wasn't crazy yet

Lupe Wasn't crazy yet

Pharrell wasn't new black crazy

Gnarls Barkly

Outkast was still around for a bit

MF DOOM entered a lot of peoples playlists

It was a hype time.
2003-2004 was fucking amazing, everything died after 2006 commercially for hiphop/real lyricism, feuds, production etc

Man I still need to finish Dragon's Dogma before I get on dragon age. Still have a level 90 in Bitter Black Isle, trying to figure out a broke combo so I can get good gear and finally take down Death.Yeah I like Zack, and it's good he has made a Seth Rogan type transformation. I especially enjoy when he does those interviews. Great comedian and actor. Come to think of it a lot of comedians have done that. Like the guy who did super bad and wolf of walstreet.

Magic Archer + Demon's periapts + six/ninefold bolt or hunter bolt
One of the physical bowmen with blast arrows + conquerors periapts and tenfold flurry

Win.

Also, maelstrom wrecks BBI. Find a corner, unleash maelstrom, watch the exp roll in.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks for the tips, my arisen is an assassin and has mainly been physical vocations so has a good strength stat. I'll try the advanced strider one and get some blast arrows. I think my pawn can do maelstrom, they are a sorcerer. Still trying to find the super skills / spells that upgrade your shit like 9 to 10 fold bolt or whatever. Can you buy blast arrows and the periphts you mentioned?
My mom started making thanksgiving dinner 3 days ago.

This is the time of the year you just stay the fuck out of the way
I wish I could. Already been on cut and peel patrol this morning with a hangover. Got one dinner tomorrow and another Thursday. Looking forward to godlyk leftovers for the next week straight.

Village

True...even the beats were hype. It's like hip hop busted the biggest load during that decade and was like "naw don't touch me" to 2010 and up...

I woudn't not say that, but I feel about from... 2000-2008 ish was spent perfecting 90's hip hop. They did it and then they moved to the electronic and orchestral realm. Became a more experimentalist in their beat making. What could be considered a beat was being questioned you saw glipses of this around 06 but these were more fringe cases but these thing influenced cats like Tyler and the wolf gang when making their beats a prime example being the track burgers.

2003-2004 was fucking amazing, everything died after 2006 commercially for hiphop/real lyricism, feuds, production etc

I woudn't say things died, but how beats were produced changed from the a very sample heavy old song sounding kind of thing to more electronic and a lot of electronic stuff in term got way more hip hoppy. With the come up of dudes like flying lotus and stuff.

Things moves in decades though , so about the 2020 range all that shit some comeback. Get ready for the decrepit common comeback album.

Thanks for the tips, my arisen is an assassin and has mainly been physical vocations so has a good strength stat. I'll try the advanced strider one and get some blast arrows. I think my pawn can do maelstrom, they are a sorcerer. Still trying to find the super skills / spells that upgrade your shit like 9 to 10 fold bolt or whatever. Can you buy blast arrows and the periphts you mentioned? I wish I could. Already been on cut and peel patrol this morning with a hangover. Got one dinner tomorrow and another Thursday. Looking forward to godlyk leftovers for the next week straight.

Fournival sells them. For easy money, farm the (offline) Ur Dragon and sell wakestones with the appropriate money boosting items/augments.

Why I was walking through the store looking like Sub-Zero with my mom while she bought me some stuff. Free antibiotics at publix. Just putting it out there.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Also I saw Interstellar this weekend. Good film, really enjoyed it all the way through despite some moments were I wasn't able to suspend belief not based on technology or science but based on not understanding dumb actions of the characters. Like Inception I think enjoyment would have a high chance of decreasing with future viewings so it's best to just watch it the first time and then not think too deeply about various plot points if you want the experience to be preserved.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Also goddamn I love playing Orianna in League of Legends

No other champ/hero or whatever in these games makes me feel so damn smart

Malyse

Oreimo?

Knight Enchanter seems to be the new Arcane Warrior.
Oreimo was never this bad. I've of the strong opinion that this series was canceled and the artist was told they had two weeks to wrap it all up.
Also I saw Interstellar this weekend. Good film, really enjoyed it all the way through despite some moments were I wasn't able to suspend belief not based on technology or science but based on not understanding dumb actions of the characters. Like Inception I think enjoyment would have a high chance of decreasing with future viewings so it's best to just watch it the first time and then not think too deeply about various plot points if you want the experience to be preserved.
I think Nolan films are best watched twice. Once to learn all the rules and a send time to enjoy once you know the rules.
As..much of a movie as Interstellar was.

It's still better than the symphony of crap that is The Hunger Games
BOOOOOO.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Do you really need to learn the rules of Interstellar?

It kind of walks you backwards through everything that happened before it

strobogo

Banned
Oreimo was never this bad. I've of the strong opinion that this series was canceled and the artist was told they had two weeks to wrap it all up.

I think Nolan films are best watched twice. Once to learn all the rules and a send time to enjoy once you know the rules.
BOOOOOO.

No way. Nolan movies get worse on every rewatch. You should never watch a Nolan movie twice. Watch it once, maybe in a theater, and then never touch it again if you liked it because you're mind will be opened up to how stupid it is if you rewatch it.

Malyse

No way. Nolan movies get worse on every rewatch. You should never watch a Nolan movie twice. Watch it once, maybe in a theater, and then never touch it again if you liked it because you're mind will be opened up to how stupid it is if you rewatch it.
I liked Inception and The Prestige on second viewings. And I think TDK holds through numerous watchings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom