• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just got back from Best Buy, folks already got tents up. Damn
Really? Man these people must not have jobs. In fact that might be a good sideline in hiring ain't shit family or friends to stand in line for you so you don't have to deal with the fuckery in person.

Slayven

Did you see Gorillasz out there pimping ads for discounted headphones?

No but there was a dude in there explaining to a best buy employee the difference between playing "smashbro"(he said it just like that) from a disc vs from the hard drive. And that 8 player mode changes everything.

Really? Man these people must not have jobs. In fact that might be a good sideline in hiring ain't shit family or friends to stand in line for you so you don't have to deal with the fuckery in person.

THe manager was outside with Rent-A-Fence company. I never knew a company could be that specialized.

jWILL253

Banned
I just created a YouTube channel for gaming stuff called "HardMode".
tumblr_ljm2fhmMGv1qfv9ca.png

Now, lemme get my model friend on deck so I can set up a Twitch for her to bring them dollars in, lol...

I think Revanche got me this one? He mentioned something about calling me Bravestarr and Jandro something too haha

Why do y'all hate me so?

You got damn right I did. And being called Bravestarr is the greatest compliment ever. It's all love. Now which one of you motorscooters wanna be Defenders of Dynatron City, Spiral Zone and goddamn Stunt Dogs....

So who is gonna do the BCT to Cartoon equivalent. I mean we did 90's actors and early 2k comics. Now we need cartoons and silver age comics comparisons....

And e-pimping needs to be trademarked post haste. I mean can't you imagine the sleezy e harmony mixed with those late night chat line advertisements commercials that we can spawn.

Kreed

Seven G's for a Twitch stream?

WAT

http://www.twitch.tv/kittyplaysgames/profile

Look at the "Follower goals":

145K AWP Assimov
150K M4A4 Howl
155K KNIFE
160K M4A4 Asiimov
165K AUG Chameleon
169,696K AWP Redline
175K Wonder Woman Cosplay
180K KNIFE GIVEAWAY
185K M4A1- Cyrex Giveaway
190K Knife Givaway
195K Karambit Giveaway
200K DX Racer Chair Giveaway ^.^
205K AWP Lightning Strike Giveaway
210K AK Vulcan Giveaway
215K M4A4 Desert Strike
220K Astro Headset Giveaway!
225K StatTrack AWP Assimov Giveaway!
230K Karambit Urban Masked Giveaway!!!

You got damn right I did. And being called Bravestarr is the greatest compliment ever. It's all love. Now which one of you motorscooters wanna be Defenders of Dynatron City, Spiral Zone and goddamn Stunt Dogs....

So who is gonna do the BCT to Cartoon equivalent. I mean we did 90's actors and early 2k comics. Now we need cartoons and silver age comics comparisons....

And e-pimping needs to be trademarked post haste. I mean can't you imagine the sleezy e harmony mixed with those late night chat line advertisements commercials that we can spawn.

Googled it and found some downright weird results.

cdyhybrid

They seem like a smart way to get new players into improving by playing themselves. It's essentially teaching players to come to terms with their weaknesses and then how to adapt accordingly.

Speaking of improving at Smash, is there a sort of guide/routine/whatever as far as learning how to get better at the game? I've gotta think there's a more a efficient way than just "play a bunch of games". Specific things to look for, etc.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

So who is gonna do the BCT to Cartoon equivalent. I mean we did 90's actors and early 2k comics. Now we need cartoons and silver age comics comparisons...
All I know is someone better be swat kats.

Beef what is the difference between the blue shirts and the yellow shirts?
????

EDIT: Oh, at Best Buy? Yellow shirts = AP, which are basically the greeters/camera watchers. Blue shirts are the salespeople. Warehouse guys wear blue shirts too, but it's obvious who they are since you'll see them lugging shit around.
Speaking of improving at Smash, is there a sort of guide/routine/whatever as far as learning how to get better at the game? I've gotta think there's a more a efficient way than just "play a bunch of games". Specific things to look for, etc.

Who are you trying to use?

cdyhybrid

????

EDIT: Oh, at Best Buy? Yellow shirts = AP, which are basically the greeters/camera watchers. Blue shirts are the salespeople. Warehouse guys wear blue shirts too, but it's obvious who they are since you'll see them lugging shit around.

Who are you trying to use?

I haven't really settled on a character yet. I typically random but I know it's easier to get better if you focus on a smaller number of guys.

Right now I'm liking Little Mac, Mega Man, and Meta Knight, but that's not really based on play style and more on character art, etc. I'm open to trying other characters though.

Village

What are you up too black gaf?

I'm messing around with video game modifications.

Fooling around on youtube and finds a sick ass 2on remix. They leave the schoolboy q part in like everyone doesn't want that part out.

All I know is someone better be swat kats.
That fucking Season 1 intro is so good.
I haven't really settled on a character yet. I typically random but I know it's easier to get better if you focus on a smaller number of guys.

Right now I'm liking Little Mac, Mega Man, and Meta Knight, but that's not really based on play style and more on character art, etc. I'm open to trying other characters though.

I've been using Mac recently (as well as the rest of the world), and there's a couple things that you may or may not already know that people already do:

- Run in and dash attack
- Forward Smash constantly
- Jab rush constantly

Learn to space your attacks, don't do the above shit, and grab more with Mac, and you'll be fine with him.

jWILL253

Banned
Angelus works as a graphic designer, I believe.

Thanks. I'll PM him.

IMPORTANT: If you're just looking to fuck around, then it doesn't really matter what character you use. If you're trying to get good and hold your own in competitive play, learn your tiers. I have no idea how Smash 4 plays personally, but if it plays anything like Melee, it's good to look up the Melee/Project M tiers to know which characters are good, and which aren't.

Fox/Falco

Also, learn wavedashing and edge guarding.

will edit with more info soon

Is anybody in BCT a good graphic designer? I need someone to create a couple logos for me.

I've got an Associate's in graphic design and some free time. Feel free to PM me.

cdyhybrid

That fucking Season 1 intro is so good.

I've been using Mac recently (as well as the rest of the world), and there's a couple things that you may or may not already know that people already do:

- Run in and dash attack
- Forward Smash constantly
- Jab rush constantly

Learn to space your attacks, don't do the above shit, and grab more with Mac, and you'll be fine with him.

Cool, thanks.

Thanks. I'll PM him.

IMPORTANT: If you're just looking to fuck around, then it doesn't really matter what character you use. If you're trying to get good and hold your own in competitive play, learn your tiers. I have no idea how Smash 4 plays personally, but if it plays anything like Melee, it's good to look up the Melee/Project M tiers to know which characters are good, and which aren't.

Fox/Falco

Also, learn wavedashing and edge guarding.

I'm not looking to get super hardcore about it and enter tournaments or anything, but I definitely want to be able to do some damage when I play online.

G-Fex

http://www.twitch.tv/kittyplaysgames/c/4524049

Pay attention to the upper left hand corner of the screen. At the :11 mark... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Brehs... I ask you, what part of the game is this? I need to know.

Twitch simp game over 9000 and shit...

EDIT: And someone should make a coli smiley for her reaction, lol...

Yeah I remember someone showed me this shit.

That sure is a thing.

You need to step your game up JC if you want to get that money.

I miss Ishii's old tag :/ Membear was so much better.

Yeah I miss that :(

Village

GODDAMNIT.

This rape thread on gaming side is making me want to punch small woodland creatures. My head is starting to hurt. I can't even get work done cuz of this fuckery.

I'm sorry but people are just wimps nowadays. Didn't like what he said? Either insult him back and beat his ass at the game, or stop playing because you obviously can't handle a little trash talk. HE CALLED ME NAMES, WAAAHHHH! DISQUALIFY HIM HE SAID MEAN THINGS TO ME IN A COMPETITION! WAAHHHH. Good lord. People all up in arms over a weak and uninspired insult, calling for a lifetime ban....now THAT is offensive. Pretty soon people aren't even going to be able to play around with eachother and say anything that could be considered offensive by anyone anywhere. Sounds like a real fucking boring world to live in.

hmmm

People don't understand words mean things. Like this gentleman

cdyhybrid

That's so cut and dry I don't even want to know what kind of argument people are even trying to make against the outcome.

Pretty much. I hope none of those guys are e-sports fans too, because saying stuff like that is going to keep e-sports from ever making it big.

Can you imagine if an NFL player tweeted that?

akira28

I think Revanche got me this one? He mentioned something about calling me Bravestarr and Jandro something too haha

Why do y'all hate me so?

I <3 you Ishi, I think Memebear would have been better. And I didn't really understand the tag link either. But...*shrug*

With Bravestarr all I think is strength of a bear and the fact that his best friend and police partner was also his ride to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom