• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
This dude just said lettergaf. Why is this killing me lmaoooooo.

I thought donk was the opposite of that. Girl I know unfriended a guy cuz it was more like donk of the hour with his Instagram posts.

It does, but I think he was trying to say that its those "girl got no ass" joke pics we get every once in a while that chases off girl posters. Can't say I disagree.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A regular member of this community was deleted right off the forum, which we all seem to agree is very unusual and shocking. I'm not asking this to start arguments -- in fact the opposite -- but instead of making endless passive-aggressive jokes about "they got Retro," why not ask EviLore to come here and chat with us directly? Maybe explain what happened. You're all making snide remarks and taking little snipes at EL, but can't be bothered to confront and handle things like adults when one of your own gets wiped out. We can all be civil about this. It's not a big, scary deal, guys.

you aren't that new here, jado
As usual, if you want to ask questions about moderation, the appropriate place to do so is via PM to a moderator. We generally don't discuss moderation in threads because A) it derails the thread, B) sometimes it's no one's business, and C) we aren't generally interested in having an argument about moderation.

also this is bullshit because the last 'civil discourse' i had with moderation led to 4 perms, a community nuked, and someone getting demodded.

ToS should say 'stfu and roll with it'

hypernima

Banned
A regular member of this community was deleted right off the forum, which we all seem to agree is very unusual and shocking. I'm not asking this to start arguments -- in fact the opposite -- but instead of making endless passive-aggressive jokes about "they got Retro," why not ask EviLore to come here and chat with us directly? Maybe explain what happened. You're all making snide remarks and taking little snipes at EL, but can't be bothered to confront and handle things like adults when one of your own gets wiped out. We can all be civil about this. It's not a big, scary deal, guys.

Damn, I should have put an /s on my earlier post about leaving it alone.

I just tend to avoid when people get shadowbanned, deleted, etc because I been on too many forums where this shit happens, but I know opening that dialogue with EL is sisyphean, cause in the end, don't no body come back from it.

strobogo

Banned

also this is bullshit because the last 'civil discourse' i had with moderation led to 4 perms, a community nuked, and someone getting demodded.

It pretty much does.

Membership can be revoked at any time for any reason

Moderation of NeoGAF is not by democracy. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, membership, and any other relevant issues are made by the NeoGAF administration alone and are final.

RP912

Banned
Fam.

How do you advertise music/videos on the Internet without being annoying?

Honestly post the stuff on soundcloud/youtube and pray somebody stumble across the shit. It's impossible to get people to check out things without coming off annoying.

I tried to do that shit when I was trying to do the music thing...but it's not my shoes to fill.

Trey

Yooo, Trey. Was smash laggy for you when we played last night? Cause I was like 2 seconds behind the whole match.

It was impossible to warn you. I was playing my boy 1 on 1 and it was already noticeable, but it's whatever because it was still playable. Then his boy joins up and things go to hell. The friend I was 1v1ing at first lags out and drops. Things are great - nearly lagless - with the other guy so it means I just had a really spotty connection with the first dude.

He rejoins and things go to hell again. And then you join so I know shit is going to be that much more of a struggle.

We gotta get some games in where I don't have a connection issue with one of the participants.

Man, this Retro_ situation is eye opening.

swaSuK9.gif

Jado

Banned

Yeah, but new enough that this is my first time first-hand witnessing when something like this went down.

He's not wrong. American audiences wanna see Batman in the desert before a random brown person, regardless of how ludicrous it looks. I'm sure someone out there is trying to figure out how to get Chris Hemsworth cast in a historical role he has no business playing.

Yeah, but new enough that this is my first time first-hand witnessing when something like this went down.

He's not wrong. American audiences wanna see Batman in the desert before a random brown person, regardless of how ludicrous it looks. I'm sure someone out there is trying to figure out how to get Chris Hemsworth cast in a historical role he has no business playing.

Emma Stone as Harriet Tubman confirmed.

besada

Banned

Regardless of what happened in the NBAGaf thread (which I'll point out happened in the thread, not in PMs, which was part of the problem) I've already fielded multiple questions via PM about this. So you're welcome to call bullshit, but if you feel the need to do so, do it via PM to a mod.

DY_nasty

Regardless of what happened in the NBAGaf thread (which I'll point out happened in the thread, not in PMs, which was part of the problem) I've already fielded multiple questions via PM about this. So you're welcome to call bullshit, but if you feel the need to do so, do it via PM to a mod.

it happened in PMs several times over the course of 3 years and even in an mirc chat rooms

it also happened when the harassment issues in girlgaf come up

it also happened when the harassment issues in the realpic community came up

its happened when me and himuro were literally begging for moderation in the early bct threads and it happened when one of the mods had the great idea for a people with skin merge

i'm past being mad about it so no one has to worry about me log dumping anything but i'm not just gonna tell people "pm a mod" when i'm the posterboy of surviving that shitstorm

this isn't the place to expect some fair and balanced moderation. cool. but i'm not trying to get hit for 'posting aggressively' again so i'm done. jado is too good of a poster here to be flatout played for a sucker though

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916660.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oldschoolgamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-AEB829864D438CB8 - Taken by Slayven. 1 entrants total.

t1417032824z1.png

besada

Banned
it happened in PMs several times over the course of 3 years and even in an mirc chat rooms

it also happened when the harassment issues in girlgaf come up

it also happened when the harassment issues in the realpic community came up

its happened when me and himuro were literally begging for moderation in the early bct threads and it happened when one of the mods had the great idea for a people with skin merge

i'm past being mad about it so no one has to worry about me log dumping anything but i'm not just gonna tell people "pm a mod" when i'm the posterboy of surviving that shitstorm

Well, given that I routinely respond to and remediate complaints via PM, I can only assume that either you're sending PMs to the wrong moderators, or, just possibly, your attitude and the way you treat people bears less fruit than you'd like. Regardless, if you'd like to continue the conversation further, you know how to PM me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good experiences PMing a mod:

Mumei
Besada
Stump (admin but whatever)
eatchildren
Cyan

All of them have been dope to deal with.

DY_nasty

Well, given that I routinely respond to and remediate complaints via PM, I can only assume that either you're sending PMs to the wrong moderators, or, just possibly, your attitude and the way you treat people bears less fruit than you'd like. Regardless, if you'd like to continue the conversation further, you know how to PM me.

you became a mod long after i stopped caring besada lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom