• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

so many things to discuss here.

1.) the "designer" jacket, which oddly resembles a carry-on bag.

2.) the leather pants.

3.) the "designer" shades and hat being worn indoors.

4.) the white iphone case SO YOU CAN'T MISS THE FACT THAT HE HAS A NEW IPHONE.

5.) wagging the keys to remind everyone that HIS RIDE IS SWEETER THAN YOURS.

6.) the white nike's in the winter.

7.) after all that, the plain t-shirt. because having a busy t-shirt would distract from the full look being presented, amirite.

I suppose if you're going to peacock, you mine as well go all the way.

...why is it that the FIRST thought that crossed my mind when I saw this picture was, "...why's the coffee table as big as the room, tho?"

kaepernick trying to take the part game to another level.

B3gRW7_CAAADJHt.jpg

Did he tell them to put in the Prince symbol and they fucked up?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Malyse

anyone ever try out Disney Infinity? Thinking about buying a starter pack for someone for xmas

also, peach cobbler?

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

I like Disney Infinity. Are you getting it for a kid? Cause the PC version of vanilla and 2.0 are both free to play and requires no figures (you buy the characters digital at a discount), and you can download the game on wii u (vanilla for free, $20 for 2.0) and just buy the base and the characters. Base is like $30. Oh and any character you buy physical is unlocked in PC.

Thats too fly to be slayven.

Food talk, any of you eat peach cobbler?
I fucking hate peach cobbler and pie. I hate cooked peaches. I hate never liked it. Only thing worse is pumpkin.
I posted that. No one even noticed.

Idk bout beef but my BB was smooth for the most part tonight well seev how friday goes

I enjoyed for the first time telling customers straight up no. Like no we ccant price match or rain check

"But but little jimmy wanted this"
"Jimmy should have been in line at 5"
"Bu...bu its the holi"
"Next customer, pls"

Best Buy's honestly been one of the most reliable places for me with stuff like that. I bought a Galaxy Tab prematurely a year or two ago and managed to return it about two months later at full price.

Being a lifeguard for a franchise waterpark is fun for the same reasons. I was kinda lenient my first year, but this past summer I just stopped giving a shit and made sure people actually followed the rules.

"can we ride together? she's young so i don't think she can go by herself"
"You have to go one at a time, feet first, on your back. You can not go more than one at a time anywhere in the park except for [this one slide] where there are double tubes, but they've got to be 48" for that. I can recommend you some kiddie areas based on how big she is, though."

Cue the passive-aggressive smiles and "oh thank you sirs" as they head off to Toddler Falls or whatever the fuck because their day is "ruined," give me a break.

We did get a lot of nice people who appreciated the service, though. All of which were tourists from up north, wouldn't you know it. All the locals are assholes. I'd usually take up patrol shifts in the back because that's where most of the smaller attractions were so it was mostly kids and old people, which are a million times easier to explain shit to than fucking high school teens and hip young adults. I made a habit out of praising the parents who were doing a good job of keeping an eye on their kids and pretty much ignoring the parents who wouldn't do shit while Jimmy McNuggets was pulling other kids' hair out and going face-first down slides. I mean, most parents still wouldn't give a shit, but there'd be a couple that would be at a given area for two or three hours at a time and they'd just eye me as I patrolled past them like they were expecting praise for their dumb ass kids.

One of the more memorable complaints I got was in our wave pool at the front of the park. For safety / crowd control reasons, save for an opening about six feet wide the actual entrance is fenced off by makeshift PVC pipe framework about waist-high, and life jackets are laid on the PVC for parents to pick up for their kids. Well, some dude in his late twenties who looked like he worked extra jobs as a pickup artist and a panhandler was by himself and took it upon himself to take a good six or so lifejackets to make a pillow and lay in the shallow end of the wave pool and then talk to someone on his phone as he laid there. Keep in mind it was a day as busy as any, so we could have easily gotten to the point where actual children needed them. I didn't really know if it was a violation, so I just continued patrol, but after a little bit a supervisor walked by and told me to talk to him, so I just give him the usual "sir, those are for the kids" and he just starts up on this bullshit like "hey I paid to get in here didn't I?" No, asshole. You paid to access a recreational facility that has rules and regulations just like any other one would. So he doesn't budge and I lean over to my supervisor as she walks by again and go "yeah, he's not moving" so she goes over there and he argues, still laying down, for a good ten minutes or so about how he's in his rights to do it and all this bullshit. Like, the PVC pipe fences are just strung together with some basic black string gridded up, so it's not like he's doing this in the privacy of the pool or anything. All of these parents and teens and stuff are seeing him make a fool out of himself. It was ridiculous.

"When your Aunt brings Slayven to Thanksgiving"

B3gH5e_CQAAIiDJ.jpg

Man, he's /that/ uncle. Your grandma is glaring at him because he didn't take his hat off. He'll be the one wearing that Crown Royale outfit at the family reunion. And I bet he's got skinny legs. He's old school enough that he probably poured out a 40 for Big Bank Hank.

Also, my grandma had that coffee table!

Malyse

hNJ7q7C.png

bruh im looking at that ignore button real hard right now.
If you like peach pie, I'm glad for you, but I dodge it like that man dodged those bullets in Count's link. Not my style. At all. Sweet potato, Apple, cherry, strawberry? That's my jam. Ain't down with the peaches, though.

double jump

If you like peach pie, I'm glad for you, but I dodge it like that man dodged those bullets in Count's link. Not my style. At all. Sweet potato, Apple, cherry, strawberry? That's my jam. Ain't down with the peaches, though.

oh, thought you meant all pie. I was like wtf?

What's good fam? I'm stuck at work today any ya'll took a chance on shopping this morning?

Also I really wanna play freedom wars. Should I dip in on the vita or try my hand at PSTV?

Rayven I think you misspelled Apple with chocolate.

Malyse

What's good fam? I'm stuck at work today any ya'll took a chance on shopping this morning?

Also I really wanna play freedom wars. Should I dip in on the vita or try my hand at PSTV?

There are much better choices than Freedom Wars on Vita. Online barely works cause Sony has stopped giving a damn about Vita and the game is almost too hard to play alone.

nah fam I'll stick apple pie at 6 nothing is fucking with chocolate

x Misogi

I like Disney Infinity. Are you getting it for a kid? Cause the PC version of vanilla and 2.0 are both free to play and requires no figures (you buy the characters digital at a discount), and you can download the game on wii u (vanilla for free, $20 for 2.0) and just buy the base and the characters. Base is like $30. Oh and any character you buy physical is unlocked in PC.

I got it for my gf. 2.0 from Target for 40, then b1g1 50% from Meijer's for 20, so she should have more than enough to get it for (wii U)

Thanks!

Edit: Went out to Target, a Meijer's, and a Best Buy from 7:30 to 9:30. I live in a suburb area of Indy so it wasn't nearly as hectic as when I actually lived in Indy. Open corridors and barely any traffic at Target/Meijer, but it was pretty hectic at the Best Buy. Still nothing compared to an Indy black friday tho

Malyse

The kid with the sword was running from the cops. There's a video.

----

I'm gonna start working on Black History Month content for my site.

double jump

Sick of all this race baiting. The opening scene is clearly trying to say all white people wanna be black on the inside. two blacks in the galaxy is enough. You got Lando and Mace which is more than enough. Everything in moderation. something, something I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

Did I do it right? I'm not on AE's level yet.

Kreed

I'm not racist, but I'm sick of all this race baiting. The opening scene is clearly trying to say all white people wanna be black on the inside. two blacks in the galaxy is enough. You got Lando and Mace which is more than enough. How would black people feel if a white man starred in a Medea movie? Everything in moderation. something, something I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

Did I do it right? I'm not on AE's level yet.

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom