• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat's my gimmick breh.

bruh

cYimhDr.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
they've used cameras in the military for the same sort of thing before

didn't stop shit

leadership, corruption, etc - a lot of old ways had to get phased out.

I was on board with the camera idea for a little bit, then we had some more cases where people got killed on camera and nothing changed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I did see one article posted about the unarmed white guy getting shot by the cop with a body cam and getting off scott free. It really bothers me that police are so often the ones escalating situations straight to the point of using deadly force with basically nothing in between. And in that case I guess the camera meant absolutely nothing to those in charge of reviewing the footage.
pointless

its a nice gesture though

cops and military both have needed a 3rd party oversight for a while. probably civilian
At worst it's a band-aid fix that Obama wants to hold up as an example of action, but at this point I could not care less about the politics. I want to say it's a step in the right direction but I admit putting too much stock in the cameras undermines the idea that there are institutional issues with how we regulate people we give permission and authority to use force. In the short term I'm honestly stumped at what else can be done that wouldn't be outright rejected.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I did see one article posted about the unarmed white guy getting shot by the cop with a body cam and getting off scott free. It really bothers me that police are so often the ones escalating situations straight to the point of using deadly force with basically nothing in between. And in that case I guess the camera meant absolutely nothing to those in charge of reviewing the footage.At worst it's a band-aid fix that Obama wants to hold up as an example of action, but at this point I could not care less about the politics. I want to say it's a step in the right direction but I admit putting too much stock in the cameras undermines the idea that there are institutional issues with how we regulate people we give permission and authority to use force. In the short term I'm honestly stumped at what else can be done that wouldn't be outright rejected.

3rd party civilian oversight outside of your typical II

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Police already hate internal affairs and that division is made up of their own. It'd be interesting to see how someone would pitch having a separate third party group as the ones doing the investigation or appeals of different violation cases. Also no way will republicans allow the current administration to put something like this together, considering they were already all over Obama's ass for acorn, tax group shenanigans, etc. I like the concept though, since it eliminates the conflict of interest, code of silence and gang mentality that probably affects a lot of investigations that are done internally.

Police already hate internal affairs and that division is made up of their own. It'd be interesting to see how someone would pitch having a separate third party group as the ones doing the investigation or appeals of different violation cases. Also no way will republicans allow the current administration to put something like this together, considering they were already all over Obama's ass for acorn, tax group shenanigans, etc. I like the concept though, since it eliminates the conflict of interest, code of silence and gang mentality that probably affects a lot of investigations that are done internally.

yep, those videos could potentially give IA more teeth.

akira28

uhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't remember big breasted bears from that cartoon.

They couldn't get away with that one for more than 2 episodes. It kinda happened near the end of the Tiny Toons last season.

yeah, she's a little bit endowed. little bit.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What the hell is this fuckery?

Didn't we just go through a gatdamn Halloween of blackface and cultural appropriation bullshit?

Just like blackface, native headdresses are not okay.
Probably hypocritical of me but I don't necessarily fully agree with that one.

FyreWulff

I thought it was always a bit stupid that cop cars only have forward dash-cams. They should have a rear dash cam as well, or even better, an array of them (built into the lights would be a good spot) so you could reconstruct 360 degree views.

I've seen one too many times where you can tell the cop car is angled so sharply while parked to get the dash cam off who they're talking to.

Jado

Banned
I recognize they're not a fix-all solution, but anything that makes it harder for them to lie through their teeth is fine with me.

jWILL253

Banned
Vince, that is quite the corny post you made...

Also, fuck Charles Barkley. Glad the only thing he's ever won is honorable mentions...

Furyous

Can we start a support group for empathizing with
borderline racist
comic nerds? We as BCT need to a better job of empathizing with the plight of the common man who wants to see a superhero from "their culture" that speaks to "their values". They're hurting right now and we need to be there for them
and their women
in this time of need.

WHAT ABOUT THE WHITE MALE REPRESENTATION IN FICTION? Who is going to pander to that demo? Captain America is black now?! Da Fuq? This PC culture has gone TOO DAMN FAR.

I fear for America's future.

I'M JOKING and you get it of course.

Slayven

Can we start a support group for empathizing with
borderline racist
comic nerds? We as BCT need to a better job of empathizing with the plight of the common man who wants to see a superhero from "their culture" that speaks to "their values". They're hurting right now and we need to be there for them
and their women
in this time of need.

WHAT ABOUT THE WHITE MALE REPRESENTATION IN FICTION? Who is going to pander to that demo? Captain America is black now?! Da Fuq? This PC culture has gone TOO DAMN FAR.

I fear for America's future.

I'M JOKING and you get it of course.

I wish the internet was around for John Stewart becoming a GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom