• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Capcom is one of the few companies keeping their old characters out of the Larry Holmes homes for the flabby n sick. Barry slinging that assault rifle in the prison has me excited.

lmao

I am also hype for revelations 2.

RE characters seem to come back more often than not. The only one I hope never comes back is that Spanish dude from revelations 1. His only good use was an invincible meat shield.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I already preordered REV 2. I get good vibes from the game. So good to see Claire and Barry still in action.

Let me stop you right there...

Why? What's so different from blacks culture here in America from white culture? Honestly, most people here in U.S no matter where they're from, are Americanized. We're not a salad bowl. We're a melting pot.

the different label comes from the white culture a large, imo. We're just who we are. To them we're the other type of human that exists in addition to themselves.

Black culture IS American culture, because without us, they would still be sleeping in the woods, hiding from wolf howls, eating each others' corpses, and shooting at anything that looks different from them.

Lol

It really doesn't make sense to me tho. I used to think we were quite different but as I got older, I realized how untrue it was.

Our taste in music is something people often use, but now I'm not sure that has merit. If music is enough to make you want to give up your culture, I can't fathom that hahaha

I already preordered REV 2. I get good vibes from the game. So good to see Claire and Barry still in action.

Why? What's so different from blacks culture here in America from white culture? Honestly, most people here in U.S no matter where they're from, are Americanized. We're not a salad bowl. We're a melting pot.

Lol

It really doesn't make sense to me tho. I used to think we were quite different but as I got older, I realized how untrue it was.

Our taste in music is something people often use, but now I'm not sure that has merit. If music is enough to make you want to give up your culture, I can't fathom that hahaha

For starters, we're not all in America...

EDIT: I'm still annoyed about REV 2 not coming to 3DS but I'll still play it on PC.

What's the culture tho?

I mean, it's really silly when you think about it. Black culture is American culture. We eat the same foods, share clothing stores, share music now too, etc.

If someone wants to be into gaming, they are just as likely to get the same responses in school from other kids (aka nerds, etc). I really don't understand this view. We lost most of our culture when we were brought here on slave ships. So, what's all this about black culture being so different?

Eh, for various reasons, I've gotta agree with Labor. For seconds, if black culture = American culture, there'd be nothing to appropriate*.

*even though I don't necessarily agree with that concept, I'm not having that discussion

Trey

Since we have a solid share of military people in this community, and considering the recent talk of civilian oversight, I was wondering what you all thought of senator Kirsten Gillibrand's (D-NY) legislation to reform the military's code of conduct, particularly in cases of violence against women in the military.

Basically she wants to make it so that prosecutorial decisions are made by prosecutors instead of military commanders.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My one thing with that argument is that it almost paints a picture that we haven't been living here for hella long now. There is no divorcing black people (in the states) from Americans. There is no, black, white, and then Americans. The only group that I'd be willing to entertain that from is the Native Americans (if that's still the correct term).

When you start to break down that, then you jump right into the cultural appropriation conversation.

Kraftwerk

DLKAvI8.gif

You know, from the way it's spoken about, I would never have guessed that grits were similar to porridge.
They are, right? Wikipedia isn't lying to me?!?

Since we have a solid share of military people in this community, and considering the recent talk of civilian oversight, I was wondering what you all thought of senator Kirsten Gillibrand's (D-NY) legislation to reform the military's code of conduct, particularly in cases of violence against women in the military.

Basically she wants to make it so that prosecutorial decisions are made by prosecutors instead of military commanders.

AR-141209790.jpg&maxW=602&maxH=602&AlignV=top&Q=80

Those are some "well shit" faces if I've ever seen them. I think it makes a lot more sense to hand it over to prosecutors rather than possibly allowing the "well, your honor, if you prosecute a red-blooded American hero, does that mean you hate freedom?" route.

Black Culture Thread |OT10| Redeem Your Black Points at the Door

I'm starting to humor the idea of black points going into skill trees for aggressive steps, dehumanizing stares, etc

dude clearly put a lot of Black Points into his Two-Palm Nappy Manipular Augmentation skill tree

the different label comes from the white culture a large, imo. We're just who we are. To them we're the other type of human that exists in addition to themselves.

Black culture IS American culture, because without us, they would still be sleeping in the woods, hiding from wolf howls, eating each others' corpses, and shooting at anything that looks different from them.

3 out of 4 ain't bad, right?

akira28

3 out of 4 ain't bad, right?

well shit. we built their homes and towns, tamed all their scary animals, taught them how to eat good food and how to use salt and pepper. Do we really have to teach them how to be actual human beings?

We may be magical negroes, but they never trust us for our morals and principles until the shit has catastrophically crashed into the fan, setting both the shit and the fan on fire.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
AR-141209790.jpg&maxW=602&maxH=602&AlignV=top&Q=80

Those are some "well shit" faces if I've ever seen them. I think it makes a lot more sense to hand it over to prosecutors rather than possibly allowing the "well, your honor, if you prosecute a red-blooded American hero, does that mean you hate freedom?" route.

It needs to be an entire institution of oversight imo. individuals ain't winning that one

Trey

So Professor Hawking thinks AI are going to fuck us. It's funny he says that.

I've been reading through this book recently.

51eZddz71zL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_AA300_.jpg

It pretty much goes over the various ways mankind will create AI (relatively soon), and the various ways that can go bad for us. More or less it concludes that if man doesn't come to a consensus about how to go about creating advanced true AI before we actually create the thing, the likelihood of a skynet scenario is rather strong, and there would be virtually nothing we could do about it.

It's an interesting read, and doesn't require any higher knowledge in the field to understand. The author uses easy-to-follow logic to make reasonable inductions, so nothing is one hundred percent for sure, but you can see what he's getting at.

Shit is frightening, b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom