• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit is gross..dudes ain't got no shame.

everyone in there lookin like

r-kelly-teenagers.gif

snoop.png

whew... they locked it

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't read all of it

but there's no way in fucking hell that a CoD game, let alone AW, is a better put together shooter than Destiny. CoD has always been the Saturday morning cartoon of FPSs. Poster child of dumbing shit down to its base level and calling it 'design choices'. In 5 years, they haven't even addressed the idea of a competent spawn system.

G-Fex

Socially awkward, stereotypical looking virgins the lot of them.

Between that and the Sasha Grey thread, it's gotten really awful today.

I didn't read all of it

but there's no way in fucking hell that a CoD game, let alone AW, is a better put together shooter than Destiny. CoD has always been the Saturday morning cartoon of FPSs. Poster child of dumbing shit down to its base level and calling it 'design choices'. In 5 years, they haven't even addressed the idea of a competent spawn system.

CoD is the junk food of video games.

Why do you think it's sponsored by Mtn Dew and Doritos?

KumaJG

Titanfall hoodwinked a lot of people. Charging $60 for a bare bones online only game was highway robbery.

Is Turtle Beach the headset of choice?

royalan

WHOA

I'm only just now going into that Bayonetta rape thread.

That's...disturbing.

I've been defending the series this whole time because too often people (mostly men) make the mistake of thinking that overt sexuality can't be a part of Feminist representation. In reality, women can be naked, enjoy and display their sexuality and be strong Feminist figures. The key is that the woman be in control of her own body and what she wants to do with it. I always saw Bayonetta as a strong representation of that.

But that boss fight...ouch, that really does a number on that whole interpretation. Not only is it blatant rape, but in context of the franchise it comes off as a sort of "You're getting what you deserve" moment. Ugh...

Young Magus

I was doing good until 5:40 of that video

HbHjalS.gif

and that's when I had to go into another room and make some google searches

Dammit JC.

I didn't read all of it

That comparison is insulting to Saturday Morning Cartoons.
True tho.

Alright, so in a nutshell, the BCT Blackpoint™ system works like this: (the actual system will come later, fully usable)

Your first stat is your SCR (Street Credibility Rating) also known as Impression. .

More importantly, there's a deep class system known as the CAT (Cultural Axis of Techniques) that governs the majority of player characteristics. You find out your CAT Rating by taking a priorities-as-points questionnaire, which will give you a coordinate, allowing you to map yourself on the Black Power Grid.

Offender - Receiver - Deceiver - Believer is a pretty straightforward Fighter - Mage - Rogue - Cleric setup.

This is where Black Points come in! You can use Black Points in any one of your th where you have a Starting Skill and then can upgrade roughly 5 Skills per tree. You upgrade your Skills in 1-point increments maxing out / completing skills at 5 points, and every 5 BP you access the next tier of your skills, 2 per tier. This culminates in a Super, a sort of full-circle extension of your Starting Skill. Your Super is listed next to Skill Sets on the actual Character Stats form, or if you haven't unlocked it your Starting Skill. As an aside, it's also worth noting your Character Stats form will display your top three skills.

Your Character Statistics are all laid out on your Race Card, of course.

Is this what you want? a Caste system?

Crocodile

Aside from the shitstorm in Missouri and the nationwide fallout, are there any major "events" in the past week I should be aware off? I barely had internet or TV last week and I don't have a smart phone so I feel like I'm playing catch-up with regards to everything that didn't happen in my personal life.

WHOA

I'm only just now going into that Bayonetta rape thread.

That's...disturbing.

I've been defending the series this whole time because too often people (mostly men) make the mistake of thinking that overt sexuality can't be a part of Feminist representation. In reality, women can be naked, enjoy and display their sexuality and be strong Feminist figures. The key is that the woman be in control of her own body and what she wants to do with it. I always saw Bayonetta as a strong representation of that.

But that boss fight...ouch, that really does a number on that whole interpretation. Not only is it blatant rape, but in context of the franchise it comes off as a sort of "You're getting what you deserve" moment. Ugh...

I saw it going into that thread, but was convinced otherwise later on. Out of curiosity, what's so blatant?

harSon

Banned
I didn't read all of it

Have you actually played AW?

Imm0rt4l

I've maintained since bayonetta 1 that the character design is fucking gross. Why are people fronting like the rest of the game is empowering? It's a sexploitative action title.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Have you actually played AW?

Yes, I've played Black Ops 2XLCE: Titanfall edition.

If anything, they've committed even harder to the idea that their entire multiplayer flow is centered around fuckery. Never in any FPS series will you find maps so deliberately designed to promote chaos.

Why that list look like a ass backwards tier list. Reading that shit made us look like a whos who of Megaman robot masters.

Retro got hit with that mega buster for real.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finally getting around to The Evil Within.

Everyone at Tango and Bethesda should be ashamed of chapter 1. Shit is Gahhhhbaaaggee. Chapters 2 & 3 are good. They should have introduced the stealth mechanic there, instead of that slow walk bullshit from the intro.

Aside from that, the game is fun. I'm playing it like a mix between a stealth game and old school horror game. The only thing I've really run out of is matches, due to me using a single bullet to down enemies, waiting until some more walk forward, and then lighting a match. This is the exact same shit you did in REmake to avoid crimson heads. I expect the resource management is going to have to change in later levels though.

One thing that's crazy is the amount of fucking priority these goons have on you. Not that every game needs I-frames out of the ass, but shit. I'm curious if this is to circumvent some of the shit that happens in all of the resident evil games when it comes to zombies/ganados/whatever grabs. It's annoying as fuck either way though. Personality-less main guy gets interrupted by the fucking wind blowing and they don't. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom