• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In both Bayonetta 1 and 2 there is a boss fight where the male boss character does an super attack on Bayonetta by grabbing her by the neck and lifting her off the ground. Then the screen goes white with a bunch of black flashes. Then you see Bayonetta and the boss lying on the ground. Bayonetta is naked/knocked out, and the boss is laying on his side relaxing/smoking. Seems pretty blatant to me.

I bought Bayonetta 1 for the 360 and was planning on getting 2, but I never knew about either of these attacks. Between this and the pillow nonsense on twitter it's making me reconsider buying it.

The logic is that the woman character is "in control" of the sexuality vs another character "taking advantage" of her. This implied rape is where this isn't the case.

Yeah, you need some serious mental gymnastics not to see that there. It's really inexcusable and a shame because the game is legitimately great.

Crazy that Playstation has been around the same amount of time as I have. But those demo discs used to be the shit. The PS1 gray PS4 got me catching feels

jWILL253

Banned
well shit.

they still fucked up dark skin, though.

and considering how easy it is to make throw-away accounts on Steam, I don't see how they can check this shit adequately. this will have to be behind some kind of sign-up wall. and maybe only available to X amount of time spent in games on the account.

You think? I thought there was enough customisation options that it was at least possible to get right (unlike most games).

I think the different face muscle customization options more than make up for it. I mean, I don't really expect any developer to properly capture the subtlety and lighting that it would take to accurately model black skin. But, I would like developers to accurately model people of color without making them look like Samuel L. Jackson all the time...

RIXQuLx.png

Halo 2 Anniversary got me feeling some kind of way, man. High Charity remastered with the orchestrated soundscape and the new Control Room aesthetic are just blowing my mind. Everything's so... not gray now.

Not my fault DC is bad at this.

I don't really see how Arrow is getting worse. It always starts off slow early in the season. I'm starting to think you have a bile fascination with the show.

Speaking of Arrow, first part of the crossover was dope.

Edit:yes let's point out one bad(good) bit of choreography. Poor Roy.

Slayven

image.php

This is almost a Jandro tier avatar bet L.
The funny thing is that it was only supposed to be for a week. No idea why he decided to keep it on, lol.
Beef, im gonna need you to explain the bet you made with this man

It was a bet between who would win at Summerslam: Cena or Lesnar. He chose Cena. Apparently after searching, he decided to keep the avatar on until Cena gets the belt back!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Chapter 6...wow. You're just gonna spawn a goon outside of the window throwing an axe at me, before I gain control, huh?
vxvMK0V.png

Make it a gauntlet with no checkpoint too.
vxvMK0V.png

This chapter
8URPtfK.png

Give me back the more open sandbox like levels.

man i'm so glad i'm not into comics

i mean i like hearing slayven n' pals dropping the knowledge in GAF threads but I mean

I ain't got time for that shit

Chapter 6...wow. You're just gonna spawn a goon outside of the window throwing an axe at me, before I gain control, huh?
vxvMK0V.png

Make it a gauntlet with no checkpoint too.
vxvMK0V.png

This chapter
8URPtfK.png

Give me back the more open sandbox like levels.

The Evil Within doesn't play by any strict rules lol. You just go with the flow lol

Slayven

Thea just standing there chillin as Roy does that pointless flip kills me every time I watch that gif. Like who thought that was dope during the recording!?
Like none of the peeps been in a fight before. You know whats funny is they practiced that shit and no one pointed out how stupid it looked.

man i'm so glad i'm not into comics

i mean i like hearing slayven n' pals dropping the knowledge in GAF threads but I mean

I ain't got time for that shit

Says the nigga writing Fanfic RPG games

Like none of the peeps been in a fight before. You know whats funny is they practiced that shit and no one pointed out how stupid it looked.

spending 10 mins making infographics and 20 writing a personality test =/= spending a lifetime hunting down mint Black Panther 1st edition limited issues and knowing The Living Tribunal's credit score and how that would help him win a fight against World War Hulk Hulk

RP912

Banned
Time for me to put a flat in this comic tire...

Let's talk about Elder Scrolls man...what's good with Oblivion...whats popping with that Skyrim brehs?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just another case where someone should have had a rough dude on standby to cosign coreography. Most would he been like "naw man, naw" and veto'd that fake parkour wanna be shit right off the bat.
Baking soda. You got baking soda?
Your new avatar is godlyk.
That is marketable skills though, Sub is putting more effort into this fake game then I spend doing my actual job during the slow season.

Slayven

spending 10 mins making infographics and 20 writing a personality test =/= spending a lifetime hunting down mint Black Panther 1st edition limited issues and knowing The Living Tribunal's credit score and how that would help him win a fight against World War Hulk Hulk
You say that like I did all that in one year. That is as a lifetime fan, and shit I am not even that good at it. I know dudes that take me to school on comics.

Let's talk about Elder Scrolls man...what's good with Oblivion...whats popping with that Skyrim brehs?
I downloaded a mod that removes snow from Skyrim and make the chicks hot.

cdyhybrid

Haven't played Skyrim in a bit because I already put a ton of time into it and have other games occupying me.

Go PC or go home. Mods make it so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom