• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

ever since twitter pointed out that one of Tracy Ellis Ross' eyes is off, i cant help but to zero in on it every time she's on in Blackish.

idk how i didn't notice this when i was a kid and Girlfriends was on. actually it's probably because i was always focused on Jill Marie Jones

Blackish killed it on the sports codewords tonight.

still could get it.

I was about ready to get on you but I remembered, I'm grew up with a west indian mother and asian father. I ain't have grits until much later on in my life. As for your choices in chicken... you need to get on that Popeyes train breh.

I'm not even gonna try and act like KFC is the greatest in chicken places (I don't think I've had it all year... maybe just for the wedges) but by the time a Popeyes got around I already started putting fast food on indefinite hold.

Recently all my chicken has been from either mom/pops or the "wha' gwan" spots.

jWILL253

Banned
If it weren't for that track with Steve G. Lover and that bullshit-ass guest verse on "Arrangements", ROYALTY would be one of my favorite mixtapes. It slaps pretty hard.

Merc_

Where you're from- Homestead, FL
Where you live- Temecula, CA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black with some Native American, French, and Irish blood.
Your Age- 28
Favorite musical genre- Hip Hop mostly.
Your profession/major/career interest- Workin' at UPS right now.
Your religious affiliation- Atheist
Hobbies- Gaming and hitting the Gym.

Yo guys! I've been lurking this thread and GAF in general for a long time and now I can finally post. Hell of a day to finally get the ability to do so though...

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black with some Native American, French, and Irish blood.
Your Age- 28

Yo guys! I've been lurking this thread and GAF in general for a long time and now I can finally post. Hell of a day to finally get the ability to do so though...

that underscore next to your name, imma pray for you.

and Welcome!!

jWILL253

Banned
Your Age- 28

How do you feel about grits?
KFC or Popeyes?
What is your current Black Points count?
Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Pie?
Would you rather move to Canada, or colonize the Moon?

Gorillaz

Watching this CoD commentary spoof on South Park

This is fucking surreal I remember this shit back in 08 when it was just like, literally, a dozen commentators talking about CoD4 and even some search and destroy things. At most you would top off at 30k in views. Now it's lampooned on SP/CC

......I really should have jumped on this shit before machinima flooded youtube during the MW2 era. Anyone could have honestly made moves.

Merc_

How do you feel about grits?
KFC or Popeyes?
What is your current Black Points count?
Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Pie?
Would you rather move to Canada, or colonize the Moon?

1. I grew up eating that with a side of scrambled eggs. I used to mix them together and eat it that way.
2. I used to enjoy KFC until I found a dead cricket in the box with my biscuits. I stick to Popeye's these days.
3. I've been told that I'm "one of the good ones," at least three times this week. I'm not sure if I'm gaining or losing points here but it's pretty damn grating.
4. My grandmother's homemade pumpkin pie.
5. Live on a space station. The moon base leaves you open to colony drops.

ever since twitter pointed out that one of Tracy Ellis Ross' eyes is off, i cant help but to zero in on it every time she's on in Blackish.

idk how i didn't notice this when i was a kid and Girlfriends was on. actually it's probably because i was always focused on Jill Marie Jones

Blackish killed it on the sports codewords tonight.

It's called Graves disease. I think she has a mild form of it.

edit: maybe not. You mean just off. Not big. But off. :(

andthebeatgoeson

a cac female old flabby and sick jpg?

monica-bellucci-in-moscow-photocall-at-dolce-gabbana-shop-at-tsum_3.jpg

No. It's implying rape, and it's obvious. And everyone in that thread reaching to say "No it isn't!" should be ashamed of themselves.

Besides the fact that Bayonetta is laying there, naked and attempting to cover herself, and shivering in humiliation (such a departure from her usual character that this alone should be obvious enough)...Like, I mean, it's infuriating. FOR HOW FUCKING LONG in American Pop Culture has a dude lying down next to a woman and smoking a cigarette NOT been code for "there was sex"? This isn't complex thinking. This isn't hard. And this doesn't require anyone to be a sultan of pop culture references to get it. IF YOU'VE SEEN PRACTICALLY ANY 80s/90s ROMANTIC COMEDY YOU'VE SEEN THIS. This is so blatant that I'm literally questioning the motives of anyone who tries to suggest this is something else more innocent.

But nooooo, it's not implying rape. I can't.

Well, she wasn't shivering and the hand could very easily be censorship...

Like, the only thing I'm still considering that supports the idea of it being rape is the smoking.

@Kreed: That's all fair. Though perhaps my not taking issue with the nudity is because Bayonetta's standard costume is her hair, which is, as per Kamiya and the games, her power. In Other M (yes, I know), Samus's Power Suit was fueled by her concentration. So having someone's costume disappear as the result of a sufficient attack isn't too new to me. Even if not entirely comparable.

royalan

lmao damn, azealia is going all in on iggy.

When is she not going in on Iggy?

And, as per, when is anybody going to care?

Azealia Banks lost her ability to be the bullhorn for any sort of rational point years ago.

I mean, she talks about Iggy not caring about black people issues...but here she is using a very serious black people issue as an excuse to start yet another twitter beef with Iggy Azealia of all people. Like, the seats are calling, Azealia. They want to give themselves to you. Have one.

Mortemis

Banned
Spent the day basically doing two things, woke up early as fuck and started coding for my final, then finished up the day getting in like 6 hours of kh2.

I shit on it a lot, and the beginning is still boring as fuck, but damn does this game bring me back. Loving it rn.

And damn, capcom doesn't know what I'd do for either DMC5 or DD2. More so DD2.

Spent the day basically doing two things, woke up early as fuck and started coding for my final, then finished up the day getting in like 6 hours of kh2.

I shit on it a lot, and the beginning is still boring as fuck, but damn does this game bring me back. Loving it rn.

And damn, capcom doesn't know what I'd do for either DMC5 or DD2. More so DD2.

Capcom doesn't know what to do with any of its franchises. I'd kill for a serious Breath of Fire 6 rather than the travesty we're getting.

akira28

Gloria Allred told Cosby to put up 100 million dollars or waive the statue of liability clause so that "everybody can win".

1. I grew up eating that with a side of scrambled eggs. I used to mix them together and eat it that way.
2. I used to enjoy KFC until I found a dead cricket in the box with my biscuits. I stick to Popeye's these days.
3. I've been told that I'm "one of the good ones," at least three times this week. I'm not sure if I'm gaining or losing points here but it's pretty damn grating.

I like this guy!

Doesn't the space station leave you open to being the colony dropped?

jWILL253

Banned
2P.com said:
2P: The graphics of Black Desert is pretty impressive. When do you think we can see this game on consoles?

Pearl Abyss: We are very interested in porting Black Desert to consoles. At E3, we have met companies like Microsoft and Sony and started the initial discussion. If it is possible, we really want to do it.

http://2p.com/8135626_3/Black-Deser...p-Costumes-to-Be-Added-in-CBT3-by-Nichole.htm

I'm about to cape hard as fuck for this game, start a petition and shit, oh my fuck.

I'm bout to spam every single Sony executive on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom