• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally started reading the 1998 Priest run of Black Panther, and yeah it's pretty goddamn good.

"Give me that Paul Phoenix"

480px-Paul_Phoenix_-_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6_Bloodline_Rebellion.jpg

look at my dude's edge tho, nigga must have brought in his architect friends to blueprint dat shit

andthebeatgoeson

This cant be said enough especially the long time part.

If we're being honest I still haven't received professional help for my bouts of depression but opening up to my family about what I go threw helped a lot. I also try watch out for any triggers of negativity.

Sorry if anything I typed seems contradictory but hopefully something I wrote will be of help to someone.
I got lucky. Mine was related to temporary issues. But meds mildly worked. Seeing my first doctor was terrible; just a med manager.

With depression, you have no energy or push to seek other alternatives. So, one or two bad experiences can screw you.

Kreed

Just posting some random thoughts about the Michael Brown/Eric Gardner situation and this news story about the US woman stabbed to death in Abu Dhabi:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/08/world/meast/uae-us-mall-killing/

This in particular stood out for me:

But he said UAE authorities have gone out of their way to ensure his family is taken care of and have offered to pay for his three children's education through college.

I think what the UAE is doing is a great gesture for someone's family. Especially when they aren't citizens of their own country and in response to a horrible incident they had no control over or played no part in.

Now...obviously these incidents are completely unrelated and are in completely different parts of the world. And while not the same as actually punishing the officers involved or fixing the other deep issues with these cases, it would be "nice" if say the US government, the NYPD, or the FPD could do something similar for the Brown/Gardner families, vs half assed apologies. Especially when you have Gardner's wife saying she can't feed her kids on TV.

Malyse

I got lucky. Mine was related to temporary issues. But meds mildly worked. Seeing my first doctor was terrible; just a med manager.

With depression, you have no energy or push to seek other alternatives. So, one or two bad experiences can screw you.

My family doesn't believe in depression. Or really anything about mental health. i mean, what are you supposed to do when you virtually have no support network?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
DreamDrop you need to get help. It's not "fine" to post about how you've tried to kill yourself countless times but keep getting interrupted. There are resources out there even if your family doesn't 'believe' in depression. You might not be in danger of actively hurting yourself or others but you wouldn't be reaching out for attention and sharing this kind of information with strangers if there wasn't something seriously wrong.

Malyse

DreamDrop you need to get help. It's not "fine" to post about how you've tried to kill yourself countless times but keep getting interrupted. There are resources out there even if your family doesn't 'believe' in depression. You might not be in danger of actively hurting yourself or others but you wouldn't be reaching out for attention and sharing this kind of information with strangers if there wasn't something seriously wrong.
We should move on.

----

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/w...orst-years-on-record-for-worlds-children.html

Y'all know about this?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
how you just gonna post "i used to try and kill myself all the time // lets move on" like that shit is cool?

crush and dream, both of yal and everyone in between on the same shit

its more serious than posting on a video game forum ffs

how you just gonna post "i used to try and kill myself all the time // lets move on" like that shit is cool?

crush and dream, both of yal and everyone in between on the same shit

its more serious than posting on a video game forum ffs

Aye is dragon age aiight on ps4? I was gonna cop on pc but I'm kinda lazy and feel like playing an rpg on my couch this time

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Aye is dragon age aiight on ps4? I was gonna cop on pc but I'm kinda lazy and feel like playing an rpg on my couch this time

the consensus was that it was better on console than on PC anyways because of the weird controls on kb/m

DA:I will eat all of your time though. outstanding game

jWILL253

Banned
Like DY said, you can't just come up in here, post some crazy shit like that, then expect people not to react to that.

Get some help, Dream & Crush. Especially you, Dream. You can't just drink yourself to numbness all the time...

when looking at the thread list... look at the number of how many replies, and click on it.

for example Black Culture Thread - 17380 <------ click that number and you'll see the list pop up

My life has changed forever.

I see Slayven and DreamDrop battling at the top of the mountain for the number 1 headband.

Afro1.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Already added you. I'm wearing bunny ears and cat whiskers.

my special effects class elected me to be this weird character because I'm always serious.

I saw that you had the same avatar on instagram. Was wondering what that was about.

Also you aint following me

*ice grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom