• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
I hope nobody out here feeling sorry for that nigga Drake. Ol' boy was overdue a fade for the way he's been acting towards women of any kind or context (from the whole Rihanna fiasco, to him tryin'a put out a hit on Jhonni Blaze, to him coming after Chris Brown's woman AGAIN, to this Diddy shit). He should've gotten the Raekwon to Joe Budden treatment a long time ago...

Malyse

I hope nobody out here feeling sorry for that nigga Drake. Ol' boy was overdue a fade for the way he's been acting towards women of any kind or context (from the whole Rihanna fiasco, to him tryin'a put out a hit on Jhonni Blaze, to him coming after Chris Brown's woman AGAIN, to this Diddy shit). He should've gotten the Raekwon to Joe Budden treatment a long time ago...
I'm on team deportation

Malyse

I don't approve of fighting. Seems so classless to me.
Fight-of-Horses-horses-1497648-800-600.jpg

How is all this fighting with guys about their girls happening with Drake when the basketball season still going? Global warming got Drake's dick hunting season ending early. Republicans playing the long con

I goddamn laugh so fucking hard I damn near blacked out. My god in heaven, this motherfuckers whole goddamn lineage felt that shit. At that moment this cat hit this dude so fucking hard that you could see his brain just cease function for 6 goddamn seconds. This cat rebooted this man, set his ass back to factory settings.

OMG IN TEARS RIGHT NOW

It doesn't sound like you're listening, at least you didn't listen to anything in my post. I had a response typed out to every single one of your points but at around "point A" I realized I could easily quote my last response to you in response to this post and it would be relevant. You need to start dumping the things in your life you aren't happy with and replace them with things that will or at least things you are interested in.

Example, the Physics Degree. Why are you getting a degree for something you don't want to do/aren't enjoying just to seem smart to other people who are judging you anyway? I've seen people selling mix tapes on the corner happier than the last couple of posts you've made in here. Fuck the degree if you aren't happy doing it/it's not going to get you something you actually want. Do something else, whether it is a different degree or a different job and do it for you. Don't worry about money, don't worry about being judged, do what will make you happy. You're in here talking about giving up your life but how about giving up a degree that's kicking your ass first?

You're tired of seeing the same girls that dumped you walking around? 1) don't ask out girls that you've got to be around on a regular basis if things don't work out anymore (coworkers, students, etc...) and 2) go somewhere else, another town minimum (preferably another state/country). Unless you're shackled somewhere, there's no reason you can't change your surroundings.

Those two things alone will make things seem less "deja vu".

Also there's nothing "wrong" with the thoughts you've posted unless you act on them. That's why we have all been in here saying talk to people (about your suicide). Family, friends, therapists, the suicide hotline, etc... Share those thoughts with people you care about/professionals and get them out of your system and ease the pain.

Regardless just listen to us please. If this was a dating age thread I wouldn't even bother because I know GAFers never fucking listen to a damn thing in those threads, but damn it you're in here talking about suicide. PICK at least one posters advice in this thread and do it! Don't care if it's Dreams Vision, mine, Ishi, DY, Reigun, Vince, Subzero, Jackben...etc... It's all good advice that will benefit you.

I like where I am, it's a quite and peaceful city. It's small, but nice. I am honestly reading what you guys write, and I have re-read your post several times and thought about it before responding now. I think that perhaps what I should try once more is medication, maybe something stronger this time. I'm depressed, I see all the symptoms and I hate it. I can't talk to others about it because it's, well, depressing to talk about. And I can't be this candid with my friends about this either, that'll just rain on everyone's parade.

You're right that I should think about myself first though, and that's what I try to do. Just do my own thing. But whenever I do that, that's when I start getting all those questions about whether I'm alright and so on. I'm naturally just a reserved and relaxed person for the most part. *shrug* I'll go see my doctor again and we'll try the medication route again, it's the only real option that I have at this point.

Okay. Thanks again guys, I'm going away and hopefully I never come back, haha. Maybe I just spend too much time on the internet and it's depressing news and arguments. thanks again for listening, I really needed that last night. I've set up an appointment with my doctor for January(Christmas season unfortunately) and we'll try medication one last time. To Kreed, I really got you man. This whole education thing is incredibly stressful and seems like it'll take forever, but a part of me actually does want to do it too though. I can step back and go at it again until it happens, I'm not giving up on that. To everyone else, thank you very much again for the support and thoughts. I sincerely appreciate it.

My plan upon thinking about it more, is to spend less time on the internet unless it has to do with something like school or job hunting. Increase my workouts again to get that relief that it gives. Go out more often with my friends, and really focus on school stuff. I think a part of the problem is that I spend more time worrying instead of keeping myself busy.

Thanks again, goodbye?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. Thanks again guys, I'm going away and hopefully I never come back, haha. Maybe I just spend too much time on the internet and it's depressing news and arguments. thanks again for listening, I really needed that last night. I've set up an appointment with my doctor for January(Christmas season unfortunately) and we'll try medication one last time. To Kreed, I really got you man. This whole education thing is incredibly stressful and seems like it'll take forever, but a part of me actually does want to do it too though. I can step back and go at it again until it happens, I'm not giving up on that. To everyone else, thank you very much again for the support and thoughts. I sincerely appreciate it.

My plan upon thinking about it more, is to spend less time on the internet unless it has to do with something like school or job hunting. Increase my workouts again to get that relief that it gives. Go out more often with my friends, and really focus on school stuff. I think a part of the problem is that I spend more time worrying instead of keeping myself busy.

Thanks again, goodbye?

Happy trails and wishing you the best. Best of luck, and my thoughts are with you for what it's worth. Don't be a stranger, pop in and say hey. We're all pulling for you.

Kreed

I like where I am, it's a quite and peaceful city. It's small, but nice. I am honestly reading what you guys write, and I have re-read your post several times and thought about it before responding now. I think that perhaps what I should try once more is medication, maybe something stronger this time. I'm depressed, I see all the symptoms and I hate it. I can't talk to others about it because it's, well, depressing to talk about. And I can't be this candid with my friends about this either, that'll just rain on everyone's parade.

You're right that I should think about myself first though, and that's what I try to do. Just do my own thing. But whenever I do that, that's when I start getting all those questions about whether I'm alright and so on. I'm naturally just a reserved and relaxed person for the most part. *shrug* I'll go see my doctor again and we'll try the medication route again, it's the only real option that I have at this point.

It's depressing but it can be very helpful to share your feelings with someone, even if it's one really close friend. I've had friends/family who have been depressed before and just having someone to talk to in a time of need that won't judge them and will help them figure things out helps a lot. I don't know if you have any close friends like that but I guarantee if they are like me, they'll just be glad to help you out.

Otherwise talk to your doctor/therapist/etc... Getting medication if it helps is good, but there's nothing wrong with sharing with a professional what you shared with us.

Thanks again, goodbye?

I hope you mean it CD. Focus on being happy again and making your life more enjoyable. Just don't let your mind trick you into thinking you're trapped and don't settle on the easy paths. You're young and have a lot more resources than other people/children across the world who start their lives over with much much less.

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Cousin-in-law got murdered. She was in the FBI and was working through Law School. Nobody is sure what happened just yet. Just recently gifted her parents a Caddy.

Wf9acEB.png

Did not expect my reason to go to Ohio for the first time in years to be because of a funeral. Her parents are beyond devastated, as you all can imagine.

RedSwirl

Damn good post.

Being a President is hard enough as it is. Obama being black is playing this shit on master ninja difficulty.

What was that Chris Rock said about letting it all drop...

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Cousin-in-law got murdered. She was in the FBI and was working through Law School. Nobody is sure what happened just yet. Just recently gifted her parents a Caddy.

Wf9acEB.png

Did not expect my reason to go to Ohio for the first time in years to be because of a funeral. Her parents are beyond devastated, as you all can imagine.

...God damn.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

wow... really sorry to hear that man.

Onemic

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

condolences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom