• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Cousin-in-law got murdered. She was in the FBI and was working through Law School. Nobody is sure what happened just yet. Just recently gifted her parents a Caddy.

Wf9acEB.png

Did not expect my reason to go to Ohio for the first time in years to be because of a funeral. Her parents are beyond devastated, as you all can imagine.

Damn sorry to hear AJ.

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Cousin-in-law got murdered. She was in the FBI and was working through Law School. Nobody is sure what happened just yet. Just recently gifted her parents a Caddy.

Wf9acEB.png

Did not expect my reason to go to Ohio for the first time in years to be because of a funeral. Her parents are beyond devastated, as you all can imagine.

Damn bro sorry to hear that. My condolences

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I hope your family finds justice and closure, DV. Something that terrible happening to a loved one must be devastating.

Slayven

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

My condolences

Kreed

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

:( My condolences to you and your family Dreams.

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

Condolences fam.. that's really messed up :(

sorry DV :( my condolences to her family breh

and in some positive developments.... not really, but there's a wild Jandro roaming around my apartment complex.

andthebeatgoeson

It's depressing but it can be very helpful to share your feelings with someone, even if it's one really close friend. I've had friends/family who have been depressed before and just having someone to talk to in a time of need that won't judge them and will help them figure things out helps a lot. I don't know if you have any close friends like that but I guarantee if they are like me, they'll just be glad to help you out.

Otherwise talk to your doctor/therapist/etc... Getting medication if it helps is good, but there's nothing wrong with sharing with a professional what you shared with us.
Cosign with my social.

I felt like a bitch and cried my eyes out the first 10 times but nothing beats getting this shit off your chest. Telling people I picked my spot I was going to commit suicide (jump off a garage). Then I figured that had a chance to 'fail'. So I picked another spot (Ben Franklin Bridge). I figured I wasn't going to survive that no matter what.

Some times I just tell people because I get worked up knowing someone else is in that hole. Waking up and not even having memories in color; just dull ass grey and not enjoying anything.

Sometimes I tell people because it's therapeutic to me. Fuck you, I feel entitled to do some me shit after suffering for years.

Either way, telling this to others helped me. Depression is one of those things where different things work for different people. Meds may not do it. Or they might. Either way, Crush and Dreams, I don't know you cats but I care cuz of how much that shit hurts. Just a dull fucking ache when you are not sure when it started or how it got there. But that shit hurts worse. You wish it was a broken bone. You would have hope if it would be temporary.

But fuck depression. It's worse than cancer. Because most people recognize cancer. But a ton of people have depression and it has a stigma and a ton of people don't know how to support you.

I wouldn't wish any of it on you but with cancer? They'll organize a walk, host a concert, tell you to go to a doctor, send you flowers. Depression? 'Keep your head up', 'things will get better'. 60 years ago, they would lock you up in an asylum and nobody in the family would talk about you, like you got *****_'d.

Edit: condolences, dv

Young Magus

You the real MVPs Kreed & Skinnyrattler.

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

Yo sorry to hear that man. My condolences to you and your family for your loss. Hope the parents pull though.

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

Your cousin-in-law looks like my sister. My condolences on your family's loss.

----

Speaking of an earlier conversation about console exclusivity, apparently Microsoft is publishing Rise of the Tomb Raider. So you're looking at a year at least.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Wf9acEB.png

my condolences dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom