• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Hello fellas. Been on neogaf for a couple of years(idk which year tho) and its only just this year I even thought about if there was a black community of some sort. So once I found about this thread, some time around OT8, started lurking and I felt like I missed a lot. But man you guys(and the bear) crack me up. So this is a quick wats up to BCT. Im on mobile so I will make another post with answers to the OPs questions or something like that.

Imm0rt4l

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n4vs1zf6Ci1r8cav3.mp4#_=_

relationship goals

Hello fellas. Been on neogaf for a couple of years(idk which year tho) and its only just this year I even thought about if there was a black community of some sort. So once I found about this thread, some time around OT8, started lurking and I felt like I missed a lot. But man you guys(and the bear) crack me up. So this is a quick wats up to BCT. Im on mobile so I will make another post with answers to the OPs questions or something like that.

Welcome to the party man.

You singled out the bear but not the horse... Filed and understood.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Come on in, make yourself at home. Glad to have some new blood on board.

RP912

Banned

welcome...looking forward to your answer of KFC or Popeyes

Crown Friend Chicken>>>>>>>all

dDmchrE.jpg

50 STAY a fool. LOL smh...

Fuck 50 and fuck that movie.

Jacir

Where you're from- Sao Tome & Principe, Africa

Where you live- New York City, living under a bridge most of life on that little place called Roosevelt Island since mid 90s

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Sao Tome & Principe, gained independence from Portugal almost 40 yes ago. So i have a strong lusoafrican culture wise. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in portuguese but I can understand and read stuff. Lineage n genealogy is something I'm terrible with. I know my family is big, so that lineage is certainly huge. And coming from an island country with almost 200,000, its easy to get to know your relatives for those who are good with that stuff. I love the mix of African and Portuguese food. So so good.

Do you know your roots- same as above I guess

Your Age- 23

Favorite musical genre- don't know really but mostly hip-hop, r&b, etc, dislike country

Your profession/major/career interest- don't have a degree in anything. Tried college twice. Decided to take it slow. Really want to get into programming but I have no respectable PC for that. Want to make games. I like the technical shit behind games too much to ignore it

Your religious affiliation- Christianity

Hobbies- videogames, basketball,

Oh and I can't remember the last time I went KFC or Popeyes. But fried chicken is medicine for the soul even though I'm not american.

I don't know who she is but props to dude.

On the same subject, was listening to old J.Cole and remembered his bar
"Dreaming of the day of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me".

Randomly decided to call up (facetime actually) an old flame (She got engaged 2 years back then dude flaked, they had a daughter who is 2 now)

Me: "Would you go to popeyes for me?"
Unfortunately those multiple degree holding AKAs pulling bank chicks just can't say yes or no because they're so extra.
Her: "Why am I going to popeyes crazy?"
Me: "I just need to know, if I needed popeyes would you go?"
Her: "Do you need popeyes?"
Me: "…would you go?"
Her: "Why are you asking me this?"
Me: "Just answer, it's from a song."
Her: "This sounds dangerous"
Me: "It's a J.Cole song"
Her: "Who?"
Me "Oh my god, I just want to know would you go to popeyes for me?!"
Her: "If you needed me to, yes. I would go to popeyes for you…"
Me: :3
Her: "You're crazy"
Me: :3 :3 :3 :3
Her: "Now tell me this song and why you asked me this"
Me: "In the song J.Cole says 'Dreaming of the days of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me' so I felt it necessary to ask."
Her: "…really"
Me: "I had to know"
Her: "Well now you do, and I'm hanging up now. Bye crazy"
*end*

Where you live- New York City, living under a bridge most of life on that little place called Roosevelt Island since mid 90s

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Sao Tome & Principe, gained independence from Portugal almost 40 yes ago. So i have a strong lusoafrican culture wise. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in portuguese but I can understand and read stuff. Lineage n genealogy is something I'm terrible with. I know my family is big, so that lineage is certainly huge. And coming from an island country with almost 200,000, its easy to get to know your relatives for those who are good with that stuff. I love the mix of African and Portuguese food. So so good.

Your Age- 23

Favorite musical genre- don't know really but mostly hip-hop, r&b, etc, dislike country

Your profession/major/career interest- don't have a degree in anything. Tried college twice. Decided to take it slow. Really want to get into programming but I have no respectable PC for that. Want to make games. I like the technical shit behind games too much to ignore it

Oh and I can't remember the last time I went KFC or Popeyes. But fried chicken is medicine for the soul even though I'm not american.

Welcome.

Ugh, just fucking kill me now.

??

royalan

I don't know who she is but props to dude.

On the same subject, was listening to old J.Cole and remembered his bar
"Dreaming of the day of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me".

Randomly decided to call up (facetime actually) an old flame (She got engaged 2 years back then dude flaked, they had a daughter who is 2 now)

Me: "Would you go to popeyes for me?"
Unfortunately those multiple degree holding AKAs pulling bank chicks just can't say yes or no because they're so extra.
Her: "Why am I going to popeyes crazy?"
Me: "I just need to know, if I needed popeyes would you go?"
Her: "Do you need popeyes?"
Me: "…would you go?"
Her: "Why are you asking me this?"
Me: "Just answer, it's from a song."
Her: "This sounds dangerous"
Me: "It's a J.Cole song"
Her: "Who?"
Me "Oh my god, I just want to know would you go to popeyes for me?!"
Her: "If you needed me to, yes. I would go to popeyes for you…"
Her: "You're crazy"
Me: :3 :3 :3 :3
Her: "Now tell me this song and why you asked me this"
Me: "In the song J.Cole says 'Dreaming of the days of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me' so I felt it necessary to ask."
Her: "…really"
Me: "I had to know"
Her: "Well now you do, and I'm hanging up now. Bye crazy"
*end*

ibulacEzKh65n2.gif

jWILL253

Banned

I shall remain cryptic about the current struggle to save myself from sounding like a proud, card-carrying, membership jacket-owning member of LonelyGAF. No, instead, I shall write some Smilez & Southstar-approved sad & lonely bars for a guest verse on Project Viktor's mixtape...

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ugh, just fucking kill me now.

bruh, you cant just drop shit like this especially after the depression discussion earlier.

Whats on your mind young blood?

I shall remain cryptic about the current struggle to save myself from sounding like a proud, card-carrying, membership jacket-owning member of LonelyGAF. No, instead, I shall write some Smilez & Southstar-approved sad & lonely bars for a guest verse on Project Viktor's mixtape...

I see so drake ... nah man stay up. you gonna bounce back and be knee deep.

sorry for your loss DV.

I'm sure you'll be the shining star of the mixtape young sir, because Viktor is definitely the Chingy of BCT.

Onemic

Your Age- 23

Welcome!

Just a heads up though, this

Really want to get into programming but I have no respectable PC for that

Isnt true. You could program on any PC.

Cat

Good luck, CD.

Also, bad news, brehs.

Cousin-in-law got murdered. She was in the FBI and was working through Law School. Nobody is sure what happened just yet. Just recently gifted her parents a Caddy.

Wf9acEB.png

Did not expect my reason to go to Ohio for the first time in years to be because of a funeral. Her parents are beyond devastated, as you all can imagine.

My condolences to you and your family.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Onemic is right. There's even free IDE software like Code::Blocks and compilers that you can use to get started on C++. Link here. Tons of beginning tutorial videos on YouTube and stuff that will also walk you through making simple programs all the way up to designing game stuff.

jWILL253

Banned
Guest verse:

Me and Viktor was in the studio listenin' to beats like, "Dat's dat shit, mane!"
Then I walk out the studio to go and take a piss, first thing I saw was yo bitch, mane.
But she's hit, mane, I tried to dodge from her glance like Hit-Mane, but she's quick, mane.
She was built like blimp, mane. Should've calmed down from all those biscuits and grits, mane.
But homegirl straight up defies the laws of physics, to be so big AND slick, mane.
She did about 3 or 4 backflips, then split my shit with a roundhouse kick, mane.
It was blood I spit, mane. I'm sittin' there looking like "I can't believe this shit, mane."
She asked me if I wanna see a flick, mane.
I just look at her like, "Das it, mane..."

Spinluck

The Zelda U gameplay thread made me contemplate quitting gaming side for a while. I have a hard time believing that most of GAF consist of adults at times.

Guest verse:

Me and Viktor was in the studio listenin' to beats like, "Dat's dat shit, mane!"
Then I walk out the studio to go and take a piss, first thing I saw was yo bitch, mane.
But she's hit, mane, I tried to dodge from her glance like Hit-Mane, but she's quick, mane.
She was built like blimp, mane. Should've calmed down from all those biscuits and grits, mane.
But homegirl straight up defies the laws of physics, to be so big AND slick, mane.
She did about 3 or 4 backflips, then split my shit with a roundhouse kick, mane.
It was blood I spit, mane. I'm sittin' there looking like "I can't believe this shit, mane."
She asked me if I wanna see a flick, mane.
I just look at her like, "Das it, mane..."

g73baol.png

gaming-side is wack. if it aint bloodborne then it aint shit apparently.

gotta admit though the witcher 3 delay has me disappointed. but it's pretty cool timing how the two GOTY candidates are releasing in the middle of the summer, a sign of things to come?

xnipx

Why are certain black people "ok" with the idea that an issue isn't really important unless it affects white people too and make sure to point that out so things aren't seen as a race issue?? Is Charlemagne really this much of a Tom or is he just in it for the checks?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People are shitting on the Witcher? Pure ignorance.

jWill I rolled my eyes at your verse but I can't lie that was pretty amusing.

Jacir

Thanks for the welcome. I'll check that website onemic and jackben. Seriously tho, I barely use the family PC anymore(no one does either), it is ancient being more than a decade. I don't even know what to do with it. My 1st gen moto g is more powerful than that pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom