• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Always knew Mumei was Bish's alter ego.

One liner posts or 75,000 word epics. There is no in-between.

That girl is too dark.
eiUCWMR.jpg

jWILL253

Banned
I'm more like Cyhi the Prince. Obscure as fuck and no one is aware that I exist most of the time, but droppin' straight piff on the low.

Slay - Amli
Htown - Beenie Sigal
Stro - Memphis Bleek
DreamDrop - Dame Dash
besada - Jay Z

FreeMusfas - Old Dirty Bastard
Storm Chambers - Masta Killia
J10 - Cappadonna
Angel - GZA
Satch - Rza
G-Fex - Methond Man
Me - Inspectah Deck
Rev - Gorbachev Killah
Silky - U-God

Kreed - Royce da 5'9"
Dy - Crooked I
Moris - Joell Ortiz
Jandro - Groupie
JC - Joe Budden
Vince - Yelawolf

Mumei - Yasiin Bey (only)
Bish - Mos Def (only)

Bored at work if not obvious also not accurate

I demand to be Yasiin Bey.

finished watching American History X, as yall said its nothing i havent already known before, but its still a decent film imo. i cant help but feel it woulda made a stronger impact for me if i had seen it at the time of release though.

cdyhybrid

I am getting fucked up tonight. Work's been dumping all these projects on me last minute and I have to scramble to finish them in time because they keep dumping new shit on me.

Spinluck

Made my "I don't like Zelda" thread.

ibmGyc51XARHk0.gif

I wish I had permission to actually troll them instead of just state my opinion, but trolling on gaming side is instant death if Sunny is anything to go by. Someone might have hinted at me being a possible sociopath.

To be frank, I do not see the point of the thread.

Like, if you don't like Zelda, you don't like Zelda. Them telling you what you're missing or not understanding probably won't change much.

Your OP kind of sets up the thread to have those post, and well, you know, Gaming Side. :lol

TheDanger

Banned
So I don't want to offend anyone in here, but wouldn't a white culture thread be considered incredibly racist? I've always wondered about it when I saw this thread popping up.

Trey

So I don't want to offend anyone in here, but wouldn't a white culture thread be considered incredibly racist?

White culture is mainstream - it's everywhere and in everything. White people and their interests are well represented and firmly entrenched. There is no need for a white culture thread; white culture is default. It's simply culture.

Whereas minorities who have little representation in media, little power, almost no leverage in society, carve out "safe spaces" for like minds and hearts to congregate and share experience. When marginalized, the fringe comes together under a common cause, because it is necessary. Else, their individuality and even culture erodes and is subsumed, or even perverted.

Malyse

Big butts do nothing for me. Not against them, but not a fiend for them like you people are.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
Today, 04:09 PM

Shocking.
White culture is mainstream - it's everywhere and in everything. White people and their interests are well represented and firmly entrenched. There is no need for a white culture thread; white culture is default. It's simply culture.

Whereas minorities who have little representation in media, little power, almost no leverage in society, carve out "safe spaces" for like minds and hearts to congregate and share experience. When marginalized, the fringe comes together under a common cause, because it is necessary. Else, their individuality and even culture erodes and is subsumed, or even perverted.

That irony when black people originated almost everything that white people appropriated as their "culture". What is white culture anyway?

strobogo

Banned

I kind of disagree. In my mind, white culture is the love and celebration of stupid shit like guns, pumpkin spice lattes, sweat/yoga pants, and Whole Foods.

Malyse

You know your fav is practically irrelevant when she doesn't even have a page on dc comics.

in fact none of the old legion seem to.
You wanna talk about irrelevant faves? My Marvel faves are Abigail Boylen, Layla Miller, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, and Laura Kinney (aka X-23).

Kreed

So I don't want to offend anyone in here, but wouldn't a white culture thread be considered incredibly racist? I've always wondered about it when I saw this thread popping up.

Adding on to what Trey said, on this forum it is assumed that everyone is white until proven otherwise and most threads cater to white males. It's similar to the argument of White Entertainment Television in the US. The majority of television shows on US Television focus on white audiences, so why would you need a television channel catering to white audiences?

You wanna talk about irrelevant faves? My Marvel faves are Abigail Boylen, Layla Miller, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, and Laura Kinney (aka X-23).

Molly Hayes is apart of the Future Brotherhood of Evil..

X-23 is in Cyclop's/ Kitty's X-men/Uncanny X-men, and in Logan's Legacy titles.

rest of your favs are kinda interesting.

i dunno.

I love Psylocke, X-23, Oya, Shark Girl, Nova, Gamora, Fantomex & Shulkie.

Besada is the last of the legion fans.

My only experience with the Legion is with the Cartoon and their cameos in the Justice League Unlimited related cartoons.

I read maybe 3 of the nu52 series, seriously blechk.

Malyse

Molly Hayes is apart of the Future Brotherhood of Evil..

X-23 is in Cyclop's/ Kitty's X-men/Uncanny X-men, and in Logan's Legacy titles.

rest of your favs are kinda interesting.

i dunno.

I love Psylocke, X-23, Oya, Shark Girl, Nova, Gamora, Fantomex & Shulkie.
I meant on a name recognition level. X23 is only getting big lately what with MVC3 and the like. I liked her back in NYX.

I kind of disagree. In my mind, white culture is the love and celebration of stupid shit like guns, pumpkin spice lattes, sweat/yoga pants, and Whole Foods.

Nah that's just you stereotyping like whoa. That's like saying black culture is about celebrating people getting out of jail, not going to college, EBT and having 4 kids before you're 20. You know if anyone said that shit, you'd be heated af.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
White culture is the default and thus needs no celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom