• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
No... what abuse.

Sasuke wasn't around most of the time/ didn't give a shit she existed

What abuse.

You mean the time they fought.

BECAUSE THEY WERE NINJAS

You wanna calm down a little? It's a cartoon. I'm just trying to rationalize the overreactions over this and think it's not a big deal whether she did or didn't hook up with some anime douchebag.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From sane to crazy in one sentence. Amazing.

I'm gonna read the shit out of this at lunch, in between getting my testosterone injection. More testosterone probably means I'll hate beta Parker even more.

Village

You wanna calm down a little? It's a cartoon. I'm just trying to rationalize the overreactions here and think it's not a big deal whether she did or didn't hook up with some anime douchebag.

I very much am.

The caps may have been misleading .

I'm sorry about that, i'm not 100% serious about this.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Not many considering they didn't see each other alot.

Not many is still one time to many, especially considering how he just knocked her the fuck out to go kill one of the people whom had her back, a couple of chapters ago.

Actually technically about... twice, he wanted to destroy the leaf village/ when he wanted to cut his ties with naruto. Every other time he fought anyone he didn't really care about killing them rather he just wanted them out of the way, he wanted to kill the kage's though . So 3 times. And I would not count orichimaru, danzo, madara, obito, tsuyomi lady and itachi as her loved ones

So...three times to many. Gotcha.

None because he ignored her and wasn't around her most of the time. And didn't care that she existed really and was after his own goals.

They were supposed to be teammates, compatriots, and holding shit down together. All he ever did was throw her in the bushes, whenever they communicated.

You mean that time he saw his whole family die, and found out some one set him up to either to become complacent/danzo food or a terrorist.

And this doesn't make him a monster, how? Pretty sure I can go through an entire roster of characters that had some form of sadass backstory, and are still classed as villains at the end of the day.
b3yMz8h.png

I stopped watching weeks ago close to the end of the Pain saga (Jiraiya stuff aside, wasn't as good as people said to be quite honest). My take is that it's not unrealistic or unusual that she still hooked up with him after years of abuse... because that stuff happens all the time in real life. The manga creator's reasoning for putting them together in the end (fan service? silly "love triumphs" motive?) is a whole other issue.

Oh I know. Even then, at some point, there was something there for the other person to see. With this, there was nothing written at any point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
eh don't put too much stock in Naruto, it's a kids show. it doesn't have to make any sense. kids don't care about this stuff.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeeeeeeeep

Story is over and that means these characters lives are over. Time to pair them off into ideal nuclear families to live out the rest of their perfect lives free of any further conflict.

I'm trying to think of a cartoon that doesn't do this. One example that comes to mind is Korra.

The DCAU didn't have everybody just live happily ever after, either, but that's probably because Batman Beyond came around before they did Justice League

Village

Not many is still one time to many, especially considering how he just knocked her the fuck out to go kill one of the people whom had her back, a couple of chapters ago.
So...three times to many. Gotcha.
They were supposed to be teammates, compatriots, and holding shit down together. All he ever did was throw her in the bushes, whenever they communicated.

I said it before, and please may you realize with this statement i am not 100 percent serious. Because to have a serious argument about this, requires me to care about sakura... and eh.

But uh, they run... a war economy at any point villages could be at war. People trying to kill you , has a high forgivable thresh hold in the ninja world. I assume is flirting for them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, maybe it's just that my total Naruto exposure is like 30 to 40 episodes from the middle of the anime, but I don't even understand why she cares about Sasuke all that much other than the fact she thinks he's cute or something.

The short answer is that the author establishes a basic love triangle early on, and then never developes it beyond that.

jmood88

BCT let's come to a consensus on Mia Love.

Are we giving her the Herman Cain treatment or the Michael Steele treatment?

Something tells me this is going to end horrible for her as far as public scrutiny. WHY IS SHE A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH? I'm never going to hear the end of this from the people I really fuck with. "Don't tell me you on that fuck shit she talking about as well."
<--- I have to look forward to years of this.

If she has a condescending persecution complex now then wait for the backlash she's going to get if her public persona is half of what her public statements make her out to be.

She's definitely a Herman Cain type of black conservative. While Michael Steele is clearly conservative in his thinking, he didn't believe half the shit he said when he was running the RNC and has become a much cooler guy since he doesn't have to pretend like he actually supports everything the republicans do. Mia Love is crazy and if she doesn't believe what she's saying, then she's a very good actress.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
eh don't put too much stock in Naruto, it's a kids show. it doesn't have to make any sense. kids don't care about this stuff.

I don't, but I hate this excuse so much.

If you've ever had to explain to a little kid why something happens a certain way, in regards to something they've watched, you'd know that's not always the truth.

Eh, I need that new Isaac. I forgot all about that update.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Naruto's ending is plucked straight out of a fanfic. Utter shite.

Y'all should've seen this coming.

Agreed.

Most fucked up part is Sasuke with Sakura. God that's appalling.

I do wonder what the folks who have been going apeshit all this time will do when it's finally over. I mean, it's over now. What are you gonna do? Jesus, I feel relieved that I let it go years back. Can't imagine clinging to garbage like this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit that Naruto manga thread is 50 shades of disgusting in there right now. People pissed off, angry that a character gains weight. wtf. and of course the cism party from earlier.

Shit that Naruto manga thread is 50 shades of disgusting in there right now. People pissed off, angry that a character gains weight. wtf. and of course the cism party from earlier.
Barely anyone even replied to me when I pointed it out in there as far as the cism goes.

Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

ReiGun

Regarding Naruto:
I just can't believe my man Lee lost to a dude that literally tried to kill Sakura. scust

Also, Sai? Ino lost.

So we got the oldest NFL cheerleader sleeping with a 15 year old dude she met on instagram. Idris elba spoiling cameos in Age of ultron....

What some shit to wake up to.

And Sakura turned into monique from 2 can play that game. Lol. At least how you cats described her and Ole sasuke.

Village

"looks like a slut"

I'm sorry I forgot the diction my bad. Ino should have put a shirt on apparently.

Regarding Naruto:
I just can't believe my man Lee lost to a dude that literally tried to kill Sakura. scust

Naw

Sasuke Took the L to save lee. Lee ends up with a clone of himself. The only one who can handle him.Also as I mentioned before trying to kill someone in ninja land has to have a higher forgiveness threshold than reality.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So basically I get a fun day of watch people meltdown over Naruto? Heh.

Tbh, for me it's not about the manga or anything, it's about an abusive relationship being made official in a manga aimed at kids.

I haven't cared about this series for years, but hearing about stuff like that is so gross.

Malyse

Is Naruto definitely over or still going through its last few issues?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690
Tbh, for me it's not about the manga or anything, it's about an abusive relationship being made official in a manga aimed at kids.

I haven't cared about this series for years, but hearing about stuff like that is so gross.

Addendum: as well as be warned about people who I don't ever want to associate with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And Sakura turned into monique from 2 can play that game. Lol. At least how you cats described her and Ole sasuke.

This is making me laugh way too much than it should

Yeah, it really sets a template for a lot of impressionable people that things will be ok no matter what you do. Cycle of abuse, it has bigger implications. Really a shame.

Village

it's about an abusive relationship being made official in a manga aimed at kids.

I have no idea about that.

Its more of a one sided nothing relationship that makes sakura look worse, and peoples opinion of kishimoto in relationship to women. Like I Don't know if i can call it abusive because they are ninjas and they fight. And when they fought they were enemies, and most of the time he didn't care about her. Doesn't justify that relationship.

I don't know if I would call it abuse.

Like this is an issue, with like super hero comics, like if super heroes fight... and then get together. Like what is that technically, like is that abuse, I don't know what to label that. Because thats like buisness to them.

Trey

I have no idea about that.

Sasuke induced violent hallucinations in Sakura that consisted of him stabbing her to death just so she would stop talking over him when he announced to Naruto that he was going to kill him and enslave the world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's easily abuse, not even a question to me

Village

Sasuke induced violent hallucinations in Sakura that consisted of him stabbing her to death just so she would stop talking over him when he announced to Naruto that he was going to kill him and enslave the world.

* Remembers that *

Well shit yeah thats abuse.

Sorry sauce I can't really defend you on that one.

Edit; They weren't in a relationship, but that is sociopathic. Time skip, maybe they got past it? I dunno naruto forgave obito , maybe sasuke gives sick ass apologies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
*sigh*

Well anyway, I'm over it. Most manga now has taken strides to be better with female characters so maybe it's nothing to worry about. Moving on.

I just learned that Hey Arnold! Had been cancelled back in the day. I thought it ended. I'm so late to this news lol but I wonder why they cancelled it...

Village

LMAO, you did your best at least.

I'm quick to defend sauce ,but they got me.

They weren't in a relationship, but still that's messed up. That jutsu is messed up.

Hmm , I mean kishimoto could... I dunno in like another movie show... sasuke becoming not crazy show how people can recover from damaged relationships. But he's not going to do that.

J10

Banned
Khloe Kardashian has 14 million followers on Instagram purely on the strength of being related to the woman who made a sex tape with a d-list R&B singer.

And that's why I don't get mad when people say they think voting is pointless.

Khloe Kardashian has 14 million followers on Instagram purely on the strength of being related to the woman who made a sex tape with a d-list R&B singer.

What is the point of life

G-Fex

No

It needs to get stupider

When its stops making more money than its ever made before, maybe that will be a legitimate suggestion.

" man this super popular successful thing that a lot of people enjoy should die, instead of me just finding a new piece of entertainment because it does not fall inline with my preferences anymore"

Neogaf motto

Yeah no I'm pretty fucking sure I'm not wrong. Dead and BURIED.

I actually like Dead Aim, it's stupid fun and the only resident evil game where you can get grabbed by more than one zombie at a time.

Slayven

In that mood again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah no I'm pretty fucking sure I'm not wrong. Dead and BURIED.

I actually like Dead Aim, it's stupid fun and the only resident evil game where you can get grabbed by more than one zombie at a time.

Still waiting on the Madden Mob Tackle tech to make it to RE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom