• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys got to learn to just let people enjoy DmC.

I mean just look at how tolerant of rising fans I am.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DmC did so much right. It was a reboot worth doing, visually striking, cleverly done onboarding sections, soundtrack was far better than any previous DMC game (and I'm not a fan of comparing the two, really, but that soundtrack was incredible) - great game, fun to play, fun to watch. Feels like the only people who really hated it were ones who loved the previous games and wanted more. "Well it isn't DMC to me" - bad news, it is, and you don't get a say in it.

Village

TcBF0tv.png

Uncle Dante interesting?

Yes,he and nero and virgil 3 made me wanna play the game. They interesting who were they and what did they want i this situation.

Neo dante is just like eh, and I'm usually for edgy/ existential shit.

Titan mode on GoW2 will always be the worst Super Hard playthrough of a character action game.

So....so tedious. Theseus...the Barbarian King...the gauntlet...why did I beat that

Village

. Feels like the only people who really hated it were ones who loved the previous games and wanted more. "Well it isn't DMC to me" - bad news, it is, and you don't get a say in it.
Well they did

It sold less than than old ones, thats the biggest say.

MONEY

Fans: we don't want this

CAPCOM: Oh shit apparently you don't whos new dante we don't know. Lets put old dante in all of our marketing again, nope nope nope nope

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think DmC was close enough to dmc. And it made some pretty needed system updates to the series to bring it inline with modern games.

I mean yeah the enemies and the weapons are wack. All of them. Yeah the art is gross. Yeah angel and demon arms being a held trigger toggles is stupid on top of color coded enemies. Yeah the game is so piss easy you can play it one handed.

But to most people it was close enough. It made air combos more accessible than in any previous game and really that's all some people expect out of a dmc game. Can't hate on them for delivering

Village

I think DmC was close enough to dmc. And it made some pretty needed system updates to the series to bring it inline with modern games.

I mean yeah the enemies and the weapons are wack. Yeah the art is gross. Yeah angel and demon arms being a toggle is stupid on top of color coded enemies. Yeah the game is spissss easy you can play it one handed.

But to most people it was close enough. It made air combos more accessible than in any previous game and really that's all some people expect out of a dmc game. Can't hate on them for delivering

You are gonna need some evidence for that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You are gonna need some evidence for that.

Outside of the realm of "hardcore dmc fans" most people couldn't tell the difference. It was a reboot along the lines of tomb raider. No one questions that shit.

Any "evidence" I have of that is completely anecdotal. But I mean the game still sold over a million copies and people want a sequel. It was close enough for most folks

Village

Outside of the realm of "hardcore dmc fans" most people couldn't tell the difference. It was a reboot along the lines of tomb raider. No one questions that shit.

One I would argue that DMC is a bit more... neiche-ey than tomb raider, two it did sell a significant amount less. Not saying everyone who didn't buy it were action game masters but maybe a lot of people weren't feeling it.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Any "evidence" I have of that is completely anecdotal. But I mean the game still sold over a million copies and people want a sequel. It was close enough for most folks

I can guarantee you that those "hardcore dmc fans" were the majority of DmC sales.

And I can tell you right now that Capcom probably wants to forget DmC happened.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
One I would argue that DMC is a bit more... neiche-ey than tomb raider, two it did sell a significant amount less. Not saying everyone who didn't buy it were action game masters but maybe a lot of people weren't feeling it.

You're just drawing the conclusions you want to from the sales figures.

Ignoring that one game came out at the start of a console generation at the peak of its franchise's popularity.

The other came out at the tail end of one at a point where game sales are down across the board.

Both DmC and dmc 4 reviewed about the same bruh.

After playing DMC3 for the first time a few months back, I don't see what was so archaic about it other what..old school RE camera angles?

The game required a bit of execution but it was easy enough to get down as you played. If you were just running through normal mode you didn't need half of the stuff anyways.

Village

You're just drawing the conclusions you want to from the sales figures.

Ignoring that one game came out at the start of a console generation at the peak of its franchise's popularity.

The other came out at the tail end of one at a point where game sales are down across the board.

Both DmC and dmc 4 reviewed about the same bruh.

The bolded isn't an excuse.

And reviews matter how?You know sonic games sells millions so... your review point is... I don't even I don't even know what you are trying to say with that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DMC3 on PC is archaic as fuck, but still a great game. Really enjoyed 3, even 4 even though there was a lot of crummy shit in it. Still fun to play. All that being said, DmC got a bad rap.

besada

Banned
I blame Dallas and Austin for Wendy Davis losing simply for my dislike of Dallas

Dallas County went for Davis 54%, while Travis County went for her at 63%. It's all the parts of Texas other than Dallas, Austin, El Paso, and SW Texas that gave us Abbott.

Even Houston went for Abbott.

Silky

Banned
That Naruto ending bringing out the 'cism already.

Crazy how a black character can make so many people so mad. (Granted that Kishimoto design
of Choji/Karui's daugher
is /pretty/ bad.

Furyous

BCT let's come to a consensus on Mia Love.

Are we giving her the Herman Cain treatment or the Michael Steele treatment?

Something tells me this is going to end horrible for her as far as public scrutiny. WHY IS SHE A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH? I'm never going to hear the end of this from the people I really fuck with. "Don't tell me you on that fuck shit she talking about as well."
<--- I have to look forward to years of this.

If she has a condescending persecution complex now then wait for the backlash she's going to get if her public persona is half of what her public statements make her out to be.

---

Let's talk fashion in the house. What do y'all wear around the house?

Village

Crazy how a black character can make so many people so mad. (Granted that Kishimoto design
of Choji/Karui's daugher
is /pretty/ bad.

I'm the only one hype like

YO, bigger black girl is a ninja, thats hype as shit!

Everyone else like " She look precocious "

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

of Choji/Karui's daugher
is /pretty/ bad.

what are people mad about? what did she do?

Cat

Dallas County went for Davis 54%, while Travis County went for her at 63%. It's all the parts of Texas other than Dallas, Austin, El Paso, and SW Texas that gave us Abbott.

Even Houston went for Abbott.

Same for San Antonio. =/

Slayven

Ino and Sai had a kid.

For reference:

Naruto x Hinata
Sasuke x Sakura
Temari x Shikamaru
Choji x Karui
Ino x Sai
Lee x Tenten possibly

You already know.

Must not have been paying attention I thought
Karui
was a dude

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
OH my god.

Yo cyber connect

Where my future naruto game at. I need to main this girl.

If shes anything like darui, she would be a beast.

And does orochimaru have a kid?

Ahh, nevermind i see who its supposed to be.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You guys copping Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? It's waiting at home for me, can't wait to play it.

mv6bBLq.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys copping Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? It's waiting at home for me, can't wait to play it.

It actually performs well for once. Old one ran like shit so it's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom