• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Woman hates Big dicks NSFW(?)

Slay be like;

a-chance.gif

If only Instagram came with a voter's card amirite.

the senate and house would probably be democratic strongholds after telling the 'gram fanbase that the repubs are the one's trying stifle internet speed and and data caps on mobile phones.

can't believe the only place 'murica has dem in the majority is the white house, because there is only one POTUS.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Folks are nutting up over this naruto news, damn. Was Parallax this mad when Arthur Jr died?

The last time i got mad at comics rather than dismissive was dcs bloodlines event. Bad books after that just got tossed in trash.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Today I gained new found appreciation for the relative competency of the writing in Legend of Korra.

Even the worst moments of season 2 of Korra were never anywhere close to the baseline level of awfulness that is Naruto.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I would ask how bad the shitstorms are but it's prolly not worth laughing about. It's really pretty sad when you think that people were actually sticking around solely for horribly written pairings.

DominoKid

Even the worst moments of season 2 of Korra were never anywhere close to the baseline level of awfulness that is Naruto.

That's why I never sweated how bad folks tried to act like that season was. Like yeah by Avatar standards it might not be great but compared to the competition ? Sheeeit.

Fandom be like that.

Yeah.

I think I first witnessed this sort of thing many years ago on some fansite an ex showed me dedicated to Cloud and Aerith from FFVII and went in-depth with multiple details why Cloud and Tifa were never and could never be a thing, since she really liked the Cloud/Aerith pairing.

Malyse

I would ask how bad the shitstorms are but it's prolly not worth laughing about. It's really pretty sad when you think that people were actually sticking around solely for horribly written pairings.
Naruto can be enjoyed on a sincere level, but Kishi would quite often lose the thread.

Kreed

Yoo. Why are there so many "I don't know what happened" posts in Lena Dumbass thread?

1- Way too many GAF members don't know how to use Google.
2- These same GAFers who don't know how to use Google do not know who Lena Dunham is and/or have not been following the Lena Dunham news about her abusing her sister.
3- OP has no info on Lena Dunham.

Naruto fans are killing me today. I thought the shipping fan base of Avatar was bad. This is OD.

The original Avatar cartoon ran for 3 years. Naruto has been running since 99. You KNEW that shit was building. Just wait until Bleach ends.

cdyhybrid

Yeah.

I think I first witnessed this sort of thing many years ago on some fansite an ex showed me dedicated to Cloud and Aerith from FFVII and went in-depth with multiple details why Cloud and Tifa were never and could never be a thing, since she really liked the Cloud/Aerith pairing.

Maybe Cloud doesn't like girls that are still alive.

DominoKid

The original Avatar cartoon ran for 3 years. Naruto has been running since 99. You KNEW that shit was building. Just wait until Bleach ends.

I never felt like the shipping aspect was that important to Bleach.I'm sure I'm totally wrong though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why people feel so strongly about shipping characters together. In a happy universe, everyone just beats off alone.

Maybe Cloud doesn't like girls that are still alive.

lol

It just interests me, the amount of energy people will use in support of pairings of fictional characters in video games and TV series: pairings that never come into fruition and anger about pairings that actually become canon. I can't judge it myself but the extreme cases are mind-boggling. You do what you do, at the end of the day... I guess.

Dallas County went for Davis 54%, while Travis County went for her at 63%. It's all the parts of Texas other than Dallas, Austin, El Paso, and SW Texas that gave us Abbott.

Even Houston went for Abbott.
Well of course Houston, it's blue for the most part for awhile now. Hell Sheila Jackson will never lose her seat in congress. Still doesn't seem right to win the 2 biggest population areas and still lose by 900k votes.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
naruto-693.JPG

four chapters later

tumblr_inline_neko0pMXPX1sjiprf.jpg

Ugh, this makes me nauseous. I knew someone who had been abused by her ex and would go back to him when he apologized. It was such a relief when she left him for good. Seeing stuff like this is an ugly reminder. Worst part is characters can't move on unless authors let them. Quite the tragedy.

Malyse

Ugh, this makes me nauseous. I knew someone who had been abused by her ex and would go back to him when he apologized. It was such a relief when she left him for good. Seeing stuff like this is an ugly reminder. Worst part is characters can't move on unless authors let them. Quite the tragedy.
Tangentially, this is one of the reasons How to get away with Murder is interesting.
quick question

over how long did that "four chapters" occur in-universe?

please tell me it was like

years

months

i'll take weeks at a pinch
I think it was like days? Like 1 or 2?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Tangentially, this is one of the reasons How to get away with Murder is interesting.

I haven't watched it yet. I'm sorry, I just have a lot of sympathy towards abuse victims of all kinds and I don't think I could stomach it be a reoccurring theme in any media. Once that type of thing hits close to home, it's hard to just shrug it off.

I have a friend who refuses to believe that Sakura was written poorly, and that she helped out in every chapter. These latest chapters are bringing the craziness to a boil.

Malyse

I haven't watched it yet. I'm sorry, I just have a lot of sympathy towards abuse victims of all kinds and I don't think I could stomach it be a reoccurring theme in any media. Once that type of thing hits close to home, it's hard to just shrug it off.
HTGAWM isn't about physical abuse, but rather emotional manipulation and loving someone who hurts you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom