• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

There are no words...

here .

Spoilers for anyone who actually cares.

Naruto and Hinata
. Okay, I can stomach that. They dealt with similar situations, lived that creep life, etc. Shit should have had some actual screen time with the two to make sense. Whatever.

LTvFsxs.png
@
Sasuke and Sakura.
This is gross. lol. Everybody knows he's the ain't shit dude you'd see on the board in walmart or the post office, back in the day, talking about missing child support payments. After all of that abuse, he gets off scott free. wow.

Village

There are no words...

Naruto and Hinata
. Okay, I can stomach that. They dealt with similar situations, lived that creep life, etc. Shit should have had some actual screen time with the two to make sense. Whatever.

LTvFsxs.png
@
Sasuke and Sakura.
This is gross. lol. Everybody knows he's the ain't shit dude you'd see on the board in walmart or the post office, back in the day, talking about missing child support payments. After all of that abuse, he gets off scott free. wow.

He did help, save the planet.

Nah sasuke that dude who grew up was aint shit , was successful and it confuses the shit out of you.

Also... time passed, they made amends, sasuke may have gotten the psychological help he needed. That sort of thing.

Akainu

Yes,he and nero and virgil 3 made me wanna play the game. They interesting who were they and what did they want i this situation.

Neo dante is just like eh, and I'm usually for edgy/ existential shit.

Bleh, neither nero or dante were good in 4. Dante especially. Vergil is ok but his story change annoys me, no one cares about continuity though.

So he is some sort of weird masochist?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I like that these kids are just jarring combinations of their parents features.

Oldschoolgamer

He did help, save the planet.

Nah sasuke that dude who grew up was aint shit , was successful and it confuses the shit out of you.

Also... time passed, they made amends, sasuke may have gotten the psychological help he needed. That sort of thing.

That dude degraded her and was abusive to her since they were children. This dude helps to save the world, and then tries to kill Naruto (not even five minutes afterwards), and she's supposed to just overlook that shit and let him knock her up?

I can see if he wrote Sasuke to have some redeeming qualities for her to see in him. He didn't though.

Silky

Banned
That dude degraded her and was abusive to her since they were children. This dude helps to save the world, and then tries to kill Naruto (not even five minutes afterwards), and she's supposed to just overlook that shit and let him knock her up?

I can see if he wrote Sasuke to have some redeeming qualities for her to see in him. He didn't though.

It's possible that kid COULD be Karin/Sasuke's kid, hence the glasses. At the same time...there's the Kakashi/Sakura possibility because lol Japan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, Spider-Man Blue get. Let's see if Peter Parker still ain't shit.

Trey

Kishimoto going down swinging. Everything about the ending of Naruto is insulting to the intelligence of his readers.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Was there even a set up for
chouji and kurai
? That just seems out of left field.

There's no set up for any of it. It's purely fanservice.

Kishimoto has directly denied some of these fan pairings in the past.

Village

He did write redeeming qualities, he is a resilient mother fucker. He has been through some shit, like some shit.
Like your family was killed on a whim and someone set you up for failure from the start shit.
And he beat all that shit.

Also she may understand sasuke's problems are psychological and have then tried to help him, and during that processes, they developed real feelings for each other

Like you seem to be conveniently forgetting sasuke is high on the , been through some shit o-meter.I don't know... maybe she understands. that happens ya know.

Edit: Before you say " there is a line to " remember this is a manga where shit on the level of asura's wrath happens and the economy is run by ninja war monger-ers who experimented on people . Wanting to kill people is like... spilling milk to them

Akainu

There's no set up for any of it. It's purely fanservice.

Kishimoto has directly denied some of these fan pairings in the past.
Save for
Lee and Tenten, I guess them being the only chinese people and Guy, you could make weak arguments for some of them.
But those two?

But seriously does Sasuke not go to ninja jail?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so what I'm getting from all of this is that Sakura is just a garbage character

Jado

Banned
You guys copping Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? It's waiting at home for me, can't wait to play it.

mv6bBLq.gif

Yes. I probably need to bring my blood pressure down and stop playing Smash Bros for a while.

It actually performs well for once. Old one ran like shit so it's nice.

Old one was crap made in Flash (CPU-dependent, missing/limited features, prone to crashing/freezing). This one is a properly programmed and well-planned game from top to bottom.

Deeply analyze shonen romantic relationships, brehs.
Lol. I'm laughing, but that shit is serious in other circles on the internet.

As far as Sakura goes, someone in the Naruto thread said it best, no matter who Sakura ended up with, I'm pretty sure people would have been upset. I'm not buying the whole "well, they were kids when this shit happened" crowd as far as the
Sakura/Sasuke
pairing ended up. Then again, this is just a fantasy manga setting where the protagonist was able to, on numerous occasions, convince the antagonists to be good guys after a pep talk.

Village

I thought that she was going to wise up after the time skip but nothing changed.

Eh ok this is going to be the 2nd time I am nice to sakura today, woo that's rough

To be fair, to be fair

I can understand wanting to help someone who is mentally unstable.

Village

he kinda did but it was like super late in the manga, and the war was already happening.

Also I should mention, those chapters make her look worse. The apology chapters.

Oldschoolgamer

He did write redeeming qualities, he is a resilient mother fucker. He has been through some shit, like some shit.
Like your family was killed on a whim and someone set you up for failure from the start shit.
And he beat all that shit.

Also she may understand sasuke's problems are psychological and have then tried to help him, and during that processes, they developed real feelings for each other

Like you seem to be conveniently forgetting sasuke is high on the , been through some shit o-meter.I don't know... maybe she understands. that happens ya know.

Edit: Before you say " there is a line to " remember this is a manga where shit on the level of asura's wrath happens and the economy is run by ninja war monger-ers who experimented on people . Wanting to kill people is like... spilling milk to them

He tried to kill her and threatened to kill her how many times?
He tried to kill how many of her friends and family?
He was physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive to her for how many years?

"Oh, he was just suffering from depression. He's not really a monster."
b3yMz8h.png

There is no good reason for her to hook up with this dude, ever, the way this story was written.

"A lot can happen in ten years!"

b3yMz8h.png

I texted my boy who stopped reading the manga but continues to watch the anime every week.

"You heard what's going on in the manga breh??"

"Is Sakura dead?!!"

"No...."

"Fuck."

Village

Not many considering they didn't see each other alot.
Actually technically about... twice, he wanted to destroy the leaf village/ when he wanted to cut his ties with naruto. Every other time he fought anyone he didn't really care about killing them rather he just wanted them out of the way, he wanted to kill the kage's though . So 3 times. And I would not count orichimaru, danzo, madara, obito, tsuyomi lady and itachi as her loved ones

None because he ignored her and wasn't around her most of the time. And didn't care that she existed really and was after his own goals.

But feel free to make up stuff.

You mean that time he saw his whole family die, and found out some one set him up to either to become complacent/danzo food or a terrorist.

There is no good reason for her to hook up with this dude ever, the way this story was written.
he got help

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So, Naruto's ending is basically Harry Potter Epilogue: Anime Edition?

Yeeeeeeeep

Story is over and that means these characters lives are over. Time to pair them off into ideal nuclear families to live out the rest of their perfect lives free of any further conflict.

I'm trying to think of a cartoon that doesn't do this. One example that comes to mind is Korra.

Jado

Banned

b3yMz8h.png

There is no good reason for her to hook up with this dude, ever, the way this story was written.

"A lot can happen in ten years!"

b3yMz8h.png

I stopped watching weeks ago close to the end of the Pain saga (Jiraiya stuff aside, wasn't as good as people said to be quite honest). My take is that it's not unrealistic or unusual that she still hooked up with him after years of abuse... because that stuff happens all the time in real life. The manga creator's reasoning for putting them together in the end (fan service? silly "love triumphs" motive?) is a whole other issue.

Village

I stopped watching weeks ago close to the end of the Pain saga (Jiraiya stuff aside, wasn't as good as people said to be quite honest). My take is that it's not unrealistic or unusual that she still hooked up with him after years of abuse... because that stuff happens all the time in real life.

No... what abuse.

Sasuke wasn't around most of the time/ didn't give a shit she existed

What abuse.

You mean the time they fought.

BECAUSE THEY WERE NINJAS

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are putting like 100 times more thought into this than the actual author.

Trey

Village, lol.

"Yeah, I know he tried to kill her and everyone she loves. Several times. He even violated her mentally with a hallucination of him stabbing her to death, but you gotta look passed that! Huh? What do you mean? Yeah, he never acknowledged her various romantic gestures and he's an emotional wound due to his highly traumatizing childhood, but he got help! From who? Top men, of course."

It's so...creepy. I don't know what the author was thinking.

BCT let's come to a consensus on Mia Love.

Are we giving her the Herman Cain treatment or the Michael Steele treatment?

Something tells me this is going to end horrible for her as far as public scrutiny. WHY IS SHE A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH? I'm never going to hear the end of this from the people I really fuck with. "Don't tell me you on that fuck shit she talking about as well."
<--- I have to look forward to years of this.

If she has a condescending persecution complex now then wait for the backlash she's going to get if her public persona is half of what her public statements make her out to be.

---

Let's talk fashion in the house. What do y'all wear around the house?

She actually won her race. I think that's where the comparisons end

Yeeeeeeeep

Story is over and that means these characters lives are over. Time to pair them off into ideal nuclear families to live out the rest of their perfect lives free of any further conflict.

I'm trying to think of a cartoon that doesn't do this. One example that comes to mind is Korra.

Young Justice? Sorta....kinda...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I dunno, maybe it's just that my total Naruto exposure is like 30 to 40 episodes from the middle of the anime, but I don't even understand why she cares about Sasuke all that much other than the fact she thinks he's cute or something.

Like, my other point of reference for ridiculous anime thirst is Mikasa from AoT, and at least there I buy that she would have a ridiculous attachment to the dude based on her childhood trauma and the fact that she lived with him all those years, and I also buy that Eren at least cares about her to some degree.

Village

Village, lol.

"Yeah, I know he tried to kill her and everyone she loves. Several times."

he threatened to take down the leaf village and did nothing about it once

He even violated her mentally with a hallucination of him stabbing her to death
Ninja fights. Naruto forgave obito

Obviously the thresh hold for forgiveness in ninja land, is high.

It has to be, they run a war economy. Do you know how people who might be together had to fight one another to the death before. Thats like like flirting to them. ( do you now understand I'm not 100 percent serious )

Yeah, he never acknowledged her various romantic gestures and he's an emotional
I never argued that

wound due to his highly traumatizing childhood, but he got help! From who? Top men, of course."
YOu mean life. But it got worse over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom