• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
Metroid Fusion is only one game.

stopit.png

Metroid Prime is a great series.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The Prime trilogy, Zero Mission and Fusion are all good.

What's wrong with you people?

Trey

I don't understand the utility in drinking high proof liquor. Is it for when your alcohol tolerance is so formidable that even shots of alcohol at the usual proof does nothing to you?

Because I don't imagine gasoline tastes very good.

Slayven

I don't understand the utility in drinking high proof liquor. Is it for when your alcohol tolerance is so formidable that even shots of alcohol at the usual proof does nothing to you?

Because I don't imagine gasoline tastes very good.

Love that shit, but it is pretty much like drinking rubbing alcohol

IrishNinja

Why'd you have to bring that up?

Prime series is the GOAT.

Echoes was, is and always will be the epitome of video games to me.

real talk, finally went through prime 1 & 2 last year and damn, echoes takes up a few notches on level design, shit was awesome

fuck that endgame "GO FIND 12 CANDLES OR WHATEVER RIGHT QUICK" bullshit though

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Prime 1 is boring as all hell. I can't play that game without speedrunning it. Echoes has that terrible FOV, but it's not bad (neither is Prime 1). Prime 3 was good. The whole series is solid, really.

None of the Prime games touch the movement options of Super Metroid, Zero Mission, or Fusion.

Splatoon looks fun. How on Earth is Nintendo really about to drop the only Third Person Shooter with platforming that's worth a damn? That SP trailer has shades of Mario platforming, all up in it.

Village

Splatoon looks fun. How on Earth is Nintendo really about to drop the only Third Person Shooter with platforming that's worth a damn? That SP trailer has shades of Mario platforming, all up in it.

They have been watching... learning and listening to western electric trip hop apparently. The perfuse73 was strong in that trailer.

Furyous

Normally I just stick to whiskey and occasionally 151. But I want to try Everclear.

Am I the only person that knows someone that mixes Tequila with 151? I'm not talking about that $5 Tequila at your local bar. I'm talking about that real shit. Guarantee Tequila and 151 loosens you up.

I see your Everclear and raise you Absinthe, not that fuckboy watered down shit either.

---

Does BCT have a GTA V clan? We need one but I don't feel like asking over on the gaming side.

---

Are we allowed not give any fucks about fashion as we get older? I remember dropping $3000 on clothes during my time at uni but abhor that practice now. I'm cool with the old navy jeans and regular t-shirt.

Malyse

Am I the only person that knows someone that mixes Tequila with 151? I'm not talking about that $5 Tequila at your local bar. I'm talking about that real shit. Guarantee Tequila and 151 loosens you up.

I see your Everclear and raise you Absinthe, not that fuckboy watered down shit either.

---

Does BCT have a GTA V clan? We need one but I don't feel like asking over on the gaming side.

---

Are we allowed not give any fucks about fashion as we get older? I remember dropping $3000 on clothes during my time at uni but abhor that practice now. I'm cool with the old navy jeans and regular t-shirt.
Fucking with fashion and fucking with brand names ain't the same shit.

DominoKid

Normally I just stick to whiskey and occasionally 151. But I want to try Everclear.

everclear's terrible but you'll have a grand fucking time and some good stories if you don't black out.

---

nah man you just have to learn how to buy smart.

Azure J

Came in to see if someone mentioned black inklings. Good to see that covered. Also best Metroid game is tied between Prime 2/Super, Other M was a mess but gets the most infinitesimal of daps for bringing athletic/track star Samus back and y'all need to be a F-Zero fan or some shit before you can feel any real pain about Nintendo franchises getting mothball'd.

harSon

Banned
How often do ya'll think is too often in terms of finding new employment? On one hand, it's career first over loyalty, but on the other hand - when does one's tendency to jump ship begin to adversely effect them?

Malyse

Ha ha oh wow. The Sonic Boom demo is longer than I realized. There are three stages, but every time you complete one you get dumped to the title screen, so I didn't know. Updated impressions: this game is going to be mediocre at its very best and rarely that. The character exploration stage isn't terrible, but there is absolutely not reason outside of branding that this needed to be a sonic game. Feels like 2D Crash or Rachet. The other two stages are a pile of trash. One is a race a la Sonic Rivals that honestly feels like an attempt to defang the "Sonix is so fucking slow" argument and the other is a rails based collect-a-thon. Neither is fun.

And the long legs thing is still fucking weird, the character models look like shit, and the textures are dreamcast level. Oh and the composer should think of a career change.

G-Fex

I never really played F-zero, I bought the gamecube one cheap but still haven't touched it. Meh.

What I don't understand is all this big deal about mtn dew/doritos stuff. Like video games have never had items cross promoted.

It's not required to play call of duty or halo. Though I do understand it's annoying that it's constantly paired together with the games.

No one complaining when carls jr cross promotes a superhero movie.

Slayven

fuck yeah I love that movie.
It taught me what necrophilia was.

I never really played F-zero, I bought the gamecube one cheap but still haven't touched it. Meh.

What I don't understand is all this big deal about mtn dew/doritos stuff. Like video games have never had items cross promoted.

It's not required to play call of duty or halo. Though I do understand it's annoying that it's constantly paired together with the games.

No one complaining when carls jr cross promotes a superhero movie.
It comes from the same dudes taht complain about a clerk saying "can I help you?". It is a whole bunch of screaming for nothing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We got a bear and a horse in here. WTF is next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom