• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Man, Cameron in Pokemon Sage is hard as fuck. It's been over 2 weeks and I still haven't beat his ass. I would just move on, but my brother went to sleep without leaving me his controller and I don't have shit else to play.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man that thread about not being your race enough opened up some old wounds from back in my middle school days. About being an called an Oreo and shit. Didn't know it was white to be well mannered and speak well. Assholes should have gave me the memo so I could have told them off.
That thread made me thank god I made it to college. All middle school and high school I couldn't do shit without being called white. These days if I wanna talk about Tame Impala or Steven Universe with other niggas, I got like 100 of them on campus to bond with.

Lucini

Banned
Had to go away for a while, but I'm crawling back to BCT.

A few editions ago, I had to write about a place I read online, chose BCTl, got an A and the professor asked too many questions about "the horse-gentleman" that the users seem to make fun of frequently. I still find it funny.

Can't say a word about Thrones (waiting for it to be done), I'm still mad about Better Call Saul, I am watching Power (
I blame lean-drinkin' Tariq
), and Twin Peaks has been good as hell.

What's new here?

That thread made me thank god I made it to college. All middle school and high school I couldn't do shit without being called white. These days if I wanna talk about Tame Impala or Steven Universe with other niggas, I got like 100 of them on campus to bond with.

Most people come to this revelation after they travel some and realize that the world is not a bigger version of their "block". those that don't never do.

Faustek

Most people come to this revelation after they travel some and realize that the world is not a bigger version of their "block". those that don't never do.

Indeed. This I can speak of a lot and as I mentioned in the discord how some even question it today. These days I just laugh and smile because I know the ones that have come and wonder is just taking their first step into the world.
I know who I am and I, thankfully I realised it sooner than later, don't need anyone else to tell me who I am.

I say this less and less but as Lightning pointed out it can still hurt. The wound may have healed but the scare isn't fading as quick.

--

I don't want to work this job. All I do is sit around, read and sign papers, pretend to know what's happening and repeating the same thing each damn meeting to people that don't care. I even question if they care about the bottomline :|

Malyse

Had to go away for a while, but I'm crawling back to BCT.

A few editions ago, I had to write about a place I read online, chose BCTl, got an A and the professor asked too many questions about "the horse-gentleman" that the users seem to make fun of frequently. I still find it funny.

Can't say a word about Thrones (waiting for it to be done), I'm still mad about Better Call Saul, I am watching Power (
I blame lean-drinkin' Tariq
), and Twin Peaks has been good as hell.

What's new here?

9a2.gif

Top Bottom