• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

TheSun

So I think my favorite black sitcom is Bernie Mac solely because of how much I relate to it; being a kid removed from a messed up parent and sent to live with their well off sibling.

Jordan's cackle was always funny.

Haha lol, my favorite episode is when Bernie tries to play a dramatic role and everybody couldn't stop laughing at it.

Bernie Mac show is super classic. Caught an episode recently like "damn this was good as fuck"

His dynamic with the kids were great. Jordan was awesome. I had the biggest crush on Vanessa too. I bet she still look good as fuck. Bernie addressing America was cool. Real underrated show. RIP Bernie

I have been there and I've done that

For only 30 minutes

/brag

You hung out with Boyega? What'd y'all do? Man, I'm jelly. Every question I want to ask besides that is super weird so I'll stop there

I'm watching Ghost World right now and these white girls ain't got better shit to do? And what was with that line saying "Does she think she's black now?" when some girl from their school said funky. This shit is weird.

Shy

I'm watching Ghost World right now and these white girls ain't got better shit to do? And what was with that line saying "Does she think she's black now?" when some girl from their school said funky. This shit is weird.
I like that film.

But don't remember that line. 😞

John Doey, please explain:

bruce-waynes-batman-prototype-suit-revealed-in-gotham-season-4-trailer-social.jpg
Holy shit, that is terrible.
You hung out with Boyega? What'd y'all do? Man, I'm jelly. Every question I want to ask besides that is super weird so I'll stop there
"Hung out" is stretching the story to near fictitious levels but I was at a toy store in central London just browsing the Star Wars and Marvel stuff when John Boyega comes strolling in through some side door. It was his birthday and he was getting a tour of the shop, and there were 3 or 4 fans that somehow knew he'd be there behind me so I got caught up in the whole thing. He took pictures with us, was talking about Star Wars, anime, Captain America, Batman and Londoner stuff. Really cool guy. Seems like the sort of dude that would be on NeoGAF but not be weird.

"Hung out" is stretching the story to near fictitious levels but I was at a toy store in central London just browsing the Star Wars and Marvel stuff when John Boyega comes strolling in through some side door. It was his birthday and he was getting a tour of the shop, and there were 3 or 4 fans that somehow knew he'd be there behind me so I got caught up in the whole thing. He took pictures with us, was talking about Star Wars, anime, Captain America, Batman and Londoner stuff. Really cool guy. Seems like the sort of dude that would be on NeoGAF but not be weird.

Did he smell like black excellence?

Speaking of lack of PoC, I recently watched Freaks and Geeks for the first time (loved it) and couldn't help but notice just how white it was. The only black guys on the show were bouncers with like a few lines. Rashida Jones was a bully for a few scenes and... yeah.
Central London ? It was Hamleys, wasn't it ?
I think it was just called The Toy Store. It was on Oxford Street but it's closed now.
Did he smell like black excellence?
I... didn't get close enough to take a sniff.

I assume he did, though.

LionPride

Banned

So.....Shy

andthebeatgoeson

Good morning BCT

You all are welcome at my church during any disaster. The individuals that give the largest tithes and offerings on a consistent basis will be given the most comfortable pews and cots for sleeping. Welch's grape juice and Kool aid for my advisory panel
Log off, Joel. Your smile is the creeps.

How shit is LaLa Land? 11/10?

Speaking of lack of PoC, I recently watched Freaks and Geeks for the first time (loved it) and couldn't help but notice just how white it was. The only black guys on the show were bouncers with like a few lines. Rashida Jones was a bully for a few scenes and... yeah.
I would expect that from a show with that title.

I am.

He's the only person of colour i can remember in the movie.
Brotha never even spoke. I'm almost finished with it. I think I'm good. That was some of the whitest driest dialogue I ever heard and then they brought in blackface and only then did they give one of the black extras something to say and the art exhibit felt like they were trying to say how black folks should feel about it.

I watched this film where a black man and black woman
look like house nikkas
by being around the important things but oddly
never spoke a word on screen
or do anything and could have better been a piece of paper on a stick that said "don't digitally edit us out"

Don't hate me
This film was called...
game of thrones s7ep7

Top Bottom