• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Dude had to be high when getting that done. I had rows but got bored of them, so took them out ha.

You didn't have to do that. Just fade either the front or the back. Or if you really wanted to be wild, one side or the other. Boredom cured.

TheSun

Living single reboot.

Dunno, I felt that show was a nice 90's time capsule. Would it work in modern times?

Actually maybe, dunno. I just remember the intro.

Can one of yall answer this for me real quick

LzHVIPcX.jpg

How THE FUCK do you bend a steelbook?

Faustek

So I did something weird as fuck tonight.
It's a Swedish(?) thing called "half past seven at me" where you gather, eat food and drink a little.
So these women at work found out that I'm single and that during the weeks I stay in this apartment instead of drive home so they just had to have me over for this thing. A man can't sit alone apparently. Tell me not to eat anything since the food will be there, food, music and some drink.
So I bring this Bourgogne Leroux, they pretend like it's the dopest shit ever. Tons of vegan snacks, since they knew I was somehow, and lots of talking about basically nothing and everything about me. Ok, nice people and I never really share about myself at work. Now the weird ass thing starts with the music. I will never ever be able to prove it but fuck me if they haven't somehow just copied one of my Spotify Playlists.
Pyrex
Adel(the Swedish artist)
Burna Boy
AmberValent and Yemi
Zonnique
Finess
And then to top it of effing Trey Songz(never safe from Crimson). Other than Trey Songz I can bet my sweet sweet ass not one of them have ever heard anyone of the others before. Things got way to weird when they started dancing and being all tipsy. I excused myself that I still had papers to go through and left. Not sure what the hell happened but I kinda feel weirded out and like an ass at the same time.

Faustek and other person, I made another playlist for y'all. Found this really cool YouTube channel with a brotha who has made some dope remix instrumentals of Janet Jackson tracks. He also remade instrumentals from scratch from some of her album tracks that never had official instrumental releases. My favorite one is the "Alright Swing Mob Mix".

Tim-B's The Velvet Mixes

Nice, starts out strong. Saving this. Thanks again NaT :)

Evening :D

--

Why we fighting M.Bison in Dandara? Also really damn nice to see a black woman without the white hair.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...boot-queen-latifah-andy-cohen-1201885649/amp/

LIVING SINGLE REBOOT

DON'T DO THIS TO ME QUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEN

OOOH IN A 90s KINDA WORLD

IM GLAD �� I �� GOT �� MY �� GIRLS ��

ok, this night is now saved and good again <3<3<3<3<3

Kreed

Happy to see more posters getting wise to GAF's cycles.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...boot-queen-latifah-andy-cohen-1201885649/amp/

LIVING SINGLE REBOOT

IM GLAD &#55357;&#56399; I &#55357;&#56399; GOT &#55357;&#56399; MY &#55357;&#56399; GIRLS &#55357;&#56399;

They better figure out something more creative to update this lyric to besides "2000s".

Y'all were supposed to finish the song; y'all lame.

LIVING SINGLE REBOOT

IM GLAD &#55357;&#56399; I &#55357;&#56399; GOT &#55357;&#56399; MY &#55357;&#56399; GIRLS &#55357;&#56399;

I actually read the article now. I hope it goes through and I think Latifah was being nice saying that Friends is great. If that ain't the most boring wack ass shit.

Malyse

It's a Swedish(?) thing called "half past seven at me" where you gather, eat food and drink a little.
So these women at work found out that I'm single and that during the weeks I stay in this apartment instead of drive home so they just had to have me over for this thing. A man can't sit alone apparently. Tell me not to eat anything since the food will be there, food, music and some drink.
So I bring this Bourgogne Leroux, they pretend like it's the dopest shit ever. Tons of vegan snacks, since they knew I was somehow, and lots of talking about basically nothing and everything about me. Ok, nice people and I never really share about myself at work. Now the weird ass thing starts with the music. I will never ever be able to prove it but fuck me if they haven't somehow just copied one of my Spotify Playlists.
Pyrex
Adel(the Swedish artist)
Burna Boy
AmberValent and Yemi
Zonnique
Finess
And then to top it of effing Trey Songz(never safe from Crimson). Other than Trey Songz I can bet my sweet sweet ass not one of them have ever heard anyone of the others before. Things got way to weird when they started dancing and being all tipsy. I excused myself that I still had papers to go through and left. Not sure what the hell happened but I kinda feel weirded out and like an ass at the same time.

Tiger-Woods-001.jpg

Shy

Pyrex
Adel(the Swedish artist)
Burna Boy
AmberValent and Yemi
Zonnique
Finess
Sounds like you escaped cult that was going to sacrifice you.
Evening.

Faustek

Sounds like you escaped cult that was going to sacrifice you.

Evening.

Pretty sure they are just trying to hard. Like way to hard. If it wasn't for the music and dancing it would have been fine. Being overtly friendly is fine but just no. Way to weird overall.

Pyrex
Adel(the Swedish artist)
Burna Boy
AmberValent and Yemi
Zonnique
Finess
And then to top it of effing Trey Songz(never safe from Crimson). Other than Trey Songz I can bet my sweet sweet ass not one of them have ever heard anyone of the others before. Things got way to weird when they started dancing and being all tipsy. I excused myself that I still had papers to go through and left. Not sure what the hell happened but I kinda feel weirded out and like an

I'm not trigga. Stop putting that on me. I'm a member of fauxdeci, lsc, and CCC. Not all lightskin guys look alike. I barely resemble brother feenix

Faustek

I'm not trigga. Stop putting that on me. I'm a member of fauxdeci, lsc, and CCC. Not all lightskin guys look alike. I barely resemble brother feenix

Pretty sure the only difference between you and Feenix is the dance moves. Come over to the 2 Live Crew if you wanna really denounce your wily ways.
--

Why the fuck is best buy charging $42 for water? -.-

Pretty sure the only difference between you and Feenix is the dance moves. Come over to the 2 Live Crew if you wanna really denounce your wily ways.
--

I ain't joining that old group. Most of the members are older than slayven.

The waters are like $3 each or something. That's the price of buying that many of them

1. Because they aren't a grocery store.

2. That happened on Friday.

So, a worker did the math on what each bottle is sold for at the store. The math adds up to $42 (depending on the brand, mind you). They weren't trying to screw folks..that's just, literally, the price for 24 (?) bottles of water..if they were bought in an electronics store..not Aldi.

Faustek

I ain't joining that old group. Most of the members are older than slayven.

The waters are like $3 each or something. That's the price of buying that many of them

you know that you just got written out of my will right? Now all moneyz goes to Feenix and his green eyes.

1. Because they aren't a grocery store.

2. That happened on Friday.

So, a worker did the math on what each bottle is sold for at the store. The math adds up to $42 (depending on the brand, mind you). They weren't trying to screw folks..that's just, literally, the price for 24 (?) bottles of water..if they were bought in an electronics store..not Aldi.

Thanks.

TheSun

I remember this one thread here on Gaf where the op goes to a gas station and argues to the racist(?) gas station clerk for hours and hug it out in tears or something. All this while his family is waiting in the car for gas.

Found that the funniest thing. Like, I don't have time for that, who does?

Just started watching Insecure...this show is funny as fucking hell....Im addicted to two shows right now Game of Thrones and Insecure....Is there a show/novel/movie in existence that combines the medieval with Black People?

Sch1sm

Just started watching Insecure...this show is funny as fucking hell....Im addicted to two shows right now Game of Thrones and Insecure....Is there a show/novel/movie in existence that combines the medieval with Black People?

You full well know that the medieval era only had white people when it comes to TV/movies.

There is a BBC adaptation of Merlin that featured a black Guinevere.

Top Bottom