• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Skittles

I can't really fuck with DT anymore.

Korey says stupid shit and thinks he the only one who should have a voice.

Fuck him.
Them playing both sides on a lot of things is killing me. Won't say which side because they(korey) knows they'll lose listeners

D i Z

Them playing both sides on a lot of things is killing me. Won't say which side because they(korey) knows they'll lose listeners

That's the kicker. If there was a conversation to be had it would be one thing. This is all about not offending the viewership and friends. Always has been. No conversation at all.

Slayven

What DT say now?

Martin and Korey use to say some suspect shit

But Martin has grown in like the last 2 years

Korey seems to be regressing

Johndoey

Banned
Yeah Korey is getting to be too much at this point.
---
Logan Lucky is fun. Not much else than that. Craig is great in the movie.

Kreed

What DT say now?

Martin and Korey use to say some suspect shit

But Martin has grown in like the last 2 years

Korey seems to be regressing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH6Dwtqhr6c&feature=youtu.be&t=1018

Most of this video they are (badly) discussing White Washing after watching the Death Note movie but at this part Korey brings up two examples of "Black Washing" (The Wiz and Sanford and Son) making it clear that not only do they not know why White Washing is a problem (Hollywood repeatedly making these film decisions for decades and keeping non White actors from getting roles) they don't know what White Washing actually is (changing the ethnicity of characters for the purpose of making them more appealing to a target audience =/= creating new properties loosely based off of another property).

Again, I'm glad the BCT put me onto the DT guys' reviews of bad movies because their jokes at the expense of bad movies are hilarious, but I'm not digging through their catalogue of youtube vids to hear their opinions on serious issues. You know what you're getting yourself into.

I can't really fuck with DT anymore.

Korey says stupid shit and thinks he the only one who should have a voice.

Fuck him.

Korey needs somebody to slap him upside the head.

That's the kicker. If there was a conversation to be had it would be one thing. This is all about not offending the viewership and friends. Always has been. No conversation at all.

Okay, I see what y'all talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH6Dwtqhr6c
Yeah, he on some bullshit with this. I expected better. Americanised is basically whitewashing. When making it susceptible for American audiences their go to is to get a white actor before anyone else and he doesn't see that? Blackwashing ain't really a thing because given opportunities for an underrepresented group doesn't harm the ones that get plenty of work which would be white people.

LotusHD

Banned
The fuck is blackwashing? Got really tired of the false equivalences being thrown about L being black being as bad as Light being white in the months leading to the movie's release.

The fuck is blackwashing? Got really tired of the false equivalences being thrown about L being black being as bad as Light being white in the months leading to the movie's release.

you know, all those roles that would be white people if not for all these black folk taking their jobs

whole movies, i tell ya

Aiustis

So yesterday I drunkenly led someone on who I have no intentions of ever doing any thing with. I only did it because they messaged me how I'm doing.

Slayven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH6Dwtqhr6c&feature=youtu.be&t=1018

Most of this video they are (badly) discussing White Washing after watching the Death Note movie but at this part Korey brings up two examples of "Black Washing" (The Wiz and Sanford and Son) making it clear that not only do they not know why White Washing is a problem (Hollywood repeatedly making these film decisions for decades and keeping non White actors from getting roles) they don't know what White Washing actually is (changing the ethnicity of characters for the purpose of making them more appealing to a target audience =/= creating new properties loosely based off of another property).

Again, I'm glad the BCT put me onto the DT guys' reviews of bad movies because their jokes at the expense of bad movies are hilarious, but I'm not digging through their catalogue of youtube vids to hear their opinions on serious issues. You know what you're getting yourself into.
Yeah they are at their best when clowning stupid shit

LionPride

Banned
YG had a DT impersonator come out and say the words and I quote "We're gonna build the wall outta guacamole so those little Mexican hands can't grab on to it" and then YG sang Fuck Donald Trump

It was great

Aizo

Banned
Good evening.

Has anybody read the comic "Your Black Friend" by Ben Passmore? It's quite short, and most panels say something directed at white people, like "Your Black friend hates that you slide into 'black' presentations thoughtlessly. He feels like you're mocking him, but knows that you're totally unaware of this. Your black friend wishes he knew how to bring this up, but doesn't know how."

Pretty personal perspective. I thought it was good, but I wish it were a bit longer.

Saw that in off topic. To say I was stunned by this would be an understatement.

-----------

So been compiling a list of gamecube games to get in the future and so far I have this:

Sonic Mega Collection
FZero GX
Chibi Robo
Baiten Kaitos
Beyond Good and Evil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Capcom vs SNK 2
Cubivore
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Godzilla Destroy all Monsters melee
007: Nightfire
Hitman 2
Hunter: The Reckoning
I-Ninja
Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Resident Evil 2
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Crazy Taxi
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Soul Calibur 2
Sponge Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom
SSX 3
SSX Tricky
Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Ledaer and Rebel Strike
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Bros Melee (Of course)
Tales Of Symphonia
Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Viewtiful Joe & Viewtiful Joe 2
Xmen Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
YG had a DT impersonator come out and say the words and I quote "We're gonna build the wall outta guacamole so those little Mexican hands can't grab on to it" and then YG sang Fuck Donald Trump

It was great
I'm all for celebs speaking out and using their platform for good. :)

Mizerman

So been compiling a list of gamecube games to get in the future and so far I have this:

Sonic Mega Collection
FZero GX
Chibi Robo
Baiten Kaitos
Beyond Good and Evil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Capcom vs SNK 2
Cubivore
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Godzilla Destroy all Monsters melee
007: Nightfire
Hitman 2