• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

cdyhybrid

zYvmizI.jpg

zeemumu

Wow I missed a lot while I was out from comics.

Ock cloned a new Peter body and became Superior Doc Ock, huh? Kinda invalidates giving up command of the old body at the end of Superior Spider-Man. Also his company's gone now? Eh, that's fine. I didn't like Spidey going all Batman Inc. anyway.

I listened to Chyna Doll for the first time a little while back. I see why I never did before. That shit is bad. Foxy's other two albums are way much better. She must've been on that grind for Ill Nana because the two are like night and day.

yunbuns

Them playing both sides on a lot of things is killing me. Won't say which side because they(korey) knows they'll lose listeners

I feel like it's not really necessarily all of them but mostly Korey since he barely gives the others time to fully voice their opinions before interjecting to talk over them. I honestly feel like he's been on some bullshit for awhile (from him and Oz's comments about transgenders to how lately he just seems to talk over everyone) and it's kind of dragging the show down a bit lately.

You are right about him not wanting to chose a side when talking about political issues though and it's getting tiring. Like...half of the time it doesn't even seem like he even fully knows what he's talking about so just ends up rambling then going back and forth with himself. I found it weird that he hadn't even watched the Death Note movie but was commenting on it like he had, was saying changing the races wasn't a big deal since it was americanized and then said that people might have the right to be upset over whitewashing when Korey G. pointed out the movie was using Japanese folklore as a background. I really wish he pull back and stop getting on his soapboxes.

Where you're from - Was born in Jamaica
Where you live - Living in Canada for 25 years this October
What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Family history is a bit murky...those who have that information have long since passed
Do you know your roots - Well yes....
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop(especially from 80's and 90's), Various flavors of Electronic(Downtempo, Big Beat, Trip-Hop, Ambient etc.), some R&B and Reggae too.
Your profession/major/career interest - Graphic Design currently
Your religious affiliation - I brought up Christian, but kind of deviated for organized religion as I got older. More of a Deist
Hobbies - Computers, Typography, Walking, video games(if that counts)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I was raised on home cooked meals
Marvel or DC? - Image comics!........ok well, I lean DC(for comics) and I like MCU. I have no preference really
Favorite superhero? - Batgirl(Cassandra Cain) & Storm.
Anime or Nah? - Yeah, but along the lines of GITS/CowboyBebop/OutlawStar/BlackLagoon etc.
Favorite sport and team? - N/A
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Flight of the Navigator
What's your favorite video game and genre? Action/Adventure, some RPG's

Sch1sm

What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Family history is a bit murky...those who have that information have long since passed
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop(especially from 80's and 90's), Various flavors of Electronic(Downtempo, Big Beat, Trip-Hop, Ambient etc.), some R&B and Reggae too.
Your religious affiliation - I brought up Christian, but kind of deviated for organized religion as I got older. More of a Deist
Marvel or DC? - Image comics!........ok well, I lean DC(for comics) and I like MCU. I have no preference really
Anime or Nah? - Yeah, but along the lines of GITS/CowboyBebop/OutlawStar/BlackLagoon etc.

Welcome, new-old head.

Gattsu25

Banned
What is your age? - 33

Welcome to the family.

D i Z

What is your age? - 33

Whodis?

Just hit my fam with the white preacher that she watches on tv with the stadium sized church who wouldn't let people in when the hurricane first hit is a thief in the temple. That line cuts deep.

"Yeah, back and blacker than ever
Got sick of waiting for these actors to get it together
Still in them gutters, all my brothers is birds of a feather
Tried to get this money cause my people done struggled forever
Son of my father, gunning for stardom, it's worth a shot
They hate me like I'm fucking their mama, that's why I serve 'em hot
Shells they burning, as long as hell is burning I’ll murder god
If he was trying to fuck up my paper, nigga, that's all I got
The black and brown been going through a holocaust
You see Obama just a house nigga to me
They locked the children up in prison and they ditching the key
It's empty plates in this estate so shorty shit where he eat
He got a clip, he got a K, he ‘bout to light up the street
They catch him slipping, now they trip him knock him right off his feet
His mama crying on the news like "that boy was so smart
Wish he never start chilling with them niggas at the park"
Been swimming with the sharks since the kiddy pool
Breaking all the written rules
Breaking the tradition of that inner-city raising fools
A raisin in the sun
They let the monkey out the cage, he got a gun
He got a book, he got a brain, you better run
Was the one that they shun
Baptized in the tears of the slaves as a young
A penny saved is a penny earned
So I'll be stacking up this copper as the city burn
Cold chain, nigga"

fuck flooded streets

Where you're from - Houston
Where you live - Houston
What is your age? - something with a 3 in it
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - the best rappers
Do you know your roots - plays that 1 roots track
Favorite musical genre - In order of greatness - Ambient, Pystrance, Deep House, Dub Techno, Acid Techno, Alt Rock, Hips Hops, Blues, whatever you ain't shit nikkas aren't into
Your profession/major/career interest - Fuck yo couch
Your religious affiliation - religion doesn't exist
Hobbies - saying shit ain't shit, writing, never finishing movie script
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - fuck yo chicken give me a steak
well done
Marvel or DC? - Mahvel
Favorite superhero? - Jubilee.
Anime or Nah? - FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Trigun, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, GiTS everything else may or may not be trash
Favorite sport and team? - Da Bears, Dolphins, whoever you hate the most
unless they are the Pats
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Celtic Pride
Crazy/Beautiful
What's your favorite video game and genre? 4X, Turn based shit

Top Bottom