• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

I'm glad that JD is the first one to catch heat for bad Sonic stuff instead of me

60fd8eb3651a542e5e241346a79dd2817235116f_hq.gif

They haven't caught up to him yet, but if you want to bump your name up the list, sure.

Zaverious

All of this hate for Sonic knowing full well everyone in this thread gonna be showing off their create-a-characters in November.

Shy

Where you're from - Was born in Jamaica
Where you live - Living in Canada for 25 years this October
What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Family history is a bit murky...those who have that information have long since passed
Do you know your roots - Well yes....
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop(especially from 80's and 90's), Various flavors of Electronic(Downtempo, Big Beat, Trip-Hop, Ambient etc.), some R&B and Reggae too.
Your profession/major/career interest - Graphic Design currently
Your religious affiliation - I brought up Christian, but kind of deviated for organized religion as I got older. More of a Deist
Hobbies - Computers, Typography, Walking, video games(if that counts)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I was raised on home cooked meals
Marvel or DC? - Image comics!........ok well, I lean DC(for comics) and I like MCU. I have no preference really
Favorite superhero? - Batgirl(Cassandra Cain) & Storm.
Anime or Nah? - Yeah, but along the lines of GITS/CowboyBebop/OutlawStar/BlackLagoon etc.
Favorite sport and team? - N/A
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Flight of the Navigator
What's your favorite video game and genre? Action/Adventure, some RPG's
Helllo ne friend, whom i never meet before. 😝

Village

All of this hate for Sonic knowing full well everyone in this thread gonna be showing off their create-a-characters in November.

Nah and i'm a sonic fan.

That sonic game looks like an unfocused mess. I'm going to wait and see then eventually buy.

A character creator does not make a game automatically better. We don't even know how good that character creator even is, It could be strait ass .

Aizo

Banned
Good evening, BCT.
I don't know if it'd be better to just make a thread on this, but I was curious about other reactions to the ending of Do the Right Thing, which I saw a few weeks ago. If my questions ever get old, just let me know. I was just thinking I'm more interested in hearing opinions here than just general opinions.

What is with the gifs of Kane?
Oh shit. You changed your avatar. I love Static. I grew up watching the cartoon. I hope that they can get him back in the DC universe someday soon.

Malyse

The Kingdom Hearts mobile game is the craziest shit, y'all. So, there was a browser game, yeah? And you're doing all these things and making crazy discoveries (like the fact that ever world you visit is fake) and eventually that leads to a War. You get the option to not fight in the war and time jump to past the end of it, but you say "naw I'm good" and go to war to stop the war.

You get your ass thoroughly beat
. So your friends take you and toss you into a parallel world (this is the mobile game now) and you revisit all the key plot points of the first game again but without your memories of the first go round. You get to the war *again* and you make the same dumb ass decision *again*, but before you can go get yourself killed *again*, you friends hop in with a "NO, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER", wipe and rewrite your memory to pretend that you decided to not fight in the war and toss you forward in time to after the war.

On top of all that, a key plot point was that one of the Union leaders was a traitor to the cause, only you eventually discover that their leader had intentionally put them at odds with each other by giving each different (and conflicting) objectives. So there's no traitor. Furthermore, you've been hearing about the Keyblade War for over seven years (since Birth by Sleep in 2010), yet the four titles that cover that period of time (Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, and Kingdom Hearts Union χ[cross]) all gloss over the actual war.

Kingdom Hearts is so dumb. I look forward to KH3 finally wrapping this ball of crazy up so we can start a brand new ball of crazy in KH4. Or The Kingdom Hearts. Let's soft reboot it.

Top Bottom