• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Johndoey

Banned
Man people will cosign anything as long as it is just games
It's a fucking tragedy at this point. People are hemming and hawing over the "Cleanse the gene pool of the impure ones" type motherfucker. The team as far as I know haven't even released a basic statement on the issue.

Faustek

Sooperkool, I have no dog in that fight and I do agree with the notion that people should arm themselves. The random jackasses are prone to not be jackasses then but I do not understand why people in the US, regular civilians, should have better armaments than the army.
I see no need for high powered ARs, no need for armor piercing bullets, no need for flamethrowers and why there is a need for regulations. If you really want to defend your self and home you ought to be able to accept the fact to be having a real background check because not allowing you're crazy ass neighbours the access to guns is also in your safety.

Heck I'm trying to get rid of a 25kgs of explosives dad had at the company and the police is taking their sweet ass time to get over here. They where fast as hell when it came to the guns but not this. It's old and highly unstable. Doesn't get better by waiting a year.

Merc_

It's amazing seeing people get legit offended over people not wanting to spend their money on a game for any reason. Nobody would be acting like developers deserve money if they were boycotting over shitty microtransactions. It's funny how this attitude only pops up when it's over racism or sexism.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I remember time where people were like that over microtransactions. I guess the real problem is that gamers get too emotionally invested in their video games to the point where other people not wanting to spend money on a game they want to like is seen as an attack. That is such a incredibly fucked up mindset.

Malyse

The Jontron thread is basically the Huniepop thread all over again. Jesus Christ.

Hair question: How is BCT in regards to beards? I'm thinking of making a transition.

I've had the chinstrap pretty much since I've been growing facial hair, and I'm planning to move on to just the chin (keeping the 'stache though). Do people just do that because they can't grow a full beard or do they actually keep that shaped up? If I ever go back to a beard it'l be with the full goatee.

My beard is nice as fuck. Ima rock this shit all winter at least cause it's too damn fly.

Also, ber months are the best months.

Malyse

Super-Mario-Flashback-Game-Download.gif

Super Mario Flashback looks amazing.

Not even surprised gaming side is caping hard for a white supremacist. They did it the last time and the time before that and the time before that with PewDiePie. Just par for the course at this point.

Faustek

Not even surprised gaming side is caping hard for a white supremacist. They did it the last time and the time before that and the time before that with PewDiePie. Just par for the course at this point.

I mean it's past the time where people wouldn't know what's up so yeah. It isn't surprising anymore.

Debating whether to buy dragons dogma for the 32bd time

But have you ever finished it?

TheSun

Don't you see?
Our ancestors were probably racist, so we shouldn't call out racism. Or whatever. That guy is giving me contact high reading his posts...

---

Its the month of horror movies! My type of horror movies are called documentaries.

Shy

Mornin' all.
Evening. Good sir.
There was a thread yesterday about how toxic Blizzard's community was. This isn't new, i remember the boards for WoW that is a good 10 years ago being unusable because of the bullshit. Can you imagine if big company just came out and said "enough is enough" and started doing shit? Instead of empty PR memos
The perfect time for the industry to take their stand should have been when GG first broke out a few years ago.
My knees are sore just watching. LOL.
Man people will cosign anything as long as it is just games
What happened now ?
The Jontron thread is basically the Huniepop thread all over again. Jesus Christ.
He's back ?
Super-Mario-Flashback-Game-Download.gif

Super Mario Flashback looks amazing.
What dis ?
Debating whether to buy dragons dogma for the 32bd time
Well from your post, you've already bought it a ton. So you clearly like it a lot. If you can afford it, go for it.

My boss is out so I can tell y'all about this awkward moment I had at work a little while ago. So I got a little too comfortable at work again and was talking like I do on here and so I walked up to the Mexican girl at work and said "hey homegirl, what you doing?" She was on the phone unaware to me and said one sec. The white girl next to her asked me what I said to her and I told her and then she imitated 'homegirl' back in a really white way and at this time my Mexican coworker was off the phone and she said "yeah don't do that".

The white girl said "Was that really white?" and she was like "yeah". So the white girl said she wasn't making fun of me and I said I know and she said she isn't racist and then I can't remember how it leaned into this, but she said she likes colored people. At this point I was feeling really awkward. The Mexican girl said not to mind her, somebody else walked up and then she said to the white guy that he's racist and he has confederate flags all in his house in a joking way. I could tell it was jokes, but it was weird. The manager overheard and said he just hates stupid people. The white girl says she doesn't have a problem with black people just Hispanics talking to the Mexican coworker. Somebody else walked in and then I forget what he said, but they were joking that he was racist too. The first white guy told me not to pay attention to her and the Mexican girl did too. At this point the phone was ringing in my earpiece and I said I had to take this call. I walked off and answered it, but someone else picked up, but I used the opportunity to pretend like someone was there and go back to my desk.

I can't wait to read the replies when I get home.

Slayven

I treat the work enviroment like prison

Always keep your eyes open

Do your own time not anyone elses

Don't get too friendly

Eat with one hand covering your food

Don't accept anything, there are no such thing as "gifts"

Find the old lady, get in good with her. She will teach you the lay of the land.

Don't you see?
Our ancestors were probably racist, so we shouldn't call out racism. Or whatever. That guy is giving me contact high reading his posts...

---

Its the month of horror movies! My type of horror movies are called documentaries.

I read that bullshit post. What the fuck were they smoking indeed....

Don't get too friendly

Find the old lady, get in good with her. She will teach you the lay of the land.

Had any bad experiences with people who think you owe them something because they constantly blessed you without asking? Had to learn that the hard way a couple of years ago lol

Faustek

Don't get too friendly

Yepp, that's the key and I'm rather smack in the middle actually trying to do good but it always boils down to nothing. Everyone is just busy trying to sound fancy and say they'll do the right thing but when it comes down to it it's just fuck everyone and get yours. I hate that attitude especially when I see young people take to it.

Slayven

Brah, I had one boss who was super cute. She had me doing shit like warming up her car on cold days right before she left. Running errands, doing reports and shit.

But when I put in for a promotion I always got denied. That is how i learned when you turn yourself into the office bitch, you will always be the office bitch.

Faustek

The thing is I would have accepted that promotion if it was possible or at least given you an honest explanation as to why that wasn't feasible atm.

Now I can just recommend stuff and hope HR agrees and allows it.

Slayven

The thing is I would have accepted that promotion if it was possible or at least given you an honest explanation as to why that wasn't feasible atm.

Now I can just recommend stuff and hope HR agrees and allows it.

Man why is every HR person mean as a rattle snake or so nice they are pretty much a human care bear?

I swear there is no in between.

D i Z

Brah, I had one boss who was super cute. She had me doing shit like warming up her car on cold days right before she left. Running errands, doing reports and shit.

But when I put in for a promotion I always got denied. That is how i learned when you turn yourself into the office bitch, you will always be the office bitch.

Clipping your toenails in the lunch room while charging your psp in the toaster outlet probably didn't help.

I'm ducking out of this HR talk before I get myself in trouble.

Slayven

Clipping your toenails in the lunch room while charging your psp in the toaster outlet probably didn't help.

At that job we had a Golden Tee machine in the break room, folks would be ready to fight over it

Faustek

Man why is every HR person mean as a rattle snake or so nice they are pretty much a human care bear?

I swear there is no in between.

haha, that is true.
But to tell you of a disgusting thing. A few years back we had a summer intern I wanted fired even before he started. An asshole to the major degree, didn't work and refused to be a teammate so I put him on 2 days probation, I can do that at least, HR decided to give him paid vacation for 7 weeks until his contract ran out.
WE DON'T EVEN FIRE PEOPLE!
The underwear thief in my house apparently got somewhat the same but at least he got the offer to get help before they put him on paid leave until they decided to fire him. Unfortunately I don't know what has happened to him. No one has called me for deets at least.
Edit: I forgot about the racist moron from last year. He didn't like asian people. Like really hated them for no reason whatsoever but he was indirectly racist af and my neighbour chief wanted to fire his ass but she couldn't because HR stepped in and asked him to talk to a therapist. I mean yes, I prefer this way. Perhaps get him to understand what an ass he is but that man is over 60. I don't think he'll change.

What did you do D? What is it?

Our HR generalist can do both. She's cool people. Can drop the professionalism and turn up the blackness level real quick too.

My head of HR doesn't like me....maybe because I kinda got her kin fired. Who knows? ^^

CommanderBuck

Neo Member

Don't get too friendly

This is crucial! It’s about four of them at my job and I’ve learned so much from all of them.

D i Z

Gotta keep shit interesting. Besides, people like to side eye a brother a little too much for ducking out of all company social interactions and participation of any kind. Including acknowledging the presence of others when they are around at any point in time.

haha, that is true.
But to tell you of a disgusting thing. A few years back we had a summer intern I wanted fired even before he started. An asshole to the major degree, didn't work and refused to be a teammate so I put him on 2 days probation, I can do that at least, HR decided to give him paid vacation for 7 weeks until his contract ran out.
WE DON'T EVEN FIRE PEOPLE!
The underwear thief in my house apparently got somewhat the same but at least he got the offer to get help before they put him on paid leave until they decided to fire him. Unfortunately I don't know what has happened to him. No one has called me for deets at least.
Edit: I forgot about the racist moron from last year. He didn't like asian people. Like really hated them for no reason whatsoever but he was indirectly racist af and my neighbour chief wanted to fire his ass but she couldn't because HR stepped in and asked him to talk to a therapist. I mean yes, I prefer this way. Perhaps get him to understand what an ass he is but that man is over 60. I don't think he'll change.

What did you do D? What is it?

My head of HR doesn't like me....maybe because I kinda got her kin fired. Who knows? ^^

Short answer is I build corporate websites. Long answer is a little more complicated.

Top Bottom