• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Be good girl, hopefully when you're back you've found a good ass job, too.

Shit I don't think I've ever actually met an "ally" my whole life.

besada

Banned
You should probably read the ToS if you don't see anything wrong with calling another poster a motherfucker.

And probably find a different subject to discuss.

Shy

You should probably read the ToS if you don't see anything wrong with calling another poster a motherfucker.

And probably find a different subject to discuss.
Sorry Besada.

I don't see the motherfucker at the beginning of that post in a TOS breaking context. And should have clarified that in my post.

I will now drop it.

Order

Xaa5YyQ.jpg

D i Z

Sorry Besada.

I don't see the motherfucker at the beginning of that post in a TOS breaking context. And should have clarified that in my post.

I will now drop it.

The problems with language, yeah? Give me permission so that I can call you a motherfucker Shy, so that I don't get got just speaking in common terminology.

Shy

I meant to show this to you guys the other day. It's super adorable.
The problems with language, yeah? Give me permission so that I can call you a motherfucker Shy, so that I don't get got just speaking in common terminology.
I mean you can. But i'll give you slap. 😝
I call everybody bitch. How I'm wired.
FFS. You guys know what i mean.

Wish i just kept my gob shut now.

andthebeatgoeson

So you're at chick fil a and you order fries and other things. Eating inside. They bring the tray and do you dump your fries on the paper cover on your tray and eat them?

D i Z

I meant to show this to you guys the other day. It's super adorable.

I mean you can. But i'll give you slap. ��

FFS. You guys know what i mean.

Wish i just kept my gob shut now.

tenor.gif

Shut yo Mother.... nur nur ass up.

While I have your attention, been meaning to ask if we're running these Cabal or wot!

Shy

So you're at chick fil a and you order fries and other things. Eating inside. They bring the tray and do you dump your fries on the paper cover on your tray and eat them?
I haven't eaten inside for a long time.

But i used to keep my fries inside the containers they came in.

Skittles

I'm not a pop gaf fan but what was different about their gif plosions? Just too many? I haven't followed except for peripherally. I got their complaints but from an outsider, what where they doing? Being extra with it?
Too many to the point of them not adding anything to discussions and instead just posting
reaction gifs with a single sentence to most things. They had been warned multiple times throughout the years to stop that shit. Then they doubled down with that garbage post saying neogaf is a slightly better reddit. Then tripled down when most of the posters in the OT agreed with it.

Had to dig this up myself. From what I understand, the OP of the Arms/Street Fighter V thread posted a "PopGAF" gif in the OP, and Xia gave the thread a warning not to flood the thread with "PopGAF gifs". Which then turned the thread from discussing Arms outselling Street Fighter V to "what's a PopGAF gif"/I hate PopGAF/"why is PopGAF being picked on?" etc... Then this discussion continued in the PopGAF thread where "why can't we post PopGAF gifs" was upgraded to "PopGAF reaction gifs are part of gay culture" even after the Arms thread was closed.
God damn. They dug their own grave with that one. They probably would have been fine if they didn't agree with that post which tried to put mods on blast.

Malyse

Would imagine that you would be the lexicon for moe moe stuff and yuri. Actually everything animu.

speaking of yuri, Ogino Jun is an underrated gem. Gamma is one of the better japanese takes on superheroes (second to MHA (Slayven, read/watch My Hero Academia ASAP)) and Each Other's Guardians would make a great serial.

Too many to the point of them not adding anything to discussions and instead just posting
reaction gifs with a single sentence to most things. They had been warned multiple times throughout the years to stop that shit. Then they doubled down with that garbage post saying neogaf is a slightly better reddit. Then tripled down when most of the posters in the OT agreed with it.

God damn. They dug their own grave with that one. They probably would have been fine if they didn't agree with that post which tried to put mods on blast.

I wish reaction Gifs were banned and conversation of substance was enforced.

I wish reaction Gifs were banned and conversation of substance was enforced.

That would be amazingly difficult with volunteer mods. Across even just the first page threads of each section? That's a huge, huge undertaking that's just not feasible on a forum the size of GAF.

Hell, even looking across the last two pages in this thread, how many posts would survive? 3-4?

D i Z

People don't pay attention to details of what you tell them to their face. Reading an article has been a lost cause for most. Comprehension is where the bar shouldn't fall below.

Bans for spicy language are way too inconsistent. I've been banned for telling someone to fuck off because they were being racist and disingenuous, but people tell each other to fuck off all the time.

To be perfectly honest Nips telling old boy off was perfectly warranted as he's a well known anti-black poster

ED: I guess we're to let this drop tho so whatever

D i Z

Bans for spicy language are way too inconsistent. I've been banned for telling someone to fuck off because they were being racist and disingenuous, but people tell each other to fuck off all the time.

To be perfectly honest Nips telling old boy off was perfectly warranted as he's a well known anti-black poster

ED: I guess we're to let this drop tho so whatever

But he prob ran to the fuzz first. It's the tactic that thins the herd. It's dropped. I just wanted to call you a mother nur nur before we're done.

Does this mean I need to stop the dating yo' momma jokes now? Asking for the potentially aggravated.

D i Z

You all aren't going to fuck up my new and improved Domino thirst moment with these shenanigans.

Plz don't get BCT popgafed

Wait for the bodies to drop before you run to the fallout shelter. Also, love what you did with the OP. Saying it again for posterity.

speaking of yuri, Ogino Jun is an underrated gem. Gamma is one of the better japanese takes on superheroes (second to MHA (Slayven, read/watch My Hero Academia ASAP)) and Each Other's Guardians would make a great serial.

Tiger and Bunny is also a great homage to the superhero genre.

Kreed

1. Shit goes down? ✔️
2. The whole GAF Army better yet a Navy is in here? ✔️

So ends another BCT cycle. So let's start a new one by talking about some Black news, literally:

HBO and Amazon are developing their respective controversial alt-history series Confederate and Black America for the small screen, but Studio 8 is aiming bigger with Black. With its premise of a nation where only African-Americans possess superpowers, the comic series from Black Mask Studios has been optioned for a feature by the Jeff Robinov-founded company, I’ve learned.

Studio 8 EVP Creative Jon Silk brought the project into the fold and will oversee its development with executive Rishi Rajani. Representing Black Mask as well as the Black creators, the deal was with Studio 8 negotiated by Matthew Sugarman at the L.A. office of Weintraub Tobin.

Having just wrapped its initial six-issue run, the series created by Kwanza Osajyefo and Tim Smith 3 starts with a police shooting in Brooklyn that sees teen Kareem Jenkins survive a hail of bullets and discover that he is a lot more powerful than he ever knew. As Jenkins connects with others who share similar powers, a widespread oppressive global conspiracy to keep the knowledge of such superpowers from the world — and especially the black community — themselves is unveiled to all.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/black-superhero-movie-black-mask-studios-studio-8-1202142005/

Top Bottom