• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Johndoey

Banned
They turned The Dark Tower into a mediocre YA movie with a lead that can't fucking emote. Applause all a fucking round folks. This is some straight up monkey paw shit. "Oh you want a Dark Tower movie? Sure hon here's a motherfucking Pendragon also ran with Dark Tower slapped on". Fuck Sony. Fuck Hollywood. Fuck me for paying money for this shit.
---
Anyway on it's own the movie is just a dull mess. Matthew McCanaughey is the best part of the movie cause he's just mugging the entire time. There could've been worse choices for Flagg.

Why is ABC hyping the Blackhelorrette I swear they let everyone know the ending before the show started because of "reasons" unless I'm misremembering

Also Kreed with them Jay-Z lyrics

Johndoey

Banned
What really pisses me off is even if this movie does well enough to spawn a proper series we'll never get decent versions of Eddie and Susannah.
--
Given a few of the details in the movie, if you want to take it as an extended epilogue to the seventh book you can. Which is weirdly disheartening.
--
The basic plot is Jake has the most shine of anyone so Flagg wants to use Jake in his shine machine to blow up the Tower.

Malyse

What's that

The first bell in the fall of humanity.

It's a biological device that allows for the removal or insertion of DNA sequences. It's intended to combat diseases and genetic abnormalities, but it's only a matter of time before it's weaponized. For example, giving an entire country hemophilia. Or making it so that anyone of a specific minority dies immediately when they come in a certain area. I can think of a million ways to abuse, extort, or otherwise victimize the world with CRISPR with little to no effort and I'm the lowest tier of villain. Now imagine if someone with no morals whatsoever got their hands on it.

It's the most dangerous thing humanity has created since the nuclear bomb and the worst part of it all is that CRISPR could kill this entire planet by mistake. It's one of the few things that actively terrifies me.

-----

Blood and milk tastes terrible together. I was lied to.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member

It's a biological device that allows for the removal or insertion of DNA sequences. It's intended to combat diseases and genetic abnormalities, but it's only a matter of time before it's weaponized. For example, giving an entire country hemophilia. Or making it so that anyone of a specific minority dies immediately when they come in a certain area. I can think of a million ways to abuse, extort, or otherwise victimize the world with CRISPR with little to no effort and I'm the lowest tier of villain. Now imagine if someone with no morals whatsoever got their hands on it.

It's the most dangerous thing humanity has created since the nuclear bomb and the worst part of it all is that CRISPR could kill this entire planet by mistake. It's one of the few things that actively terrifies me.

Huh never really thought about it that way but you're right. Damn that could be used for some heinous shit when exploited.

Malyse

Huh never really thought about it that way but you're right. Damn that could be used for some heinous shit when exploited.

The other extrapolation is where we try to start fixing shit that don't need fixing. Imagine if they try to biologically eliminate homosexuality. Imagine if they try to start regressing cell decay so you get younger. Imagine if they try to cure death. Now imagine they make a mistake somewhere.

It's straight up apocalypse scenario.

-----

Blood and milk tastes terrible together. I was lied to.

Okay, now I'm scared of CRISPR and it seems I should be.

LotusHD

Banned
My son a faggot, shit he dead oh well that's carry that shit on

Yea I'm like WTF?

I've been waiting since Season 1 for this talk, and while it was largely predictable that Alvey would react that way, y'all really went ahead and fucking killed him immediately afterwards?
The character that y'all barely give an adequate amount of screentime to begin with? Y'all really just went ahead and fridged him like that?

And like, I heard that they didn't necessarily plan to have this be the final season (which is obvious considering some of the subplots), but either way, it just pissed me off, because it still doesn't change the fact that they planned on having him die immediately after coming out. He's dead, just like that, don't even see his body next episode, and then the episode happens, that's your finale, ohh, they're so sad Nate died, blah blah blah, the fight happens, the end. Fuck. That.

Even more irritating seeing as how they wasted time on Christina's whole situation, as well as Dom. Fuck his creepy ass wasting the runtime lmao, when we could have gotten Nate to confess earlier on in the season.

andthebeatgoeson

In a vacuum the idea sounds good. In our reality, it will be abused to harm minorities and the poor.
Stepped in dog shit this evening. I mean, a FB thread on tipping with multiple black service people shitting on black women as the worst tippers. Tried to explain that the field ain't level and the system was made to fuck is over.

That's it's function. Reinforce the system. If it doesn't work, change the rules or the tools.

Order

I tried watching Flying Lotus' new movie Kuso, it took 10 minutes for me to NOPE the fuck out of there.

You gotta be in a certain mindset to watch that.

D i Z

It's too god damned hot. I need a volunteer for a sacrifice to cool everyone down. Step up and put your name in the crab bucket.

Slayven

Is the new cuteness saying shit like "english is not my first language" or "i am not explaining myself well"?

Seems like i am seeing that more and more

^^^^^^Just sounds like fools coming up with new excuses.

It's too god damned hot. I need a volunteer for a sacrifice to cool everyone down. Step up and put your name in the crab bucket.

Sorry I'm refuse, besides you already sent me into the void to avert the hotep incursion.

D i Z

Is the new cuteness saying shit like "english is not my first language" or "i am not explaining myself well"?

Seems like i am seeing that more and more

Don't know what you mean by "cuteness".
Show us these Asian women on video that you're speaking of.

Sorry I'm refuse, besides you already sent me into the void to avert the hotep incursion.

It worked, and you came back. What the problem is???

Top Bottom