• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

akira28

The new just asking questions

get this from those european swarze piet threads and more. a nice islamic raisin in the whipped cream thread.

my question is how can you take away the sheer joy of black pete from this child?
i1GvUe2.jpg

what kind of monster are you? are you like the rubber fetish monster in the background?

get this from those european swarze piet threads and more. a nice islamic raisin in the whipped cream thread.

my question is how can you take away the sheer joy of black pete from this child?

what kind of monster are you? are you like the rubber fetish monster in the background?

.....oh hell no. What the fuck, Europe.

akira28

.....oh hell no. What the fuck, Europe.

just remember. that's a white guy who is covered in chimney soot. Not a moorish captive or a freed african slave. Its just a scary Spaniard or Italian, and the whole moorish invaders and the racial history from that doesn't have any bearing on the legends.

just remember. that's a white guy who is covered in chimney soot. Not a moorish captive or a freed african slave. Its just a scary Spaniard or Italian, and the whole moorish invaders and the racial history from that doesn't have any bearing on the legends.

Someone made that excuse before, didn't they?

akira28

Someone made that excuse before, didn't they?

that's one of the piet origins, along with the freed slave and moorish captive origin. 20th century pete is just a swarthy white guy for some reason, who also happens to clean chimneys when he's not scaring children in Spain or giving out presents in the Netherlands.

that's one of the piet origins, along with the freed slave and moorish captive origin. 20th century pete is just a swarthy white guy for some reason, who also happens to clean chimneys when he's not scaring children in Spain or giving out presents in the Netherlands.

..........Huh.

First impressions of Marvel's Inhumans
Simply awful. I'm so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does. But this is absolutely terrible. The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren't that crash hot either. It's only saving grace is Lockjaw who is adorable. As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.

When a guy who actually liked Iron Fist hates this show you know shit is about to go down.

akira28

all the budget went into making a dog teleport, and now they have just enough left to make a shitty super power soap opera.

RedSwirl

Seems like governments and regulators are already clamping down hard on that CRISPR stuff. Reminds me of how some are thinking about regulating the use of robots in warfare.

If governments haven't already started drawing up rules on robots, scientists have already started suggesting they should make it illegal to create robots and AIs that can independently decide to kill. Think about it: someone could program drones and terminators to automatically kill members of a certain ethnic group for instance. Governments are afraid that as soon as one entity breaks those rules, the Pandora's box is forever open.

I've briefly lurked this thread a few times but I'm gonna stick around and try to contribute now.

Where you're from - London, UK
Where you live - London, UK
What is your age? - 20 (21 in 3 weeks)
Do you know your roots - I think so
Favorite musical genre - I'm not much of a music person but I really like all that retro synth stuff. My absolute favourite type of music is whatever Daft Punk does. Love listening to Michael Jackson too, though I'm still going through his albums proper. Grew up listening to songs from albums like "Essential Michael Jackson" and "Number Ones" so I've only really heard the major hits.
Your profession/major/career interest - Trying to get into the film industry, on the production side.
Your religious affiliation - I like to think there's a higher power but I don't subscribe to any religion.
Hobbies - Watching movies, playing the odd video game, reading books and comics, reading up on film and sometimes drawing.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I'm British and never been to the US so I've only had KFC, and... eh. Wish I knew where to get good fried chicken here.
Marvel or DC? - I really like some DC stuff but I'll always be a Marvel man. Grew up with Marvel comics.
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man.
Anime or Nah? - I'm really picky. The only series I watch (and rewatch) is Cowboy Bebop. All other anime I watch are films from Ghibli and other similar things.
Favorite sport and team? - I'm not a sports person but I do find tennis entertaining to watch.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Beauty and the Beast
What's your favorite video game and genre? - I don't know if I have one. Prince of Persia 2008, I suppose, but less for the gameplay and more for everything else. Actually feels Persian unlike all the other games.

Faustek

I am laughing so hard at DBZ tapping into the multiverse and timeline fuckery.......

I have no shame in catching a mofo in the back of the head with a rock

And that's why my money is on you.

--

So ok, Black America. I remember reading about it but forgot about it. The comics any good?

LionPride

Banned
I've briefly lurked this thread a few times but I'm gonna stick around and try to contribute now.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Father is from Iran and mother is from Finland. I'm more in touch with the Iranian side than Finnish and so is my mum, funnily enough.
Favorite musical genre - I'm not much of a music person but I really like all that retro synth stuff. My absolute favourite type of music is whatever Daft Punk does. Love listening to Michael Jackson too, though I'm still going through his albums proper. Grew up listening to songs from albums like "Essential Michael Jackson" and "Number Ones" so I've only really heard the major hits.
Your profession/major/career interest - Trying to get into the film industry, on the production side.
Your religious affiliation - I like to think there's a higher power but I don't subscribe to any religion.
Hobbies - Watching movies, playing the odd video game, reading books and comics, reading up on film and sometimes drawing.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I'm British and never been to the US so I've only had KFC, and... eh. Wish I knew where to get good fried chicken here.
Marvel or DC? - I really like some DC stuff but I'll always be a Marvel man. Grew up with Marvel comics.
Anime or Nah? - I'm really picky. The only series I watch (and rewatch) is Cowboy Bebop. All other anime I watch are films from Ghibli and other similar things.
Favorite sport and team? - I'm not a sports person but I do find tennis entertaining to watch.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - I don't know if I have one. Prince of Persia 2008, I suppose, but less for the gameplay and more for everything else. Actually feels Persian unlike all the other games.
British KFC is supposedly better than the garbage they feed us over here...

Damn shame

Faustek

Shy I heard a rumour that you could hook me up with the So well Spoken pod. Was gonna get into it but the first 20 something are missing :(

Johndoey

Banned
Oh of course Slayven would gather a crew of heavy-hitters to attack me on my birthday

SHAME
Happy Birthday!
You complete monster!
---
Good Morning all. May peace be upon you and those you cherish. May your days on this Earth be plentiful and blessed. May your enemies be driven before you bleeding and broken and may their suffering be eternal.

Johndoey

Banned

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Father is from Iran and mother is from Finland. I'm more in touch with the Iranian side than Finnish and so is my mum, funnily enough.
Yo!
One question.
What's your favorite ship?

Johndoey

Banned
Nah man when I say Ship brother I mean Ship. If you catch my drift, if you're riding my wave, if you're spying what I'm spying.

*Wink*

zeemumu

You know what sinks a ship? The canon!

Ba dum tss!

Ahaha thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Tip your watiress.

So, now I'm dealing with the conundrum of whether to get a psn card to buy games from this sale or get a PayPal card to pick up timesplitters. Decisions decisions.

zeemumu

So, now I'm dealing with the conundrum of whether to get a psn card to buy games from this sale or get a PayPal card to pick up timesplitters. Decisions decisions.

I still own Timesplitters on PS2 and Timesplitters 2 on Gamecube so I'd be biased and say go for the sale

What's on the psn sale?

Top Bottom