• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Good morning all

I'd go with Timesplitter. I've been wanting to pick it up as well.

I know...and I found a good price for Timesplitters 2

I wish this was my avatar

Which Timesplitters we talking about?

I still own Timesplitters on PS2 and Timesplitters 2 on Gamecube so I'd be biased and say go for the sale

What's on the psn sale?

Some indie stuff 60% off with plus and a publisher sale. A few items in the indie sale I would like to get like Mount And Blade Warband as well as Enter the Gungeon and other games.

Zekes!

Big fan of enemas?
������
I know...and I found a good price for Timesplitters 2

Some indie stuff 60% off with plus and a publisher sale. A few items in the indie sale I would like to get like Mount And Blade Warband as well as Enter the Gungeon and other games.

I'll always advocate for playing Timesplitters 2 or 3

just know TS2 plays like Goldeneye and TS3 plays like a post-Halo console FPS

LionPride

Banned
Never owned any TimeSplitters game but I played them a lot at my friends house years ago. They're really fun.

It's inconsistent in quality. Can range from shit to OK.

Like... Tumblr type ship? I don't have one.

Spaceship? Millennium Falcon.

image.php

I've been on Gaf for a while, only stumble on these threads here and there.

Where you're from - NY, NY
Where you live - NY, NY
What is your age? - 34
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a biracial black guy raised by a culturally deaf white lady, and was radicalized in 2012 to fight for the existence of black and brown folks, especially in the games industry. I don't know where my dad's from. Close to doing 23 and me.
Do you know your roots - I am learning.
Favorite musical genre - Hip-Hop, but really my tastes are an eclectic ball of yarn.
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in games, both indie and AAA. I'd like to teach. I write/do art/design/consult/give talks etc.
Your religious affiliation - I affiliate with Lutherans because my fiancee is one, but I'm not religious.
Hobbies - Poetry on instagram, writing rap lyrics. Everything else I do professionally.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Depends on the mood/budget
Favorite superhero? - Thanos
Anime or Nah? - Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gungrave
Favorite sport and team? - I find basketball entertaining, and the MLB Home Run Derby. Was raised a Mets fan.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Between Aladdin and Lion King, but really, fuck Disney.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Favorite game is forever up for debate, somewhere in the Super Mario Bros., Killer7, Fire Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon (NES) Street Fighter II, The Punisher (ARC), Binding of Isaac+, FTL, Link's Awakening, Wario Land, etc. range, favorite genre is "beat 'em ups".

zeemumu

������

I'll always advocate for playing Timesplitters 2 or 3

just know TS2 plays like Goldeneye and TS3 plays like a post-Halo console FPS

I always enjoyed playing infection mode and putting remote mines on my AI teammates to blow 'em up when they got overwhelmed

I'm so hyped for this movie. We're bringing coulrophobia back

Great, now you guys are making it harder to choose.

Just go for TS2 if you don't own it. It's a pretty good game with a really nice level creator

I've been on Gaf for a while, only stumble on these threads here and there.

Where you're from - NY, NY
Where you live - NY, NY
What is your age? - 34
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a biracial black guy raised by a culturally deaf white lady, and was radicalized in 2012 to fight for the existence of black and brown folks, especially in the games industry. I don't know where my dad's from. Close to doing 23 and me.
Do you know your roots - I am learning.
Favorite musical genre - Hip-Hop, but really my tastes are an eclectic ball of yarn.
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in games, both indie and AAA. I'd like to teach. I write/do art/design/consult/give talks etc.
Your religious affiliation - I affiliate with Lutherans because my fiancee is one, but I'm not religious.
Hobbies - Poetry on instagram, writing rap lyrics. Everything else I do professionally.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Depends on the mood/budget
Favorite superhero? - Thanos
Anime or Nah? - Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gungrave
Favorite sport and team? - I find basketball entertaining, and the MLB Home Run Derby. Was raised a Mets fan.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Between Aladdin and Lion King, but really, fuck Disney.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Favorite game is forever up for debate, somewhere in the Super Mario Bros., Killer7, Fire Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon (NES) Street Fighter II, The Punisher (ARC), Binding of Isaac+, FTL, Link's Awakening, Wario Land, etc. range, favorite genre is "beat 'em ups".

Killer 7 fan?

my nigga my nigga myyyyy nigga

Village

Hello party people

Happy friday, whats going on new folks

What are you all up to, what are you all doin?

As for me, I got this dope ass, Black/Native/dragon man american cowboy samurai look in ff14 and i'm happy with it

zeemumu

Hello party people

As for me, I got this dope ass, Black/Native/dragon man american cowboy samurai look in ff14 and i'm happy with it

Gonna hang out at a friend's place tonight, might go to another horror-themed con/festival over the weekend, have to plan for my birthday that's coming up soon.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Hello party people

Meeting up with a girl I haven't seen in a few so hopefully that goes well. How's FF14? Always wanted to get into it but never did.

Good afternoon, fam. Everybody good?
Afternoon. Good as can be with the boss out for the day. How about yourself?

D i Z

Hey Lightning. How far did you get in Marvel Heroes Omega? I got my ass handed to me at the Loki fight and decided to build a better character for another run at him ( was using DareDevil cos he's free)... but then I keep getting sidetracked by things like Pyslockes Lady Mandarin skin being limited so I gotta get it etc..

Hey Lightning. How far did you get in Marvel Heroes Omega? I got my ass handed to me at the Loki fight and decided to build a better character for another run at him ( was using DareDevil cos he's free)... but then I keep getting sidetracked by things like Pyslockes Lady Mandarin skin being limited so I gotta get it etc..

I'm still in Hell's Kitchen dealing with Venom's nonsense.

I'd be angry if it wasn't free. The destruction physics are fun, but Just Cause 2 is superior but in every way

Yeah, gotta agree. Just Cause 2 was way better.

Does that game scratch the marvel ultimate alliance itch?

Kinda. I always want to hit the end game content for these games before I really judge how well it stacks up though.

You need to finish the story before the endgame stuff? You didn't use to but I haven't played in a year or maybe more.

IIRC, Loki part 2 of the fight can be tricky if it's your first character and you don't have much gear.

(Or is Omega the PS4 version only?)

zeemumu

Detroit apparently will get you depressed as fuck

Between this and First They Killed My Father y'all are trying to keep me in a depressed rut. Might as well do a double feature of Dear Zachary and Making a Murderer

I'm actually pretty backed up on my movie list (haven't even gone to see Wonder Woman yet)

D i Z

You need to finish the story before the endgame stuff? You didn't use to but I haven't played in a year or maybe more.

IIRC, Loki part 2 of the fight can be tricky if it's your first character and you don't have much gear.

(Or is Omega the PS4 version only?)

I've got one patrol and one event open before hitting level cap. I'm assuming there is more when I hit 60 and/or finish the story. Loki's second phase was on some bullshit when i got to him, obviously under leveled and under geared. I think I was still in the 40's.

Well, have you seen their sports teams recently?

lol

Killer 7 fan?

my nigga my nigga myyyyy nigga

Yeah, love it to death. Also in recent years I became friends with SUDA 51 (invited him and other Grasshopper Manufacture peeps to get Katz's pastrami and blew their minds), although I've only gotten him to sign my copies of Super Fire pro. Waiting to buy a Japanese copy of Killer 7 before I ask him to sign it.

Also, I will be seeing Detroit... but probably on streaming. Hearing not so great things about it.

Village

Meeting up with a girl I haven't seen in a few so hopefully that goes well. How's FF14? Always wanted to get into it but never did.

Its pretty tight, I really like it. It is as of currently my favorite final fantasy. Does have issues though, for example a lot of the stuff in the game is rather... antiquated I guess? Despite that its still quite fun.

ScareLA. Never been before. I did go to Midsummer Scream last week, though. It's a similar idea but it's in Long Beach

Hope you have fun, while I can't say I scare easily. I can say scary movies aren't exactly my jam, If its horror I prefer horror cheese.

Detroit apparently will get you depressed as fuck

And according to a former police chief, still a bit tame as compared to what really happened.

Well, have you seen their sports teams recently?

Damn!

Was hoping that SVG would get them back into a good spot but then last season happened :( (They need to trade Stanley Johnson to us so that Pop and Chip turn him into Kawhi-lite)

I've got one patrol and one event open before hitting level cap. I'm assuming there is more when I hit 60 and/or finish the story. Loki's second phase was on some bullshit when i got to him, obviously under leveled and under geared. I think I was still in the 40's.

oh yeah, 40s with probably story gear is bad :p

Get to 60, do a couple Midtown (or whatever is the map of the day now) runs for some cosmic/unique gear and artifacts and kill him. That's the end of the vanilla MH story and then there's probably sutff they added next (more Asgard crap, skrulls and can't remember more).

zeemumu

Hope you have fun, while I can't say I scare easily. I can say scary movies aren't exactly my jam, If its horror I prefer horror cheese.

I'm a huge horror fan so I'm into all of that. I have a preference to ghost stories and body horror, though. And I don't mean explicitly gore. I mean anything that makes a body do something that it really shouldn't be doing. The Thing is a good example.

Top Bottom