• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Shy

God this house stinks. But then that's what happens when you keep leaving the fucking door open.
Mornin' everyone.
Mornin' all.
Good afternoon, fam. Everybody good?
Evening one and all.
Anyone seeing Detroit?
I'm not. I think the film is tacky. The problem is still on going, and people are still suffering.

D i Z

And according to a former police chief, still a bit tame as compared to what really happened.

Damn!

Was hoping that SVG would get them back into a good spot but then last season happened :( (They need to trade Stanley Johnson to us so that Pop and Chip turn him into Kawhi-lite)

oh yeah, 40s with probably story gear is bad :p

Get to 60, do a couple Midtown (or whatever is the map of the day now) runs for some cosmic/unique gear and artifacts and kill him. That's the end of the vanilla MH story and then there's probably sutff they added next (more Asgard crap, skrulls and can't remember more).

Good looking out on the tips. I've got two characters just begging to hit 60, so I'm going to push through and get those synergy bonuses as well.

Evenin' Brother Shy.

Good looking out on the tips. I've got two characters just begging to hit 60, so I'm going to push through and get those synergy bonuses as well.

Np. And yeah, some of the synergy bonuses are crazy (or used to be).

And you know that each character that you get to 60 will increase the leveling speed of the rest, right? I think it's 4 characters at 60 for +100% xp and then very very little for each one after that till 200%.

Well, I rolled around the choices in my head and thought about the value proposition of both Timesplitters 2 and a 25$ psn card. In the end, I get more bang for my buck with the sale and I already have Timesplitters 2 on watch on eBay so, Mount and Blade Warband and other games, here I come.

LionPride

Banned
Nigga
pma3dl5.jpg

D i Z

Np. And yeah, some of the synergy bonuses are crazy (or used to be).

And you know that each character that you get to 60 will increase the leveling speed of the rest, right? I think it's 4 characters at 60 for +100% xp and then very very little for each one after that till 200%.

Did not know that! But now I do.

road_rovers___colleen_into_werewolf_gif_by_brentparkforever10-dapm6sf.gif

TheSun

Well, I rolled around the choices in my head and thought about the value proposition of both Timesplitters 2 and a 25$ psn card. In the end, I get more bang for my buck with the sale and I already have Timesplitters 2 on watch on eBay so, Mount and Blade Warband and other games, here I come.

Noice.

When you get it, check out Prophecy of Pendor.

Pretty cool mod on the workshop.

Did not know that! But now I do.

road_rovers___colleen_into_werewolf_gif_by_brentparkforever10-dapm6sf.gif

Went looking for more recent/accurate info, if you are on PS4, the max synergy xp bonus is 100% :( and each lvl60 character gives 10%. (So 10 lvl60 heroes = 100% xp bonus)

I was wrong about PC too, you only get to 75% with 4 lvl60 heroes and then it's little increases until 200%.

Anyway, if you have any questions in the future, i'll be happy to help. (As long as i don't need to play it :p )

Beefy

How'd you see it early. It's not out here until the 10th.

Test screening, I have a few mates that work in my local cinema.

That is where all the reviews i heard put it. Average, that and you pretty much see all the action scenes in the commercials

Yep! The tunes they put in it feel forced. It's like they pick random good tunes from the 70s/80s snd just chuck them in. The acting is bad, again apart from McAvoy and the story is just meh.

Now make it about McAvoy's character and all that shit changes

Shy

Ahh. Gotcha.
Yep! The tunes they put in it feel forced. It's like they pick random good tunes from the 70s/80s snd just chuck them in. The acting is bad, again apart from McAvoy.
That's disappointing to hear.

Still gonna see it though.

Slayven

Yep! The tunes they put in it feel forced. It's like they pick random good tunes from the 70s/80s snd just chuck them in. The acting is bad, again apart from McAvoy and the story is just meh.

Now make it about McAvoy's character and all that shit changes

I heard they were planning to make a franchise, and do it by the decades. I always wanted someone to do a fight scene to "Bye Bye Bye"

Btw, not sure if any of you play GW2 but next expansion we're going back to Elona (aka ingame Africa) so they remembered that black people existed and added a bunch of 'faces' and hairstyles more fitting for black characters.

Of course this also will let white people roleplay their inner-Rachel Dolezal ...

DMVfan123

Banned
ANyone else watching Snowfall? If so how do you feel about Teddy's character?

I've been searching for someone who watches it

IMO, unless Teddy's and Lucia's stories get intertwined with Franklin's, it should be Franklin's show for the most part because he, Gustavo, and Lucia seem to be the only competent/semi-likable main characters on the show

Slayven

I've been searching for someone who watches it

IMO, unless Teddy's and Lucia's stories get intertwined with Franklin's, it should be Franklin's show for the most part because he, Gustavo, and Lucia seem to be the only competent/semi-likable main characters on the show

Yeah Franklin and the cartel stuff is fine, but they miss me with that "Why can't i sell out black and brown people and be a good person?" stuff

DMVfan123

Banned
Yeah Franklin and the cartel stuff is fine, but they miss me with that "Why can't i sell out black and brown people and be a good person?" stuff

A review that I saw on Rotten Tomatoes made a good point: these characters are smart, so why are they wasting intelligence on ruining people's lives?

Maybe Season 2 will go into the repercussions of crack in South Central

I heard they were planning to make a franchise, and do it by the decades. I always wanted someone to do a fight scene to "Bye Bye Bye"
An action movie with fight scenes all set to awful late '90s/early '00s songs? I'd watch it.

Shootout set to Britney Spears' Stronger. It could work in some weird way.

Slayven

Anybody watch Preacher. It's starting to really pick up now.
Not enough gun
A review that I saw on Rotten Tomatoes made a good point: these characters are smart, so why are they wasting intelligence on ruining people's lives?

Maybe Season 2 will go into the repercussions of crack in South Central

The ending of 3 should have sent Franklin and his boy home to be family men, ain't nobody about that life.

andthebeatgoeson

I've been on Gaf for a while, only stumble on these threads here and there.

Where you're from - NY, NY
Where you live - NY, NY
What is your age? - 34
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a biracial black guy raised by a culturally deaf white lady, and was radicalized in 2012 to fight for the existence of black and brown folks, especially in the games industry. I don't know where my dad's from. Close to doing 23 and me.
Do you know your roots - I am learning.
Favorite musical genre - Hip-Hop, but really my tastes are an eclectic ball of yarn.
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in games, both indie and AAA. I'd like to teach. I write/do art/design/consult/give talks etc.
Your religious affiliation - I affiliate with Lutherans because my fiancee is one, but I'm not religious.
Hobbies - Poetry on instagram, writing rap lyrics. Everything else I do professionally.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Depends on the mood/budget
Favorite superhero? - Thanos
Anime or Nah? - Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gungrave
Favorite sport and team? - I find basketball entertaining, and the MLB Home Run Derby. Was raised a Mets fan.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Between Aladdin and Lion King, but really, fuck Disney.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Favorite game is forever up for debate, somewhere in the Super Mario Bros., Killer7, Fire Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon (NES) Street Fighter II, The Punisher (ARC), Binding of Isaac+, FTL, Link's Awakening, Wario Land, etc. range, favorite genre is "beat 'em ups".
This origin story, doe

Mess fan? GTFO.

Beefy

Long as they don't have Theron in it or she actually decides to act

I watch it. But i'm not familiar with the comic.
I'm finding it meh at best. But i'm sticking with it out curiosity.

From what i understand though, is it isn't really faithful.

Cassidy is dope

RedSwirl

So I think this story might be kind of a big deal: Evidence seems to point that humans may have started farming (or proto-farming) about 30,000 years earlier than previously thought.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...-30000-years-earlier-than-previously-thought/

The reason I post this here is because right now most people believe farming and building cities started in the Middle East, India, China, and the Americas around 10,000 to 12,000 years ago or something, and before then it was all just nomadic hunter-gatherers. This new evidence though has come up because nobody thought to check for archaeological evidence of farming and permanent settlements in jungles and such. Now what we're finding is that humans in the equatorial forests of Africa, India, and Southeast Asia may have been creating mid-sized farms and towns as far back as 45,000 years ago. That kind of rewrites the book on when and where "civilization" started.

Maybe this could be a thread I dunno.

Malyse

Btw, not sure if any of you play GW2 but next expansion we're going back to Elona (aka ingame Africa) so they remembered that black people existed and added a bunch of 'faces' and hairstyles more fitting for black characters.

Of course this also will let white people roleplay their inner-Rachel Dolezal ...

Holy shit.

Johndoey

Banned
That is where all the reviews i heard put it. Average, that and you pretty much see all the action scenes in the commercials
I cannot overstate that the full staircase fight is a goddamn beautiful bit of violence. It's a masterpiece.

I watch it. But i'm not familiar with the comic.
I'm finding it meh at best. But i'm sticking with it out curiosity.

From what i understand though, is it isn't really faithful.
It's a different beast.
---
I really liked the first season, haven't gotten around to the second. The main cast is made up of some of my favorite working actors so I'm biased.

D i Z

Top Bottom