• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

shingi70

Banned
Even when your two best friends and more than half of your peers are saying their disappointed with what you did, as long as your cis white dude in video games people will cap for you.

shingi70

Banned
Yeah, that's pretty much the norm.

It's just frustrating that a ton of different women all in different roles in this industry arent given the benefit of the doubt, and they're all in on some crazy Feminst conspiracy. Even when this dudes closet friends react negatively it's still somehow just a witch hunt.

Also just going through that thread and it's sad, how many talking points I saw in the Incel/Red Pill line of thinking just thrown around so casually. Niggas straight up saying that asking for nudes isn't harassment and these women should be flattered.

As a Blerd Irs just annoying to see how these fanbases aren't shit, and how insecure all these niggas are over fucking comics, anime, and games.

Yeah, it's disgusting.

Threads like that really highlight how different gaming and off-topic are. Almost night and day, at times.

The random image of BBC's political editor (also named Nick Robinson) did get a laugh out of me, though.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, it's disgusting.

Threads like that really highlight how different gaming and off-topic are. Almost night and day, at times.

The random image of BBC's political editor (also named Nick Robinson) did get a laugh out of me, though.
They aren't really that different. OT just knows how to hide it better.

And people wonder why women that enjoy this hobby just stay silent most of the time.

Gave me the willies something fierce man, just something off about people trying to defend creepy ass dudes harassing women.

D i Z

It's just frustrating that a ton of different women all in different roles in this industry arent given the benefit of the doubt, and they're all in on some crazy Feminst conspiracy. Even when this dudes closet friends react negatively it's still somehow just a witch hunt.

Also just going through that thread and it's sad, how many talking points I saw in the Incel/Red Pill line of thinking just thrown around so casually. Niggas straight up saying that asking for nudes isn't harassment and these women should be flattered.

As a Blerd Irs just annoying to see how these fanbases aren't shit, and how insecure all these niggas are over fucking comics, anime, and games.

These dudes aren't ever going to change. The common denominator is that they think their interests are more important than people, and they have been treating the people around them in this manner for as long as they can remember. The problem always comes when they can't find affection from others. Then they think because games and movies and tech cater to their fantasies but not their realities, suddenly, they matter. They don't. And they need to remember why they don't or they keep harassing people who want nothing to do with their dusty asses. And it never ends well for the person they are focused on.

Johndoey

Banned
A bored Bruce Willis indiscriminately gunning down folk in Chicago while the public at large cheers him on is definitely something. It's something. Something. S O M E T H I N G
--
mother! could be interesting. I more or less appreciate Jlaw and love Bardem.
Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0NF2YP7SU8
--
What thread we talking?

Presented for your pleasure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415751

Broad strokes: Shitheel in the industry has been harassing women. Dudes actual real life friends don't defend his behavior, but random neogaf users sure do. Other people decide it's the perfect time for their sick Polygon hot takes.

Beefy

A bored Bruce Willis indiscriminately gunning down folk in Chicago while the public at large cheers him on is definitely something. It's something. Something. S O M E T H I N G
--
mother! could be interesting. I more or less appreciate Jlaw and love Bardem.
--

Presented for your pleasure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415751

Broad strokes: Shitheel in the industry has been harassing women. Dudes actual real life friends don't defend his behavior, but random neogaf users sure do. Other people decide it's the perfect time for their sick Polygon hot takes.

Yeah just seen that shit. It's why I never get attached to a celeb etc, no one knows what they are really like. Dude needs to lose his job and learn respect

D i Z

Yeah just seen that shit. It's why I never get attached to a celeb etc, no one knows what they are really like. Dude needs to lose his job and learn respect

Most people don't know who the hell he is. He's only relevant because of names that he's been attached to over the years ( I can't pinpoint a single thing I knew him doing himself back when I was watching Rev3, this has changed? I dunno.), but he works in an industry of news that is very selective about the voices speaking said news, let's say. The dude is doing what other people envision themselves doing, and some comments about his practices are like "So? gimme some of that".

People will forget about this when he's disappeared, or he removes himself. All offended parties can live with that, I guess.

Btw, Beefy. Send tit pics.

D i Z

I been gone all day on some work and shit popped off, eh?

What you talkin' bout? We're good here.

it-wasnt-me-shaggy-music-video-gif-68d13cf26c4b4f4f932e3eff990093ba.gif

I don't even know the context here but yes to Kenan & Kel

You were just sitting in wait.... to post that????

I feel so behind everyone since I just recently got the full TPAB album(had a couple of songs from the album for a while now).

Institutionalized is such a good song.

Slayven

I remember when Jade Raymond was announced to launch AssCreed the first one. I saw some shit....I thought the industry would grow up, but in a lot of ways it actually regressed

Faustek

Sorry, I forget I gotta keep a calm mind when I'm in foreign lands. I'm just tired of being told nigger isnt racist to say because it never meant what people use it for in the dictionary. I don't give a shit bruh, whats the reason to use it? It has negative connotations, it has a fucked up history. I don't give a shit about semantics, but I'm cool, gotta think about my family. I just had a brief flash of anger.

Edit: this stemmed from my wife being called a nigger.

I'm truly sorry to hear and remember it's good to be angry just don't be that angry.

That will be reread later on but yes. Yes. We feel him.

IrishNinja

Even when your two best friends and more than half of your peers are saying their disappointed with what you did, as long as your cis white dude in video games people will cap for you.

i mean..i had every opportunity to see other perspectives coming up & adjust mine, and looking at my views from the early to mid aughts, it still took a bit for me to get right & just listen without reacting or trying to distance myself from shit.

as a white dude, there's a lotta fuckery i'm almost never gonna be checked on. you take some nerd shit like comics or games that's super insulated and that's only gonna become an exponential truth.

i like to tell myself every fuckwit YT "creator" on about SJW type shit will historically look back on their ass hanging out like folks fighting desegregation of schools & basic civil rights in the day, but honestly, those still alive, you think they really switched up their views much? fuckboy shit runs down to the bone

i love that black panther introduced me to dude. need to read more of his shit, he's one of the boule/heet/roland martin dudes i follow on twitter that put me onto some great stuff.

I remember when Jade Raymond was announced to launch AssCreed the first one. I saw some shit....I thought the industry would grow up, but in a lot of ways it actually regressed

remember those pre gg days when we got to assume/pretend it was a vile 4chan minority? and here we are

It's pretty obvious at this point that some folks in gaming side have no shame, no decency and no respect for others. It's pretty disgusting. And I should've known that Robinson thread was gonna go sideways when it started out, but just checked this morning and I see its 41 pages.....Nah. Not going in there.

----------------

Morning, folks.

That milkshake duck thread made me realize that alot of people fell from Grace when it was revealed they're assholes or even worse. Also learning that Jim Carrey and Robert DeNiro are anti vaxxers from that same thread is depressing. Also, was pretty surprised to see both sides nonsense in that thread. That was unexpected.

https://streamable.com/has3o

Jerrod Carmichael, Lil Rel Howery, Issa Rae, Lakeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Tessa Thompson, and Hannibal Burress. Directed by Alan Yang (co-creator of Master of None). Moonlight sitcom-Friends parody thing

Wow. Just wow. The revenge of Living Single is almost complete.

Shoutout to the Lauryn Hill sample, ironically on time. And I appreciate that Jay Z got a POC to direct.

TNC brings the truth. Black people don't need to wait and see on this to criticize the concept. Especially when two of the creators are known for problematic handling of controversial subjects (rape).

zeemumu

That milkshake duck thread made me realize that alot of people fell from Grace when it was revealed they're assholes or even worse. Also learning that Jim Carrey and Robert DeNiro are anti vaxxers from that same thread is depressing. Also, was pretty surprised to see both sides nonsense in that thread. That was unexpected.

Carrey picked up that mindset from Jenny McCarthy if I remember correctly.

Also I didn't realize being racist and being crazy had to be mutually exclusive.

Beefy

Most people don't know who the hell he is. He's only relevant because of names that he's been attached to over the years ( I can't pinpoint a single thing I knew him doing himself back when I was watching Rev3, this has changed? I dunno.), but he works in an industry of news that is very selective about the voices speaking said news, let's say. The dude is doing what other people envision themselves doing, and some comments about his practices are like "So? gimme some of that".

People will forget about this when he's disappeared, or he removes himself. All offended parties can live with that, I guess.

Btw, Beefy. Send tit pics.

Reports

---------------

Afternoon fam

zeemumu

Me either. Also he got it from McCarthy? Well, they did say love makes you do crazy things.

And he's not a Sandy Hook Truther but he did feel bad about doing Kick-Ass 2 because of how violent it was after Sandy Hook because he finished filming that about a month before it happened.

And he's not a Sandy Hook Truther but he did feel bad about doing Kick-Ass 2 because of how violent it was after Sandy Hook because he finished filming that about a month before it happened.

Yeah, I can understand that. No one expected that to happened...it still hurt though. The event and every republican politician out there sitting on their hands and not doing a fucking thing. That day made me realize this country would burn to the ground before any positive change happens, because if kids getting killed in their school didn't change people's mind, nothing will.

Kreed

This request sounds sensible at first pass. Should one not “reserve judgment” of a thing until after it has been seen? But HBO does not actually want the public to reserve judgment so much as it wants the public to make a positive judgment. A major entertainment company does not announce a big new show in hopes of garnering dispassionate nods of acknowledgement. HBO executives themselves judged Confederate before they’d seen it—they had to, as no television script actually exists. HBO hoped to communicate that approval to its audience through the announcement. And had that communication been successful, had Confederate been greeted with rapturous anticipation, it is hard to imagine the network asking its audience to tamp down and wait.

No one ever throws out a label like "Outrage culture" or "People are too sensitive" for positive comments.

Skepticism must be the order of the day. So that when Benioff asks “what would the world have looked like … if the South had won,” we should not hesitate to ask what Benioff means by “the South.” He obviously does not mean the minority of white Southern unionists, who did win. And he does not mean those four million enslaved blacks, whom the Civil War ultimately emancipated, yet whose victory was tainted. Comprising 40 percent of the Confederacy’s population, this was the South’s indispensable laboring class, its chief resource, its chief source of wealth, and the sole reason why a Confederacy existed in the first place. But they are not the subject of Benioff’s inquiry, because he is not so much asking about “the South” winning, so much as he is asking about “the white South” winning.

Knowing this, we do not have to wait to point out that comparisons between Confederate and The Man in the High Castle are fatuous. Nazi Germany was also defeated. But while its surviving leadership was put on trial before the world, not one author of the Confederacy was convicted of treason. Nazi Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop was hanged at Nuremberg. Confederate General John B. Gordon became a senator. Germany has spent the decades since World War II in national penance for Nazi crimes. America spent the decades after the Civil War transforming Confederate crimes into virtues. It is illegal to fly the Nazi flag in Germany. The Confederate flag is enmeshed in the state flag of Mississippi.

YDn6THs.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Woke up feeling like getting another tattoo. I just might do that

pIqsVoW.jpg

?
---
Armchair experts arbitrarily deciding "counts" as racism is always a joy to see. You can diagnose mental illness from a two minute snippet of a persons life, but claim racism? A bridge too fucking far apparently.

Top Bottom