• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Bronx-Man

Banned
That football thread in OT made me realize we're less than a year away from the next world cup.

Still let out a hearty chuckle these days when I think about Germany/Brazil...

The creepy kidnap subplot to RLM's reviews were... definitely indicative of something early on.

That was the clue and the red alert. Also, if your online pop culture entertainment franchise has no women and/or people of color, there's a pretty good chance of things going down hill fast. Also no LGBTQ as well.

Who sags in 2017?

I lot folks
Least where im at. Though trend is instead of wearing pants too big, wear too small pants.

Yeah, people sag skinny jeans now. IMHO it looks even more uncomfortable and difficult to maneuver in. But you do you, pants sagging people.

andthebeatgoeson

My plans kinda fell through yesterday :/

I'll probably just call and see if I can get a response. At least I have the Splatfest to pass the time

Team Ketchup let's go!
Stuck at a hotel and i can get WiFi but i can't connect to matches
Guess I'll have to settle for lemon pepper wings and beer

Beefy

No Jamaican can throw that allegation around freely when it comes to sprinters.

I would call any dude who has been caught twice for doping a cheat, be it Jamaican or American or some random as country. Have to remember I got a American dad man haha.

cdyhybrid

Christian Coleman goes to UTK jus sayin....

Take pride in that shit

How many pairs of these do you own?

xFRHZdC.jpg

Beefy

Sure thing. Let's Call Gat out if he tests badly. I saw him come out of nowhere and endure some abuse to do it.

I am calling him out for being a drugs cheat (not that he is one now). It's weird how the Russians have been banned but still other drugs cheats are allowed to take part. I say that for every drugs cheat.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't believe Bolt went into that final with his hair looking like that.

Probably the reason he ran so slow.

D i Z

I am calling him out for being a drugs cheat (not that his in one now). It's weird how the Russians have been banned but still other drugs cheats are allowed to take part.

He still beat the top picks. Until they say otherwise, he did it legit.

D i Z

I get that fam, I am saying a person caught cheating twice should be allowed to be a athlete.

I feel where you're coming from. But who honestly thinks that they aren't all using whatever they can get away with? I don't know the extent of his suspension or the details, but he served whatever was put in front of him. Regardless, a Bolt still on his game would have taken this. His retirement makes sense today.

Beefy

I feel where you're coming from. But who honestly thinks that they aren't all using whatever they can get away with? I don't know the extent of his suspension or the details, but he served whatever was put in front of him. Regardless, a Bolt still on his game would have taken this. His retirement make sense today.

Gatlin was given a life time ban on his 2nd doping offence. But he took it to court and got it dropped to 8 yrs and then took it to court again and got it dropped to 4 yrs. Athletics is way too easy on cheats. If Bolt got caught I would feel the same about him

D i Z

Gatlin was given a life time ban on his 2nd doping offence. But he took it to court and got it dropped to 8 yrs and then took it to court again and got it dropped to 4 yrs. Athletics is way too easy on cheats. If Bolt got caught I would feel the same about him

Since we're here, let's put the details on the wood then.

In 2001, Gatlin was banned from international competition for two years after testing positive for amphetamines. Gatlin appealed on the grounds that the positive test had been due to medication that he had been taking since his childhood, when he was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder. The appeal resulted in an early reinstatement by the IAAF.[8]

On July 29, 2006, Gatlin told the media that he had been informed by the USADA that he had given a positive doping test in April the same year. He claimed his innocence in the matter:

I cannot account for these results, because I have never knowingly used any banned substance or authorized anyone to administer such a substance to me.[9]

It is believed that the substance that Gatlin tested positive for was "testosterone or its precursor."[10] The failed test was revealed after a relay race on April 22, 2006 in Lawrence, Kansas. The "B" sample was confirmed as positive in July.

Gatlin was coached by Trevor Graham. Among athletes Graham has coached, eight have tested positive or received bans for performance-enhancing drugs.[11] After Gatlin's failed test, Graham stated in an interview that Gatlin had been sabotaged.[12] He blamed massage therapist Christopher Whetstine for rubbing a creme with testosterone onto Gatlin's buttocks without his knowledge. The therapist denied the claim, saying: "Trevor Graham is not speaking on behalf of Justin Gatlin and the story about me is not true."[13]

On August 22, 2006, Gatlin accepted an eight-year ban from track and field, avoiding a lifetime ban in exchange for his cooperation with the doping authorities, and because of the "exceptional circumstances" surrounding his first positive drug test. Gatlin appealed against the ban; an arbitration panel reduced it to four years at a hearing in December 2007.[14][15] His 9.77s performance, set in May 2006, was annulled.

D i Z

Wonder what the special circumstances were? But as I said Athletics is far to easy on cheats. Apart from when it is Russia ��

Ben Johnson got a second shot and blew that. At the time, all of them were juicing, they would later admit. So I see what you're saying, but also they tried to knock The Williams sisters with that same logic. Even the player that can't win shit, but gets paid for her looks got let off after doping. The entire concept of "catching cheats" is stupid. They have one job. And it is to be better than human in these events.

TheSun

:-/

I remember a time when Snoop dogg came to my school.

This was around the time when he still had his peewee football league. He needed a field to practice in, and our school was the closest I guess.

Right, in order to do this he needed to give some bullshit words of encouragement. It was obvious he really needed the field and him speaking was begged by the school~

"Be good and do good on tests" was basically what it amounted to. Naturally some students wanted a picture with him, so of course they got it.

the picture boy/dumbass left the zoom all the way, so they only got a picture his mustache. It was a group shot gone to waste.

Yeah.

Top Bottom