• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

So weird that Rick & Morty was the show that made me realize how utterly creepy love potions are.

Seriously, love potions are completely fucked. Also the result of Morty's potion bullshit
ruined his entire world
...way to fuck up, morty. Also season 3 is great so far.
Pickle RIIIIIIICCCCCCKK!!!

Johndoey

Banned
Anyone buying Lawbreakers? It's caught my eye a little bit.
-
ukaqVxf.jpg

cdyhybrid

Man the NFL is the sunken place, they ltierally rushing out to be one of the good ones
It's mostly former players telling him to get in line. There are current players that are standing up for him at least.

The players let the owners walk all over them though so I doubt anything changes.

Mediking

Damn there's a really good Metal Gear Solid quote that fits my feelings right now...

I think it goes... "A man without a country" or a "a man abandoned by his people/nation".

Slayven

the live action Max steel is on tv, might get my John Doey on

It's mostly former players telling him to get in line. There are current players that are standing up for him at least.

The players let the owners walk all over them though so I doubt anything changes.

NBA and NFL are so night and day.

LionPride

Banned
All the current players are basically sayin "No it's 'cism"

Former players are saying "Well hold on now how do we know it's REALLY racism? He just needs to stand"

His GF didn't help by uploadin that post tho

Malyse

Beyond Human is a dope ass Metroidvania.

Also, I'm bout to start a war with the squirrel population. Motherfuckers cost me $80 today.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I actually learned how creepy the concept of love potions are when I saw Harry Potter. Was it Half-Blood Prince? Yeah, I think that was the one.

Great movie. Everyone always like "Oh man, Prisoner of Azkaban is the best!" but I'm like nah, Half-Blood Prince. I remember a bunch of interviews beforehand where the cast was all "This is the darkest Harry Potter yet. But also the funniest! And the most romantic!" I didn't think you could pull all that off at once but nah, they did it.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, love potions. Creepy as hell.

Slayven

I actually learned how creepy the concept of love potions are when I saw Harry Potter. Was it Half-Blood Prince? Yeah, I think that was the one.

Great movie. Everyone always like "Oh man, Prisoner of Azkaban is the best!" but I'm like nah, Half-Blood Prince. I remember a bunch of interviews beforehand where the cast was all "This is the darkest Harry Potter yet. But also the funniest! And the most romantic!" I didn't think you could pull all that off at once but nah, they did it.

61142b3a09aa69090bfecdba0d4b2439.jpg

Thanos wanted to give his little brother a gift, so he gave him the ability to make everyone like him. But Thanos wiped his mind so Starfox thought he just developed this ability on his own. Thanos eventually had to testify at his brother's rape case.

Actually flip that, Starfox wanted to give Thanos a gift, he made Thanos fall in love with Death.

Is it worse than the live action adaptations of Ben 10?

Oh gosh, I remember that crap....it was awful.

-------------

So question for you guys. Let me explain first. There's this anime called no game, no life. In this show, you can become a ruler of a country by playing a game, any game. Video game, board game, Sports game. So the question is this, if you could become ruler of a country by playing a game, what would it be?

For me, Def Jam: Fight for NY. My skills with Ludacris gonna win me the US.

D i Z

61142b3a09aa69090bfecdba0d4b2439.jpg

Thanos wanted to give his little brother a gift, so he gave him the ability to make everyone like him. But Thanos wiped his mind so Starfox thought he just developed this ability on his own. Thanos eventually had to testify at his brother's rape case.

Actually flip that, Starfox wanted to give Thanos a gift, he made Thanos fall in love with Death.

I never knew what happened to Starfox. He just vanished off my radar.

I like the book more than the film because what (poorly executed) relationships there are, are done so much better than the movie. Also, they cut out a lot of Tom Riddle shit for... death eaters at the Burrow? What?

Prisoner of Azkaban is the best! Cuarón is so much more skilled in filmmaking than Yates it's not even funny.

But yes, love potions are creepy AF. Hermione and Ginny gravitating towards them in the joke shop (in the book) was really... weird.

Ah, the Potter Series. I remember checking out the deathly hallows at the library and finishing the book two days later. Thought it ended well in my opinion.

LionPride

Banned
From 1st grade-4th grade I read all 7 HP books, loved them shits

OotP is the worst movie just because of how much shit was cut out, like book to film adaptation, but jesus christ

Malyse

A poorly-voiced anime with big boobs meets a child with a strange face. The child takes her clothes off. Their boobs collide.

That might be my new favorite steam review.
What did those lil rabid bastards destroy?

My damn internet connection. Chewed through the Fiber Optic cable and made me miss a meeting.

From 1st grade-4th grade I read all 7 HP books, loved them shits

OotP is the worst movie just because of how much shit was cut out, like book to film adaptation, but jesus christ
I started reading them not too long before the Goblet of Fire movie (worst IMO) released, so I was... 8 or 9 years old. Deathly Hallows released the night I finished my last day of primary school so that was a really memorable time.

I do think OotP had too much cut but I also think the book was too bloated. There should've been a nice middle ground.
I never read the potter books
I really like them but that's probably because I grew up reading them. It might be a "you had to be there" thing

LionPride

Banned
I started reading them not too long before the Goblet of Fire movie (worst IMO) released, so I was... 8 or 9 years old. Deathly Hallows released the night I finished my last day of primary school so that was a really memorable time.

I do think OotP had too much cut but I also think the book was too bloated. There should've been a nice middle ground.

I really like them but that's probably because I grew up reading them. It might be a "you had to be there" thing
Goblet of Fire convinced me Robert Pattinson and Danielle Radcliffe could act

OoTP just existed tbh

Then the last 20/30 minutes happen then it's litty

Johndoey

Banned

OoTP just existed tbh

Hmm? Why Goblet? He wasn't really in it much If I recall correctly. I didn't place it as a particularly noteworthy performance.

OoTP just existed tbh

Goblet of Fire did pull off those emotional segments at the end pretty well, I'll admit.

And yeah, the final part of OotP is lit (literally). Dumbleboss was showing Riddle how it's done.

Johndoey

Banned
Four mushroom people stared at him, in shock and awe, and he wearily returned their gaze. Four living, breathing, mushroom citizens. He thought they had all gone extinct. They were small, all of the mushrooms were, of course, but these appeared like children to him. One dared closer and he stiffened involuntarily. The small girl, whose mushroom cap donned pale pink spots, stopped by his crude cot and gazed into his eyes anxiously, searching for something. Then all at once her face lit up with recognition.

"It's you..." she whispered slowly, inaudibly. She backed away, glancing at her comrades. "It's him."

"It's really him?"

"How can that be?"

"Is it r-really L-Luigi?"

He held his breath at this, eyes narrowing in disbelief. Swallowing dryly he rasped. "What did...what did you call me?"

"Luig-gi," one of them stuttered hesitantly.

Luigi. If that was his name, shouldn't he remember it? He only remembered being called "boy," even though he was well advanced in years. Oftentimes he was called "little Mario," and that wrenched his heart just to think about.

Fear clutched him again, and he gazed at them uncertainly. "Where am I?"

"The Mushroom Kingdom."

Here we go

Malyse

Deathly Hallows came out two days before I joined the military. I convinced my mom to buy it for me and mainlined the book in a few hours.

Top Bottom