• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Mornin' everyone, hope you're all doing well.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...elated’/ar-AApAh6m?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Most?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

They nasty.

Are there any actual real life black people behind the Gorillaz? Or is it just a white Brit?

Oh, Dan the Automator is part of the group. To be honest, the image should be Noodles punching an Asian stereotype. Talk about what you know.
For the last album yes (main collaborator/exec producer), the rest of the albums sorta because of the guest artist.

TheSun

Downloaded miitomo.

Even going in knowing folks were really eh about it, it still felt like a nothing of an app.

Tomodachi on the phone sounded like aces. Shame that it wasn't, would've loved it otherwise.

Malyse

They need to make a smartphone game that ties in with a Switch title.

Code:
[img]http://stylesavvy.nintendo.com/assets/images/global/sofie.png[/img]

Getting in the mindset to apply to grad school next year and there's one school I'm set on.

I was always old not to put all my eggs in one basket but up until now in life I've always done it an it has always worked out for me.

Johndoey

Banned
Amiibos are the worst possible version of dlc cause that can be almost impossible to find. I wanted to pick-up a specific Amiibo for BotW's launch and the thing was out of stock in like ten minutes.

Kreed

I don't really know shit about Amiibos, but this sounds like DLC that was announced via poor communication.

It's DLC toys, which would be an "ok" idea if this was the year 2002 and they had these instead of that Gameboy card reader. Now it's just a way to lose money from people who would rather have DLC instead of hunting for a rare figurine on Amazon. What Nintendo should be doing if they are so intent on packing in toys is doing this idea in reverse by letting people pay for DLC and then give them an option to get a Amiibo with it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Amiibos are the worst possible version of dlc cause that can be almost impossible to find. I wanted to pick-up a specific Amiibo for BotW's launch and the thing was out of stock in like ten minutes.

the problem is that Nintendo still occasionally manages to put out Amiibo that don't sell to anybody

Tom Nook is infamous for sticking around unsold on store shelves forever

so they're definitely going to continue to be conservative with how many they manufacture to avoid that

I still say they need to make a decision on how important Amiibo need to be. Either pull all the way back and just make all the amiibo stuff small cosmetic unlocks, or make each amiibo really worth something across a bunch of games so it feels like buying one is a bargain

the problem is that Nintendo still occasionally manages to put out Amiibo that don't sell to anybody

Tom Nook is infamous for sticking around unsold on store shelves forever

so they're definitely going to continue to be conservative with how many they manufacture to avoid that

I still say they need to make a decision on how important Amiibo need to be. Either pull all the way back and just make all the amiibo stuff small cosmetic unlocks, or make each amiibo really worth something across a bunch of games so it feels like buying one is a bargain

Every time a Nintendo fan wants to get mad at a publisher for "testing the waters" with a dumbass game instead of putting out content people want, I'm bringing this up.

Instead of metroid amiibos people want, let's play conservative because of fucking Tom Nook.

Cmon man!!!

RedSwirl

Ain't fucked with Amiibo yet. I almost forgot what they even do.

I've gotta admit though I've been in a lot of situations recently where it would've been advantageous to have a Switch. Still wondering whether to buy Sonic Mania for that or for my laptop.

Beefy

You all good fam?

I went into a jewelry shop to look at new stud for my ear. Dude showed me a tray and pointed to one with loads of fake diamonds on it. Dude then said "you'd look like a drug dealer with that" 🤔

You all good fam?

I went into a jewelry shop to look at new stud for my ear. Dude showed me a tray and pointed to one with loads of fake diamonds on it. Dude then said "you'd look like a drug dealer with that" 🤔

Please tell me you looked him dead in the eye and walked out the door.

Top Bottom