• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LionPride

Banned
All I remember about the Ben 10 live action movies is the first one with that mid 2000s punk rock song that I fucks with to this day

DMVfan123

Banned
Y'all talking about Ben 10, my favorite childhood show, and nobody's mentioned this game yet?
latest

I thought the live action movies were the shit when I was a kid, but now they're just lame
Alien Force was pretty damn good, yeah. Rath was the best alien though

LotusHD

Banned
It was so stupid that the writers completely retcon Gwen's magical powers and Kevin's backstory.

I forgot what exactly happened to Kevin, but as for Gwen, I didn't mind too much, because it gave her more to do I guess.

---

Damn, a lot of people care about Chris Pratt and Ann Faris' relationship

Malyse

I forgot what exactly happened to Kevin, but as for Gwen, I didn't mind too much, because it gave her more to do I guess.

---

Damn, a lot of people care about Chris Pratt and Ann Faris' relationship

They are two people with likeable public images that seem very sincere and relatable. I'm not weeping, but I generally like to see people who I think of as relatively good happy, so for them both to no longer be so with each other is slightly saddening.

LotusHD

Banned
They are two people with likeable public images that seem very sincere and relatable. I'm not weeping, but I generally like to see people who I think of as relatively good happy, so for them both to no longer be so with each other is slightly saddening.

I wasn't so much mocking the thread (Well, aside from several weird comments in there), but just more me being surprised it got to 5 pages. Low-key I too thought it was sad. That's 1 less couple to root for in silence.

Johndoey

Banned
Watching the last third of Descendants 2. Mad love potion action dog. The cheapest looking crown I've ever seen in a professional production. Turns out True Love's Kiss is a cure-all.

Uma needs to straighten her shit out, she's that shitty ex-friend that don't call ever but gets all uppity next time you see them.

Ben is really getting the short end of the stick in these moves honestly.

Is having a girlfriend that can turn into a dragon on command cool or scary?

Goodamnit Ben your girlfriend is out here defending your honor, don't try and pull some Both Sides shit on her. Seriously what's with this crown prop.

Ben's parents built a wall and they're keeping the bad hombres out. Yee-haw.

This could've all been solved by basic communication between Mal and Ben, the internet generation at work I guess. I can't see this relationship lasting at this point.

Fairy Godmother is really dropping the ball tbh.

So this cruise ship is flooding, but nah keep dancing I guess. No damn safety standards.

Oh snap son the motherfreaking bass just dropped.

Descendants 2 going hard in the paint.

UMA WILL RETURN

Well that was a thing.
--
I miss Halloweentown.

Order

Watching the last third of Descendants 2. Mad love potion action dog. The cheapest looking crown I've ever seen in a professional production. Turns out True Love's Kiss is a cure-all.

Uma needs to straighten her shit out, she's that shitty ex-friend that don't call ever but gets all uppity next time you see them.

Ben is really getting the short end of the stick in these moves honestly.

Is having a girlfriend that can turn into a dragon on command cool or scary?

Goodamnit Ben your girlfriend is out here defending your honor, don't try and pull some Both Sides shit on her. Seriously what's with this crown prop.

Ben's parents built a wall and they're keeping the bad hombres out. Yee-haw.

This could've all been solved by basic communication between Mal and Ben, the internet generation at work I guess. I can't see this relationship lasting at this point.

Fairy Godmother is really dropping the ball tbh.

So this cruise ship is flooding, but nah keep dancing I guess. No damn safety standards.

Oh snap son the motherfreaking bass just dropped.

Descendants 2 going hard in the paint.

Well that was a thing.
--
I miss Halloweentown.
Halloweentown was dope. Don't Look Under the Bed was my favorite though.

Went on a date today and saw Detroit at the end of the day. Loved it, movie of the year for me. She didn't really like it lol..
Can't believe even saying this but my DAD just called me.

A man who I havent spoken to in YEARS.
Was today redemption day or something? Someone I used to be friends with me decided to message me on Facebook this morning apologizing what he did wrong in the past. He stole some money and games from me back in high school.

Went on a date today and saw Detroit at the end of the day. Loved it, movie of the year for me. She didn't really like it lol..

Was today redemption day or something? Someone I used to be friends with me decided to message me on Facebook this morning apologizing what he did wrong in the past. He stole some money and games from me back in high school.
It was too romantic

The podcast "You must remember this" has at currently 7 part series on Jane Fonda vs Jean Seberg. How these 2 white women turned into radicals of conflicting ideas. (Jean through the Black Panthers and Malcolm X adjacent)

This is part 1
https://play.google.com/music/m/Drr..._Jean_Jane_Episode_1_-_You_Must_Remember_This

LotusHD

Banned
Finally got around to beating the first Witcher 3 DLC. Good thing the story is some top-tier shit, because I still ain't a fan of that combat.

Kreed

So weird that Rick & Morty was the show that made me realize how utterly creepy love potions are.

A love potion episode is mandatory in every cartoon.

The biggest reason love potions usually fall off the Pill Cosby radar in TV shows/comics is because they usually don't work and the main characters learn lessons from using them. Example, the main character tries to give the love potion to their crush and ends up giving it to the villain, and by the end of the chaos they swear off love potions and go back to trying to "win" their crush the "right way" aka not doing anything but being nice and feeling entitled.

New Gorillaz music video starts off with someone in black face being punched by a cartoon fist

Are there any actual real life black people behind the Gorillaz? Or is it just a white Brit?

Oh, Dan the Automator is part of the group. To be honest, the image should be Noodles punching an Asian stereotype. Talk about what you know.

Morning all

Morning BCT

Waypoint is the best gaming podcast out right now.

I've been meaning to check them out

Are there any actual real life black people behind the Gorillaz? Or is it just a white Brit?

Oh, Dan the Automator is part of the group. To be honest, the image should be Noodles punching an Asian stereotype. Talk about what you know.

I've always wondered why someone of a different etheniticy having just as much issue with something a black person would isn't okay?

Don't mean to step on any toes here, but as an example, someone saying Colin Kapernick "wasn't black enough to take a knee."

I guess the reason I ask is because in some circles the question of "why don't any white athletes come out and side with CK on taking a knee" comes up. So to read someone say why don't people just stick to what the know just makes me curious.

Again not coming at you.

Beefy

Nah, you been reading the thread? Not many even care about about that, just thirsty dudes going on

Top Bottom