• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Mizerman

You all good fam?

I went into a jewelry shop to look at new stud for my ear. Dude showed me a tray and pointed to one with loads of fake diamonds on it. Dude then said "you'd look like a drug dealer with that" 🤔

Some people are just bold.

LotusHD

Banned
So...are we allowed to use the word "nigga" or nah?

Got a ban for it last week.

I very rarely use it on here because it ain't worth the potential hassle, much less a ban which I didn't even know could happen.

You all good fam?

I went into a jewelry shop to look at new stud for my ear. Dude showed me a tray and pointed to one with loads of fake diamonds on it. Dude then said "you'd look like a drug dealer with that" ��

Breh

Morning all

I've been meaning to check them out

I've always wondered why someone of a different etheniticy having just as much issue with something a black person would isn't okay?

Don't mean to step on any toes here, but as an example, someone saying Colin Kapernick "wasn't black enough to take a knee."

I guess the reason I ask is because in some circles the question of "why don't any white athletes come out and side with CK on taking a knee" comes up. So to read someone say why don't people just stick to what the know just makes me curious.

Again not coming at you.

Oh, it's fine. I guess I'm trying to work something out here. I'm cool with non black people speaking up and speaking about black issues. I suppose it's the matter of how. It just seemed a bit much for what I thought was a non black group to showcase blackface imagery to make a point. Especially a group called the Gorillaz.

For the last album yes (main collaborator/exec producer), the rest of the albums sorta because of the guest artist.

Yeah, they've had tons of black guest artists. That I knew.

DarkTower_KBU_17_30200297.jpg

Cornrow Gooding, Jr!

Johndoey

Banned
I need a Goosebumps television revival, we're missing a good tween friendly short horror option.

Or at least someone needs to properly capitalize on this creepypasta deal and start cranking out some decent shorts. Channel Zero wasn't what it needed to be.

akira28

feeling like I just got lucky and didn't sleep with Usher...got damn scammers in the BST thread and I was very close to throwing away 400 bucks.

my cheapness about to get me fucked up

edit: tween friendly horror, are you a tween doey?

Malyse

I need a Goosebumps television revival, we're missing a good tween friendly short horror option.

Or at least someone needs to properly capitalize on this creepypasta deal and start cranking out some decent shorts. Channel Zero wasn't what it needed to be.

Nah. They chasing them movie dollars.

Johndoey

Banned
feeling like I just got lucky and didn't sleep with Usher...got damn scammers in the BST thread and I was very close to throwing away 400 bucks.

my cheapness about to get me fucked up
Yeah I got burned out of a chunk of change last year, shit made me furious.

Mediking

How'd that call go?

How did it go?

Haven't yet called him back.

Got a real complicated relationship with the man who hasn't really been in life at all.

I don't hate him though... strangely enough.

I'm tempted to call him back and get advice from him because I do agree somewhat that I need a good father figure in my life.

Then again a huge part of me doesn't wanna hear from him.

Anime cycle.

Prison School is batshit fucking ln-bonkers-sane. What the fuck is this manga even?

Another manga that starts off really awesome and cool in the beginning but crashes and burns due to repetitiveness and stalling a certain scene.

Malyse

Another manga that starts off really awesome and cool in the beginning but crashes and burns due to repetitiveness and stalling a certain scene.

It ramps back up as it continues. Hell, the title doesn't even apply anymore.

-----

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGnySFcXsAExl7H.jpg[/IMG]

Malyse

It will be the rare occasion I will get mad over stuff like that if that couple does not come to pass.

I threw a fit after I finished Strawberry 100%. I was SOOO PISSED. So many of my friends were reading it at the same time and we we all pissed about it. Then I found out that Mizuki Kawashita has never written a quality ending to any of her manga. Every single time is bullshit or (more commonly) a non ending.

Zekes!

I threw a fit after I finished Strawberry 100%. I was SOOO PISSED. So many of my friends were reading it at the same time and we we all pissed about it. Then I found out that Mizuki Kawashita has never written a quality ending to any of her manga. Every single time is bullshit or (more commonly) a non ending.

I was happy with that outcome tbh. Felt like the only developed relationship in that manga

Shuffle is the only harem ending that I've seen where the MC didn't go for the obvious choice and had a good ending.

Well, there was The Haunting Hour and Deadtime Stories.

andthebeatgoeson

How long is this runway in fast 6? 5 miles long? 20? The sun is coming up, this plane been taking off for so long. It needs to refuel after the takeoff.

Roy I must file a grievance to you as the resident Philly native.

I just received a cheesesteak sandwich that was comprised of grilled roast beef cold cuts instead of steak.

akira28

i was guessing shady food truck, or street cart philly subs.

if you don't see them put red meat down and grill it brown, you don't buy it.

D i Z

Did you get it from a mall food court or something?

He got it from Jersey Mike's. With two slices of wheat bread. And lettuce. Dry. And cheese wiz.

Rihanna tho 👀👀👀👀

i was guessing shady food truck, or street cart philly subs.

if you don't see them put red meat down and grill it brown, you don't buy it.

Subway doesn't let you see that meat being prepared. They just bust it out the package.

I'mma get $5 cards for all y'all.

Man if it was some SEA or Middle Eastern expat speaking fractured english selling mystery meat from a cart I'd get it. That's the price you pay for a $3 sandwich with a coke.

But this shit was from my go-to respectable local sandwich place that's actually kinda decent. Threw me off hard when I took a bite.

Subway probably would have been better lol.

Top Bottom