• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Londa

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:
I'm the token white guy who used to hang out in this thread all the time. Just finished a 2 month ban- haven't so much as even lurked GAF.

Already I see names I don't recognize...the internet never sleeps I guess.

You might recognize my avatar, but it seems it's no longer active.

And who you is?

I've seen you talk about Funk music a lot and your stories about girls. That is all I know.

Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Londa said:
I've seen you talk about Funk music a lot and your stories about girls. That is all I know.

Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

That's pretty much me in a nutshell, both on GAF and in real life.

Cedric said:
http://dailyshow.thecomedynetwork.ca/

Just saw the Common "controversy" thing on Fox News... Smh, we're in 2011 and televison still broadcasts racist shit.

Can't watch the video here, can someone explain what happens?

As far as I know there's some controversy about him coming to the white house or some place because he has "hateful" lyrics in some of his tracks. I'm still shocked that republicans would want a rapper anywhere near them.

Cedric

lightless_shado said:
Can't watch the video here, can someone explain what happens?

As far as I know there's some controversy about him coming to the white house or some place because he has "hateful" lyrics in some of his tracks. I'm still shocked that republicans would want a rapper anywhere near them.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/jon-stewart-slams-fox-news

There's a description before the video in case that doesn't work either.

disappeared said:
Please tell me this is from a mixtape, or that there's a good quality mp3 of it somewhere.
It is from a mixtape dude. A-1's afterschool special mixtape

Cedric said:
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/jon-stewart-slams-fox-news

There's a description before the video in case that doesn't work either.

Damn sounds like Hannity and co. just got demolished. It's pretty interesting watching how right wingers try to hide their racism. They wouldn't feel comfortable around him because he's black but they can't say it.

I find it funny because I remember watching a news clip the other day where someone mentioned that common actually defended dr.laura after she went on what would be considered a pretty racist rant.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lightless_shado said:
I find it funny because I remember watching a news clip the other day where someone mentioned that common actually defended dr.laura after she went on what would be considered a pretty racist rant.

wow. "if youre that hypersensative about color and dont have a sense of humor, dont marry outside your race"

fucking wow. i hate throw the word racist around, but that sounds like someone who says nigger alot in the comfort of their own home.

The Faceless Master said:
oh wow.

Common? really? that's who they went after?

i know, right? they might as well go after talib kweli while theyre at it

Parallax said:
wow. "if youre that hypersensative about color and dont have a sense of humor, dont marry outside your race"

fucking wow. i hate throw the word racist around, but that sounds like someone who says nigger alot in the comfort of their own home.

The worst part is that you can't tell she really isn't really sorry. She's just sorry she got caught. She doesn't know how wrong she is or what she did wrong. She just wants to be out of trouble. Its saddening knowing that there is an unacceptable amount of people like that out there. Their racism comes out over the internet or in private usually.

Parallax said:
i love how they keep dropping the term ganster rapper. its like they did no sort of research into his backlog to prove their point
best part is they don't have to. they know their demographic doesn't listen to rap and never will. the deception requires no effort at all.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Big Baybee said:
Fox News is pathetic. I remember when it was funny. I'm not laughing any more.

was it ever really funny? their high and mighty "disagreeing with the president is unamerican" act they did when bush was president was just as tired as the rat scramble of misinformation that is "we speak for the true americans" act they're pulling now. its more depressing that people believe this tripe than it being funny. ok, im wrong. its so over the top it could be seen as funny

Don't you guys love it when games have "robust" character creation and not a single fucking slider/preset makes your guy look anything remotely close to a black dude/girl?

How hard is it to GIS "Black man/woman" and then put something resembling that in your game?

Fuck

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
perfectnight said:
Don't you guys love it when games have "robust" character creation and not a single fucking slider/preset makes your guy look anything remotely close to a black dude/girl?

How hard is it to GIS "Black man/woman" and then put something resembling that in your game?

Fuck

dude, don't even fuck with virtua tennis 4. my dude looks like prince with an orange tan

sadaiyappan

I would put rap lyrics as away messages when I was in college at UIC. And sometimes I would quote rappers when I was drunk/buzzing.

And I would put up quotes from movies too.

DrFunk said:
dude, don't even fuck with virtua tennis 4. my dude looks like prince with an orange tan
yeah, i love when i slide the slider all the way up and sit there thinking "it doesn't get any darker than that?" and then i have to decide if i want corn rows or an afro... well, i mean, i actually have corn rows, but just sayin'

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i love when i slide the slider all the way up and sit there thinking "it doesn't get any darker than that?" and then i have to decide if i want corn rows or an afro... well, i mean, i actually have corn rows, but just sayin'
Hahaha, same here.

Top Bottom