• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Measley said:
Aly Michalka is hot as hell though.

hell yes. im not into blondes, but she is something

MWS Natural said:
F29CA.png

Fuuuuuk why can't I find me a hot black wifey! I need to move back to the ATL!!!

well, it looks like rowland gaf wins again. raise your glasses friends

Does the tall dark and handsome thing tick anybody else off when the said person turns out to be a white guy? It's like "what's does that make me?" lol

Parallax

DragonKnight said:
Does the tall dark and handsome thing tick anybody else off when the said person turns out to be a white guy? It's like "what's does that make me?" lol
I've never heard that term used in regards to a white guy...

DominoKid

DragonKnight said:

"She said dark, not black. You lose. lololol *trollface*" - my mom.

Mononofu

DragonKnight said:

Yes but I only hear it on TV. Edit: it also sucks if your not tall.

Parallax said:
I've never heard that term used in regards to a white guy...

Just saw a magazine tagging a white guy as tall, dark, and handsome. So if you're not from poland or extremely white that makes you dark? What a joke.

Ok...um wow on this article

Tagline is as follows: FIRESTORM: Psychologist "explains" why black women are less attractive http://huff.to/ldzEHz

What accounts for the markedly lower average level of physical attractiveness among black women? Black women are on average much heavier than nonblack women. The mean body-mass index (BMI) at Wave III is 28.5 among black women and 26.1 among nonblack women. (Black and nonblack men do not differ in BMI: 27.0 vs. 26.9)

However, this is not the reason black women are less physically attractive than nonblack women. Black women have lower average level of physical attractiveness net of BMI. Nor can the race difference in intelligence (and the positive association between intelligence and physical attractiveness) account for the race difference in physical attractiveness among women. Black women are still less physically attractive than nonblack women net of BMI and intelligence. Net of intelligence, black men are significantly more physically attractive than nonblack men.

This guy is a nut case, more can be found through the link. They gave him the backlash he clearly deserved.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Urban Scholar said:

Tagline is as follows: FIRESTORM: Psychologist "explains" why black women are less attractive http://huff.to/ldzEHz

This guy is a nut case, more can be found through the link. They gave him the backlash he clearly deserved.

I...I...

I think I'm just gonna go lay down. smh

Parallax

Urban Scholar said:

wait, so black people were thrown against every race collectively in terms of attractiveness? what the hell?

Lebron

Mononofu said:
I guess I'll take this one if nobody else will. :\

See you on the other side.
I canz post interracial pictures?

But really, I would stay out of that one if it was made. I'm sure there would be laughs, face palms, and bannings for all.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I just love women. I can't help but scoff at people who draw arbitrary lines in the imaginary sand when it comes to the subject of ethnicity and women.

In response to the article: Beauty is arbitrary, it is a construct, and it's definition is dependent upon who you ask. Thats whats so goddamn ridiculous about that blog post. As a psychologist, he should know that.

Funtruck

Banned
im hardly attracted to black women

i mean my penis literally only goes up half-way for black women but all the way for every other race

its weird

Dreams-Visions said:

Gotta love the fact that O'reilly's own audience was cracking up at some of Jon's jokes. This whole thing really was ridiculous. I don't think it would've mattered which black guest the Obamas wanted over at the white-house, there would be controversy. The only rapper safer than common that they could've picked was will smith.
DragonKnight said:
EVERY.FUCKING.TIME. Especially if a girl describes that as her type and is horrified to meet someone who actually is dark and not just a white guy with black hair and a tan.

Urban Scholar said:

SMH. Well glad he's getting an intellectual beatdown.
Topher said:
I just love women. I can't help but scoff at people who draw arbitrary lines in the imaginary sand when it comes to the subject of ethnicity and women.

In response to the article: Beauty is arbitrary, it is a construct, and it's definition is dependent upon who you ask. Thats whats so goddamn ridiculous about that blog post. As a psychologist, he should know that.
Agreed. I'm glad I'm not one of those who can claim they're not attracted to _____ race. Just more for me :)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Funtruck said:
im hardly attracted to black women

i mean my penis literally only goes up half-way for black women but all the way for every other race

its weird
tsk tsk. you're missing out.

I'm just thankful that I grew up in a neighborhood where you were encouraged to like anybody. My first girl friend was spanish, my next crush black, and my first college hookup was with a white girl. I'm not trying to put anybody down but how can one not like all races? The only girl that is an automatic HELL NO is a fat white girl. I'd rather die than succumb to that disgusting stereotype.

zero_suit

DragonKnight said:
The only girl that is an automatic HELL NO is a fat white girl. I'd rather die than succumb to that disgusting stereotype.

Haha, yeah I don't see a fat white woman in my future either.

Oh, have you looked at that thread about black women yet?

spindashing said:
Hi, brothers (and sisters).

That other thread sure rose my blood pressure.

What happened? why did you leave us!

DragonKnight said:
The only girl that is an automatic HELL NO is a fat white girl. I'd rather die than succumb to that disgusting stereotype.
My man.

I love not being a stereotype. For a lot of people where I live, I'm the only black person they know, so I like to think that I'm helping change their perception of black people. Its really annoying having to deal with some of the stupid assumptions and questions they ask, but at the end of the day I'm glad I'm helping change their idea of what a black person is.

spindashing said:
Hi, brothers (and sisters).

That other thread sure rose my blood pressure.
who are you tellin'.

This "...but they're XX% white" is some new shit that I'm just not equipped to handle. Fuck mang, I'm about half 70/30, and that 30 is white from one side and Cherokee from the other. I didn't know that meant I was no longer entitled to my Black Card.

The notion that a person who isn't black would make a concerted effort to separate me or my people is hella stressful to me. I wonder what % of 'black' would they deem "enough black" to be considered "black". lol (but not really laughing at all)

Top Bottom