• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Londa said:
I say this because when I tried to explain the truth from a black persons perspective I am either trolled, told I'm wrong, or responded to with a stupid poll or study that does disprove me point. You can find a study on anything on the internet.
Ugh that thread. I gave up after one of them called you to sensitive.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
What, there is a Haitian flag day?
Yes, there's a Haitian flag day.

MWS Natural said:
Thank God you're back. I got tired of seeing your ugly mug spamming the GAF Facebook page =P
Every time I saw a black person on there, I knew they had to be from here. :lol

Although, I did not know/did not remember that the NeoGAF user MIMIC was black. He was banned due to things said in the Kobe thread. =(

Londa

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Ugh that thread. I gave up after one of them called you to sensitive.
Gaf can get really ugly, I'm still shocked they didn't bann that guy who actually took the time to print your avatar in color just to piss on it. That user really needs to self examine himself.

Londa said:
Gaf can get really ugly, I'm still shocked they didn't bann that guy who actually took the time to print your avatar in color just to piss on it. That user really needs to self examine himself.
When the fuck did that happen? Link me that shit.

Londa said:
Wait, WHAT?

That thread is just baffling.

People are using ever possible explanation to justify why it's cool to say "all black women are unattractive" or any number of weasel-word versions of the same thought. I find myself less wtf about it if I approach the discussion from a "man want smash" standpoint, though...but that's probably because I'm a man, and I want to smash, heh.

Everyone's an anthropologist and an expert on psychological/biological/hormonal aesthetic science when it comes time to cut black women down!

RBH

Londa said:
What in the world....

Londa

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Oh man, I'm going to need to drink tea for this shit. I'm bumping that thread.
they did it after I noticed you stopped posting in the thread. Let's hope the image is still there.

Eh after the nonsense in the NFL OT thread I've chilled back a bit on posting in most race threads like that. Many times I feel ganged up on because there are so many of them and many times I'm the only one who has my point of few. I do notice many people who post in here avoid race threads as well...

MWS Natural said:
Eh after the nonsense in the NFL OT thread I've chilled back a bit on posting in most race threads like that. Many times I feel ganged up on because there are so many of them and many times I'm the only one who has my point of few. I do notice many people who post in here avoid race threads as well...
Because it turns to a carnival of stupid after 15 posts and noone can reply without insulting comments.

royalan

I just hate how casually borderline racism is being represented in that other thread. Like their opinion is more than just preference. No, it's common fact and we're the weird ones for thinking black women could possibly be attractive.

Nice to know from this thread that there's a strong presence of Black on GAF, though.

I find myself in most threads involving race because it's a fun issue to discuss.

...but I do hold back because I don't want to be the "race guy" or the "race baiting guy" or the "race card guy" or any permutation of those things. I want to discuss stuff, and have people able to discuss what I say without any biases.

Baby Milo

rofl you guys were all tee heeing,laughing,daring each other to make a thread about that article

don't even know why your disappointed about gaf's reaction you should have known better

Neoriceisgood said:
I don't really get the whole race thing anyway, statistics and stuff aside,
isn't it individuals who are important?

That's not the world we live in, though.
We exist in this world, and in this world it was decided that race is a factor in things, subconsciously or consciously, for better and worse.

captmcblack said:
I find myself in most threads involving race because it's a fun issue to discuss.

...but I do hold back because I don't want to be the "race guy" or the "race baiting guy" or the "race card guy" or any permutation of those things. I want to discuss stuff, and have people able to discuss what I say without any biases.
You are a better man than me. People can have their ignorance but I won't allow them to feel good about it.

Londa

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Oh and thanks. I was really hoping for replies but atleast I got the last comment in.

If I was you, I would report that post. I didn't because I swore to myself that a mod would ban him. But maybe he is one of those people that has protection?

Mononofu

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Seriously, does the mod that reads this thread mind telling me how someone gets away with this? Then I'll leave it alone.

Wow I thought blame space was better than that. His tag tells the whole story I suppose.

MWS Natural said:
No offense, but it's easy to "not get" race living in a country that is 82% white.

None taken.

/minor edit

That does explain why I barely know anyone who isn't white though, I never knew that statistic.

Neoriceisgood said:
None taken.

/minor edit

That does explain why I barely know anyone who isn't white though, I never knew that statistic.
I think the fact that some posters from GAF many times are from places in Europe with even less access to blacks than white people who live in rural areas in America. So their views about race on many topics are so different than many of ours.

Yeah, history changes a lot in that regard.

Still though, I kinda find some of the opinions in that black females thread kinda ... stupid.

How can you find a whole "race" not attractive, doesn't it strongly depend on how an individual looks (and acts as I do not find looks enough of a basis to determine attraction).

It seems a bit silly to me to imply that you do not find a girl attractive because of fickle and uninformative reasons such as just race alone.

Londa

Banned
Neoriceisgood said:
Yeah, history changes a lot in that regard.

Still though, I kinda find some of the opinions in that black females thread kinda ... stupid.

How can you find a whole "race" not attractive, doesn't it strongly depend on how an individual looks (and acts as I do not find looks enough of a basis to determine attraction).
It seems a bit silly to me to imply that you do not find a girl attractive because of fickle and uninformative reasons such as just race alone.

People who think like this are not exposed to many black people. Its fear of the unknown. Kind of like how in every Alien movie the military always comes in with tanks and guns ready to floor any Alien in sight on first contact.

Really? I think I've (probably*) only spoken to one black girl in my life, yet I don't feel that way.

(then again she was both smart and very beautiful looking, so maybe that gave me a bias, hahahah.)

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Because it turns to a carnival of stupid after 15 posts and noone can reply without insulting comments.

This :p

As soon as I read the title of that black women thread I decided to stay away.

and I see spindashing is back. I wonder how many more black-gaffers are still on timeouts from that PSN thread lol

Funtruck

Banned
Londa said:
People who think like this are not exposed to many black people. Its fear of the unknown. Kind of like how in every Alien movie the military always comes in with tanks and guns ready to floor any Alien in sight on first contact.
funny because i think that way and im exposed to black people more than any other race

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Neoriceisgood said:
Really? I think I've (probably*) only spoken to one black girl in my life, yet I don't feel that way.

(then again she was both smart and very beautiful looking, so maybe that gave me a bias, hahahah.)
Hoe gaat het? Waar in Nederland, woon jij?

Londa

Banned
Funtruck said:
funny because i think that way and im exposed to black people more than any other race

wtf? why are you posting here if you feel that way? oh, I forgot, to troll. Nvm carry on until you slip up and get banned :D

Veidt

Neoriceisgood said:
Leeuwarden, jij?

Are you even supposed to talk in Non-English languages on here? I don't feel like doublechecking.
Don't live in Nederland any more. Woonde ergens in gelderland. Heel,heel lang geleden.

Londa

Banned
Funtruck said:
lol where in the hell did i say i hated blacks?

come on now..

edit. But still. You admitting to relating with the very example I posted. Hate/fear of the unknown. Which confuses me because you said that you are half black. What do you not know about black people? You don't have to answer that because I don't really care to know.

Veidt

Het verenigd koninkriijk. Het is hier zelfs drukker dan thuis!

Funtruck

Banned
Londa said:
edit. But still. You admitting to relating with the very example I posted. Hate/fear of the unknown. Which confuses me because you said that you are half black. What do you not know about black people? You don't have to answer that because I don't really care to know.
you made the claim that the only way you could say you werent generally attracted to black women is because they're alien you; im telling you that this is wrong because im generally not attracted to black women AND im around black people FAR more than any other race.

Londa

Banned
Funtruck said:
you made the claim that the only way you could say you werent generally attracted to black women is because they're alien you; im telling you that this is wrong because im generally not attracted to black women AND im around black people FAR more than any other race.

I'm female, but to apply this thinking to men. As a black female I like all kind of men of any culture if they look good to me. I realize from my experience in America that people from any race have ugly people and attractive people. I do not sit at home and let the tv/ computer tell me who is more attractive for me. I go out and experience life because I am fortunate to be in a area with all types of people.

The poster was asking why people have the opinion they do of black women. My responce is that they aren't exposed to black women, so they are scared of the unknown. You have nothing to do with this, since you are half black. You fall under the self hating group of black people that would rather date a overweight white woman with a bag over her head than a knock out African American.

Funtruck

Banned
Londa said:
I'm female, but to apply this thinking to men. As a black female I like all kind of men of any culture if they look good to me. I realize from my experience in America that people from any race have ugly people and attractive people. I do not sit at home and let the tv/ computer tell me who is more attractive for me. I go out and experience life because I am fortunate to be in a area with all types of people.

The poster was asking why people have the opinion they do of black women. My responce is that they aren't exposed to black women, so they are scared of the unknown. You have nothing to do with this, since you are half black. You fall under the self hating group of black people that would rather date a overweight white woman with a bag over her head than a knock out African American.
if that makes you feel better than sure

Funtruck said:
lol where in the hell did i say i hated blacks?

come on now..
I've read your previous posts and I honestly don't know why you would even want to post here. I'm sure whoever welcomed to this thread probably hadn't seen your post history.

Top Bottom